Mechbuilds, I have been following your HELP topics for a while now, and I think I'm seeing a pattern:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/172699-mechbuilds/&do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

From what i see, you start A LOT of topics needing help and not finishing the actual things.

I might sound a bit harsh, but how about you actually try to listening to all the advice we give you, finish a project and than go onto a next one?

And try learning on your own mistakes, have some patience and don't instantly make another HELP topic at the sight of the first small obstacle.

Now about the tractor, a simple suspended live axle like the one from 9398 or 8110 should be bouncy enough for a child IMO. Or you can go with the 42099's combo of both.

Edited by Zerobricks

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

"Keep it simple"

I think this is great advice.. when something is very convoluted, its probably not the best way. I prefer to build with trial and error, version after version - some prefer an electronic process - but i suspect the end goal is the same.. the word i like is elegant. I rarely achieve it!!! But thats the goal, simplify and make as efficient as possible, mechanically and the parts used... when you rebuild and everything drops into place, the sense of satisfaction is awesome. Now if only i could do that all the time i could send my job application off to TLG!! 

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Er, @Zerobricks, are you really sure you targeted the right person in the right place? I mean, please check who started this topic :)

Oh shoot, you are right :wall:

I was so used to seeing Mech ask for help, my brain kind of correlated his reply as his own topic... Sorry for my brainfart.

Having said that, is still stand by my words for any builder. Keep trying and don't give up so quickly. And as cool as it sounds to make something amazingly complex and special, the fact is KISS is the best. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Keep trying and don't give up so quickly

This is where the pleasure is for me.. trying and failing, and trying and failing.. and eventually succeeding (sometimes!) But the fun is in the challenge, persisting and not giving up.

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Mechbuilds, I have been following your HELP topics for a while now, and I think I'm seeing a pattern:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/172699-mechbuilds/&do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

From what i see, you start A LOT of topics needing help and not finishing the actual things.

I might sound a bit harsh, but how about you actually try to listening to all the advice we give you, finish a project and than go onto a next one?

And try learning on your own mistakes, have some patience and don't instantly make another HELP topic at the sight of the first small obstacle.

Now about the tractor, a simple suspended live axle like the one from 9398 or 8110 should be bouncy enough for a child IMO. Or you can go with the 42099's combo of both.

Wonderfully put.  Like I have said all along, any back and forth on this topic was never about "folks on EB not being able to handle constructive feedback..... or criticism."  It was how it is given.  Not that it is given. 

This was very well put and to the point.  Nothing less.  Great advice, still direct, not spoon-fed.  But not divisive or demeaning either.  But I hope the OP and others can benefit from it. 

@Zerobricks
Yeah i make a lot of help threads.. Most of the time i need something very specific for a moc. Build it. Figure out that the moc doesn't end up how i wanted it to be and i end up disassembling it.
Rinse and repeat. 90% of the time it's a "i don't have parts for this" issue. Now that i have lots of parts. It's becoming more of a: "i want it to look a certain way and to function a certain way" type of a deal. 

The help threads are just a tip of an iceberg. I've been tinkering with a project for longer and when i get stuck for too long, i make a help thread. If the issue is resolved then i'll continue with the moc. 
If i actually finish the thing, i'll post a moc in my own projects thread. 

I never intended posting the finished moc in the help thread. 
But don't get fooled. I read every single thing on the help thread. I have them bookmarked. 
I do test things that people show me. But in the end it's my call if it looks the way i want it on my moc. 

I've been sending PM's to @efferman a lot and he has been a massive help coming up with specific scaled specific purpose axles. 
God bless hes soul. 

I'm still working on the current SISU project. I haven't given up on it. I copied and modified the axle efferman suggested and now i have a functioning rear axle that's durable and looks good. 
Now i'm going to tackle the front axle next. 

Back on topic:

@howitzer
Any progress on the axle? 

8 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

<snip>

@howitzer
Any progress on the axle? 

Nothing worth showing, I've been too busy the last couple of days to get any real progress done :( But I'll make sure to post photos when there's something to show!