The Vooduist

WIP Kraz 255B with Gearbox (For Fully RC TMM-3 Attachment)

Hey y'all,

First time I'm gonna try to do a WIP page... Been fiddling around with this Kraz 255b MOC by the one and only Ingmar Spijkhoven and figured out what attachment I'll build finally. In short, it's a mini portable bridge (called a TMM-3 or a scissor bridge).

Functions of this add on attachment consist of-

1. Actuator for raising and lowering the bridge
  2. Winch for deploying and retracting the bridge
  3. 2 stabilizers at the end of the truck to... stabilize the truck

Propulsion has been swapped from 2 L motors on the sides to 1 one buggy motor under the hood. Now the replica engine can be put on display. The gearbox I really wanted to try part 35188 to make all the functions AND propulsion run on the one motor. Where I guess we can call the "transfer case" is at is right behind the cab, so here's what the result is for now. It was tricky since the tandem axle left no room for fit it in between the chassis rails. The rear shaft will actually hit the bottom of this when compressed all the way.

Kraz%206x6%20Gearbox%20View%20(2).jpg

Kraz%206x6%20Gearbox%20View%20(3)_2.jpg

It's as compact as could get it with Studio (kinda a LDD fan). It'll probably need to be reinforced even more, but wanna see how it mates with the buggy motor first. Never built a gearbox before and destroyed many other MOC's with gearboxes so don't have high hopes. Note- all of the motorized attachments will be ran with worm gears, so not to concerned with the gear ratios... buggy motor just gonna make everything super fast anyways with a Buwizz.

Where buggy motor is planning to be in the future a bit more securely. Just seeing how a gearbox could be placed and how high it'll be. Part 87408 is now mounted securely below the motor with two 24t gears feeding it above (will get a shot of it soon). Getting the motor to fit underneath the hood was very miserable. Couldn't use a servo anymore since the buggy motor is so low it'll interrupt the travel of the front axle.

IMG_1352.jpg

(yes the fenders are mounted backwards when rebuilt...)

Ordered the parts for the gearbox and will update once they come in. 

Planned order of the build-

1. Gearbox
  2. Wheels
  3. Test drive
  4. Stabilizers 
  5. Building the frame/chassis of the TMM
  6. winch 
  7. Scissor bridge 
  8. Survive the misery

Edited by The Vooduist