Well the toy fairs have been lame for 3-4+ years now.

But if I were LEGO, and there wasn't a world ending death flu that will kill 98% of humans and make the other 2% vampire zombies, I would reveal the sets in Asia / China being that's where they are supposed to be basing the story on.

Long time lurker but first post, so MOD's if this is inappropriate please delete...

My information shows that 16 sets (Item descriptions are still not fixed but are tagged as from the Leaf theme) are due to be released on the 1st August. Pricing ranges from 3.99 to 99.99 Euro's. Set numbers are 71360 to 71377 (71374 and 71375 are not shown).

13 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Long time lurker but first post, so MOD's if this is inappropriate please delete...

My information shows that 16 sets (Item descriptions are still not fixed but are tagged as from the Leaf theme) are due to be released on the 1st August. Pricing ranges from 3.99 to 99.99 Euro's. Set numbers are 71360 to 71377 (71374 and 71375 are not shown).

Do you happen to know anything about when the theme will be revealed? 

March 4th LEGO is doing a lifestream of the 2019 results. I don't remember them ever doing that. I'm hopeful (based on nothing) that maybe they will tease 2020 sets / Monkey Boy. (Still such a bad name for a theme, it be like calling NinjaGo 'Lloyd'.

4 hours ago, Maple said:

March 4th LEGO is doing a lifestream of the 2019 results

What kind of live stream? It's the first time I hear about that.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

What kind of live stream? It's the first time I hear about that.

What kind? The normal kind. They will be talking about sale numbers and such for 2019. It's at 10am CET.

20 hours ago, Maple said:

March 4th LEGO is doing a lifestream of the 2019 results. I don't remember them ever doing that. I'm hopeful (based on nothing) that maybe they will tease 2020 sets / Monkey Boy. (Still such a bad name for a theme, it be like calling NinjaGo 'Lloyd'.

Is there any sort of ad for this like saying it’s happening then? The link for the live stream just has two kids playing with Lego 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is there any sort of ad for this like saying it’s happening then? The link for the live stream just has two kids playing with Lego 

Article about it here, leads to the same link (which I guess is just a placeholder picture for actual stream)

LEGO Annual Results Press Conference Live Stream - 4 March 2020 10 AM CET

https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/aboutus/news/2020/march/annual-results-live-stream/

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What are you talking about? It's where the live stream of the 2019 data will be released.

4 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

It’s the announcement for the data from all of 2019, I see no reason that LEGO would show a new theme there.

Never said there was, just wishful thinking because whats the point of live streaming 2019 sale numbers? There is none, so maybe they will tease something for this year.

11 hours ago, Maple said:

Never said there was, just wishful thinking because whats the point of live streaming 2019 sale numbers? There is none, so maybe they will tease something for this year.

It's mostly meant for investors, companies have done Quarterly Reports via Conference Calls for a longer time, and now moving more toward Video Presentations.

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

It's mostly meant for investors, companies have done Quarterly Reports via Conference Calls for a longer time, and now moving more toward Video Presentations.

1. LEGO has no investors, it's family owned.
2. LEGO doesn't do quarterly reports because it's family owned.
3. LEGO has released a the annual info they want to release in a 50 page report every year for decades.

So the fact LEGO is doing a video makes me hopeful for something. There is 15 pages of useless, random, garbage here that's based on nothing. So I can join in and be just as hopeful.

But with the virus taking over the planet it wouldn't surprise me if LEGO had to delay things because of production issues.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:21 AM, Maple said:

But with the virus taking over the planet it wouldn't surprise me if LEGO had to delay things because of production issues.

Lego has factories all over the world - Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, Czech and of course China. The Chinese factory was designed to meet the Asian market. So if there’s a delay, there are 2 possibilities:

1. Only the Asian market gets a delay
  2. Delays the entire world so everyone gets the same release date.

Delayed by how long? I have no idea. Look at Dots for example, wasn’t that delayed by entire year?

This is pure speculation by the way.

16 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Lego has factories all over the world - Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, Czech and of course China. The Chinese factory was designed to meet the Asian market. So if there’s a delay, there are 2 possibilities:

1. Only the Asian market gets a delay
  2. Delays the entire world so everyone gets the same release date.

Delayed by how long? I have no idea. Look at Dots for example, wasn’t that delayed by entire year?

This is pure speculation by the way.

The 419~~ DOTS line was originally set for a January 2019 release.

14 hours ago, Azani said:

The 419~~ DOTS line was originally set for a January 2019 release.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Thanks Azani.

The reason the LEGO DOTS theme was delayed is due to the soft rubbery bracelet design originally being flat with a stud to connect to a hole.  It apparently didn't pass the "rigorous use" test and so they took time to re-designed it with the stud for attaching being on a slight cut-out section, so it stays connected better.

4 hours ago, LegoMyMamma said:

The reason the LEGO DOTS theme was delayed is due to the soft rubbery bracelet design originally being flat with a stud to connect to a hole.  It apparently didn't pass the "rigorous use" test and so they took time to re-designed it with the stud for attaching being on a slight cut-out section, so it stays connected better.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thank you very much!

On 2/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, Maple said:

1. LEGO has no investors, it's family owned.
2. LEGO doesn't do quarterly reports because it's family owned.
3. LEGO has released a the annual info they want to release in a 50 page report every year for decades.

As noted, despite the simple fact that the above three statements are accurate, their veracity in and of itself does little to lend your theory much momentum; if anything, TLG is more motivated to release a special annual report in a year where markets are especially strong to allay consumer worries that competitors such as Hasbro and Mattel are in a position to overtake them.

The fifty page report is a pretty antiquated setup, and though TLG has been doing one annually for the past 35 or so years (since the mid-eighties IIRC) 2020 would be a great year to switch that up. In recent years, it's become more and more inconvenient to download this giant PDF and skim it for the data or collated data that you are attempting to reference.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, Maple said:

...So the fact LEGO is doing a video makes me hopeful for something. There is 15 pages of useless, random, garbage here that's based on nothing. So I can join in and be just as hopeful.

But with the virus taking over the planet it wouldn't surprise me if LEGO had to delay things because of production issues.

I would argue that this is an unnecessarily cynical attitude that really downplays the level of engagement present here. :P

The virus is still not too much of a concern in western Europe, eastern Europe, and the states, where TLG continues to both manufacture and sell most of their products, and any statement in video form is probably something that's been in the works for a few months now, so I would be surprised id the virus was the driving force behind the move.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:56 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Thanks Azani.

No trouble at all, man!

It's not too unusual for TLG to send retailers preliminary details on individual kits prior to the decision to ship said kits out to the bona fide retailers themselves, so the DOTS case was not uncannily unusual. With respect to the explanation offered by@LegoMyMamma; yes, that was DOG's imperative concern. The folks at quality management conduct some pretty rigorous tests (especially since the 2007 lime joint fiasco) so there is little room for debate their. :P

On the temporal subject of Monkey Kid; every retailer that I know of is still calling it "Leaf". I would be wary of any rumors that emerge before the middle of the month.

Edited by Azani
Addendum/comments!

Any updates on Monkey Kid? It's been quite a while since any new information about it came out... 

Edited by Lego David