LM71Blackbird

[COR - CHIII - CAT B] The Glittering Caverns

The Glittering Caverns

The Carnites keep a tight reign on their plans and discoveries on El Oleonda, however, recently some careless troops let a supposed discovery slip while drinking in a local pub in one of the fledging settlements.

As the story goes, two scouts were on the hunt for a escaped Loti prisoner and got lost in the think jungle.

49782657112_741c5592d8_b.jpgCave 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

In the wandering, they stumbled upon a cave and decided to take refuge for a short time before attempting to regain their bearings.

49782657002_08a92bbd69_b.jpgCave 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

As one solider lit his torch and climbed through the very narrow opening, he was surprised to find that his torch light was greatly magnified by all sorts of gemstone imbedded into the rock! The Carnite soliders had heard rumors of caves like this, but never in their wildest dreams would they have thought to see one in brick!

49782657222_0032e5b322_b.jpgCave 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

All they knew is that their superiors would be most pleased with such a discovery!

--------------------------------------

My entry for category B. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with this entry, but I'm quite pleased with the end result. I'm not fully satisfied with how I ended up attaching the stones as it looks a little wonky, but overall it was a fun little scene to build so I'll give it a pass. C&C are welcome a appreciated!

Nice jungle build. Plenty enough vegetation, cave well built and crystals are many. I would try to photograph them with a light somewhere inside so as to see the effects of the light at those crystals. I believe that would look cool.

My only remarks are the background (I never really liked baseplates posing as background) and the black plates used at the sides, as black detracts imo from the earthly tones of your MOC.

Nice story, I thought of doing something like this, if only my dark grey bricks were available. You did a good job!