darkrebellion

A poll to decide a star wars set for february 2009

Another theory I have is that we're just voting for which set becomes a TRU exclusive, and the other ones will still become sets anyway. Just not a TRU exclusive.

Choice 1: the Arrest of Palpatine= would be an interesting set.

Choice 2: Slave I and Landing Platform= pretty good. I don't have a Slave I yet!!!

Choice 3: Mon Calamari Cruiser= :sick:

Edited by The Rancor

Why have a poll!!

Give us all 3 sets.

Why do we need to choose??

Or get rid of the set that gets less votes... bet it will be the Slave anyway,

and I got myself an armada of those in different models.

Changed my mind again.

Give us 1 and 3... done! Or all 3...

Resolute anxiety On!

-Ras-

why on earth does everybody seem to refer the mon calamari ship to the hoth base? they are two completely different things, mainly one being a ship and the other a base. Yes we could get a b-wing style set yet think about the republic cruiser brought out a short time ago, and that was a toysrus exclusive aswell.

If any of these sets are going to be remotely like the hoth base it would be the emporors office, because the window is probably going to be made as the same size as the door.

Something else that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is that the discription for the slave one set. All this set speaks of is a "platform" inwhich the slave one is landed. This leads me to believe that this is all we would get and building a platform for the new slave one is going to have to take up some space.

The last thing that I metion is the fact that it seems you can vote on this contest as many times as you want, voting for all three if you wish like I did. Seems like an easy way to get the set you wanted but I havnt tried this many times so I dont know if their is a limit.

One thing is for certain is that the one they choose will still be ludicrously expensive for everyone.

Edited by casewindu

I voted on the Cruiser. Here's my figuring.

Arrest of Palpatine: This was a tough decision. Firstly, the minifigs would be awesome, to have so many jedi in one set. I am sure that the Lego Company would have gone all-out to make palpatine really evil-looking. But since i've already made a MOC of this scene, it probably woundn't do much good for me.

Slave 1 and Cloud City Platform: This would be the 4th Slave 1 Lego produced (3 for Boba and 1 for Jango). They have also already produced a Cloud City set (which I own and is one of my favorites). So, basically this would be another round of remakes, which could also lower the value of the clud city i already own.

And the winner is...Mon Calamari Cruiser! I don't have any complaints about this one. The minifigs would be awesome (I always wanted one of those weird guys)! The ship would also be cool to have, and with the republic cruiser set being so good, i don't have any doubts for this one!

why on earth does everybody seem to refer the mon calamari ship to the hoth base? they are two completely different things, mainly one being a ship and the other a base. Yes we could get a b-wing style set yet think about the republic cruiser brought out a short time ago, and that was a toysrus exclusive aswell.

Because on the site, it says it'll be a control room and hanger with an A-wing. Seems more like Hoth base now doesn't it?

And the winner is...Mon Calamari Cruiser! I don't have any complaints about this one. The minifigs would be awesome (I always wanted one of those weird guys)! The ship would also be cool to have, and with the republic cruiser set being so good, i don't have any doubts for this one!

It's not going to be a ship.

Did people read the descriptions?

Of course not. The same people who are saying that the Calamari Cruiser will be a ship are the ones who say the Palpatine Arrest will be a chair and table with minfigs. It's laughable at best.

Because on the site, it says it'll be a control room and hanger with an A-wing. Seems more like Hoth base now doesn't it?

It's not going to be a ship.

Obviously not all people do, or they don't read them right, but...

Of course not. The same people who are saying that the Calamari Cruiser will be a ship are the ones who say the Palpatine Arrest will be a chair and table with minfigs. It's laughable at best.

...that's no reason to get offensive :thumbdown:

As I mentioned before and understand it, the MCC will not be a set like the ISD (minifig scale) but the set will consist of a control room and a hangar scene, the hangar containing another A-Wing.

Friendly poll discussion ON!

This is awesome!! Reading through the 3 choices, it almost seemed to me that #3 Mon Calamari Bridge was the chosen set already. The wording used...like it was a direct read from an advertisement...maybe its just me.

As an aside, I did vote for #3 as of the choices, it was the most original. We've had most of the Jedi mentioned made into minifig form and a Slave 1 set 2x now...

I don't think the MCC would be in the style of the ISD, because the description of what this set would contain appears pretty clear to me in choice III.

It says it will be a command center and a hangar with A-wing.

If it were ISD style it would certainly get my vote over Palpatine's arrest, but it is most probably not.

You mean some re-design of the "B-Wing at Rebel Control Center" but with an A-Wing instead of a B-Wing?! Of course I'd buy it, too :laugh: , since I really want and need General Ackbar and Mon Mothma (would be :wub: minifigs).

But nevertheless it would be too bad about the labour which would have be done to design it :thumbdown: !

Lego doesn't release only the cockpit of the Republic Cruiser but releases the whole vehicle, too, doesn't it :hmpf: ?! So why not wtih the MCC, too, since it even shall be an Exclusivce set :devil: ?!

