Hi.

I would like to make a shout out for this company: http://www.aquabrixel.com/_en/

They have launced a fluid pump compatible with Lego pneumatics. Does anyone have experiences with them?

http://www.aquabrixel.com/img/pump_video3.mp4

I really like the idea as it is something I always have considered trying to make the pneumatic system less jerky. I would however use a thin silicon oil rather than water...

-ED-

There was another post about this stuff some time ago, with a link to an extensive video-review from JangBricks YT-channel. Might be useful for you:

Does anyone know the prices? I've emailed and requested them but not heard back yet...

This would be excellent for power steering... no need to deal with mechanical connections to pendular axles.. and pneumatic steering just doesn't work.

The 10 year old me used to fill Gen 1 pneumatics with water. The old grey one-way valve block (if anyone remembers it?) didn't like it and would stick shut!! 35 years later someone's made a proper version for me!! :roflmao:

I also used the old one way block to pull water into the old pneumatic system.  I even made a firetruck after the 8868 came with a compressor... 

I love the idea of this. And I hope there will be the posibility of a hydraulic motor as well. That would be perfect for heavy machinery where it is hard to include motors, like the rotation of excavator buckets.

-ED-

I love this as well.  I watched the review and all I could think of was someone creating an all Lego (well, minus these pumps) IV machine.  I can see the benefit of a direct drip of caffeine in one's system as they build. Perhaps reviewers can get reviews out faster.  Lego fueled, to build more Lego.  Now all we need are Lego needles....

Reply back...

You could buy the aquabrixel in Amazon or Ebay as below and the price is $55(One box - Two pumps) including delivery cost

I found it on e-bay, and they ship to Norway! :)

I'll have to way for new tax rules to take effect in April, but I will definitively check them out then.

-ED-