1967 Ford GT40 MK I. The livery of this model was inspired by the number 17 GT40 that finished 2nd in class at the 1967 Sebring 12 Hour race.

49353915857_075826a3e7.jpg

Features

49353282503_0c30b752ab.jpg

Instructions by GeyserBricks are on rebrickable

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-33807/GeyserBricks/ford-gt40-mk-i-1967/#comments

Edited by JamesJT
Formatting again

Beautiful Ford GT, the livery is well done, as is the bodywork shaping. I just wish the red stripe went all the way around the car to complete the look.

@JamesJT Also, your rebrickable link goes to your Flickr page.

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

5 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I just wish the red stripe went all the way around the car to complete the look.

@JamesJT Also, your rebrickable link goes to your Flickr page.

Thank you. The model was build in CAD so I could ask for a few colour changes.

Almost all the text goes to my flickr page for some reason but the rebrickable link works now :thumbup:

Just now, JamesJT said:

Thank you. The model was build in CAD so I could ask for a few colour changes. Almost all the text goes to my flickr page for some reason but the rebrickable link works now :thumbup:

Cool, thanks. :thumbup:

Cool MOC. 

Interesting how the connection from gear lever is made to gearbox?

What I like most - wheel solution with central "nut", for other characteristics members have said all

Congratulations on this fantastic replica! Reminds me of the film "1966 Ford vs. Ferrari" I´ve seen recently, a great movie doing justice to this legendary car. Finishing first and second at Sebring was business as usual for the Ford GT back then :wink:...

Edited by brunojj1

On 1/9/2020 at 7:25 AM, Jurss said:

Interesting how the connection from gear lever is made to gearbox?

You can see the links in the image. The gear selectors slide on gear racks.

49353266878_3ca14222f1.jpgFord GT40 MK1 1967_8 by James Tillson, on Flickr

On 1/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, Thirdwigg said:

I also like how the top panels fit together near the door.

It is strange how 3 different connections came together to make that work. Found this solution by pure luck.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:05 PM, kamsohal said:

Looks amazing.worth building it maybe in bugatti colours.

I used the wheel arches from 42096. They are smaller than bugatti arches and only available in white with prints on.

Very impressive stuff! It is a very clean, good build, and the final model looks like a monster. I always love gearboxes with the stick shift solution like that, and I'll probably do something similar in a MOC of my own one day. I was very impressed when I studied the bottom view and realized just how you managed to make it reset when 2 gears are selected. Keep up the great work!

15 hours ago, ginger-snapped said:

...how you managed to make it reset when 2 gears are selected. Keep up the great work!

The original design didn't allow 2 gears to be select at all but that was when I assumed the gear stick was in the center of the car. Turns out the car was right hand drive with the driver moved towards the center and gear selector on the drivers right. There was no room for the original design but I am using it on my next build.

8 hours ago, JamesJT said:

The original design didn't allow 2 gears to be select at all but that was when I assumed the gear stick was in the center of the car. Turns out the car was right hand drive with the driver moved towards the center and gear selector on the drivers right. There was no room for the original design but I am using it on my next build.

Okay. Very cool. That's quite impressive. I've got an idea of how I would keep 2 gears from being selected at once, but I still need to test it. I like how you kept with the original design for that. Looking forward to your next MOC!