A MCC in the style of the minifig scaled ISD would be absolutely amazing - but only a hangar and a control room is like a milk bottle without ice box. And what happens to a milk bottle which stands in the sun?! It gets :sick: and you don't want to drink it :sad: !

Then I would prefer choice 2 since I would like to see a new Slave 1!

I know that I'm now getting very unfriendly which is totally mistimed since TLG is asking us for our votes ... but that point makes me really angry since the MCC would be a so perfect set when be done as a whole ship :devil: !

But since there is so much confusion about whether the MCC would be a base or a ship I decided to do this.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Since some of the figs in the Palpatine arrest have already seen release (Mace Windu, Kit Fisto), it would seem the best choice would be #3 because how else would we ever get an Ackbar. Personally I chose #1 though because Palpatine is such an important character and we haven't had the prequel version. It would be the most iconic set.

If they would just box 2 taun tauns, Amidala, Aayla, and Barriss and call it quits, I'd be pretty happy though.

If they would just box 2 taun tauns, Amidala, Aayla, and Barriss and call it quits, I'd be pretty happy though.

:laugh:

Yeah, toss in 20 Clonetroopers in various unit patterns (501st among them of course) and 10 Stormtroopers, call it the Fan-Service Pack and let's just be done with all this nonsense and get down to some really obscure and creative sets...until we discover some other glaring and obvious "oversight" deino2.gif

Personally, I think the set ideas are all pretty terrible.

Arrest of Palpatine: An office scene, sounds pretty silly. The only upshot is the figures (a non-light-up Mace Windu) and the fact that its not yet another remake of sets that have already been over done.

Slave One and Cloud City: Hooray, yet another stupid Slave I. What would this be, the 4th one? And nothing says fun like a landing platform. I can't believe they're considering remaking the landing platform. Another sign that its time to put Lego Star Wars to bed. Jango's Slave I at Kamino would have been a better choice. At least we'd have a shot at a Kaminoan.

Mon Calmari Crusier: Yay, the third iteration of the less than iconic A-Wing. Probably be a rehash of the B-Wing with Rebel Command. I say that, because I can't see how they could make a decent cruiser and still include the A-wing. Though Akbar might be nice, the set would probably be too expensive to justify buying it just for him.

Steve

yes lets wait for pictures before we get snotty and pompous shall we?

Has anyone noticed that you can use the link as many times as you like for multiple votes! :devil:

Yes I noticed and stated it in my comment on the last page.

i really think its sick how they get people to vote then then completely disregard what ever the hell the people want

makes me RAAAAAAAAAAGE :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had to go with number one, although none of them were particularly exciting. The scene description alongside the Palpatine's Arrest image leads me to infer that we might have a swappable-head feature for Palpatine, since the transformation is mentioned in the last line. Since I missed out on the last version of the Emperor, it would be nice to have another chance at the gray-head version.

Slave I option is boring. The last one that came out was good enough...although maybe they will redesign it with a cargo hold instead of that missle.

And, as much as I'd enjoy a Mon Cal minifigure, I think A-wings are super dull.

I...was...under...pressure...so... :sing: I WAS A FOOL :sing: ! I chose number 3, which would be pretty cool anyways. better space battles, especially with the Rebel battlepacks. But I did a second vote and voted for the Chancellors arrest. How much will that be? It has to have 3, no wait, 4, no wait, 5 new figs (Agen Kolar, Saesaee Tinn, Non-light-up-saber Windu, Chancellor, and possibly a redesigned Kit Fisto or Sky walker)!

EDIT: I just thought. Although everyone says there will be no vehicles in the chancellors office, there could be! Think back to Epi III : What did Anakin use to get to the chancellors office? No, he didn't walk. No, Artoo didn't fly him there. No, he didn't use the force. He used an Airspeeder!!!! That means we might get an airspeeder, or possibly a green Jedi fighter!

Edited by cyclone501

Why does every one keep saying a non-luls Mace Windu. There already has been a NON LUL Mace Windu that came with a later release of the Clone Turbo Tank.

Personally I am torn I really want a Saesee Tinn but am more in favor for an Admiral Ackbar.

Why does every one keep saying a non-luls Mace Windu. There already has been a NON LUL Mace Windu that came with a later release of the Clone Turbo Tank.

Personally I am torn I really want a Saesee Tinn but am more in favor for an Admiral Ackbar.

When everyone says they want a non-light up mace windu I think they mean that they want one that is much easier to obtain. By the time the turbo tank was re-issued, everyone already had the tank to begin with. :wink: (At least that was my situation, anyway. :wacko: )

I wish they would have designed the sets first and THAN let us vote. :angry: I have a very hard time making wild speculatuions voting for something that I have no re-assurance for. Our "favored" set could turn out to be the crappiest. With the pessimism aside, only time will tell. :thumbup: