Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just saw the movie as well and besides being genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed it I'm also surprised the LEGO set managed to cover the movie so well. Really the only bad thing about it is Maxwell Lords faceprint (loved him in the film btw). Cheetahs figure is great but she didn't do much for me in the movie, really meh role. Only other sequence I could see as a set is the desert convoy chase but I doubt that'll happen, would be nice to get a better figure of Max though :grin:

So my wife and I were huge fans of the Teen Titans cartoon growing up and finally decided to give the live action show a try since it's on HBO Max. It's okay but now I'm thinking about how badly I want LEGO to do a wave of DC sets that feature Teen Titans. Raven was always my wife's favorite and Beast Boy was always mine. We have the dimensions packs but it sucks we never got a proper minifig Raven and the Beast Boy they released was in a big expensive set from years ago that wasn't worth buying just for a couple figures. Anyway, how awesome would it be to get a wave of sets where each one comes with a different animal piece recolored in green. It's disappointing LEGO hasn't taken more advantage of the Teen Titans' popularity but then again that's a problem with both superhero themes.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

So my wife and I were huge fans of the Teen Titans cartoon growing up and finally decided to give the live action show a try since it's on HBO Max. It's okay but now I'm thinking about how badly I want LEGO to do a wave of DC sets that feature Teen Titans. Raven was always my wife's favorite and Beast Boy was always mine. We have the dimensions packs but it sucks we never got a proper minifig Raven and the Beast Boy they released was in a big expensive set from years ago that wasn't worth buying just for a couple figures. Anyway, how awesome would it be to get a wave of sets where each one comes with a different animal piece recolored in green. It's disappointing LEGO hasn't taken more advantage of the Teen Titans' popularity but then again that's a problem with both superhero themes.

Agreed! I’ve been tracking down the Teen Titans to complete my DC mini figure collection and it’s been expensive. I ended up using the Emo Spooky Girl head from the CMF collection and the Raven body from the Dimensions pack but it still doesn’t seem right. I really wish they’d make some more Teen Titans sets and I’d really like a better looking Deathstroke with a great looking headgear, rather than print on the head. I really hope we get another DC CMF wave. Only time will tell.

I’m also trying decide whether to pull the trigger on Bricklinking the Arkham Batman from the remote control Batmobile set. It’s a fantastic minifigure in subpar set. The minifig itself costs $30! Craziness.

Edited by Moon_Knight

11 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Agreed! I’ve been tracking down the Teen Titans to complete my DC mini figure collection and it’s been expensive. I ended up using the Emo Spooky Girl head from the CMF collection and the Raven body from the Dimensions pack but it still doesn’t seem right. I really wish they’d make some more Teen Titans sets and I’d really like a better looking Deathstroke with a great looking headgear, rather than print on the head. I really hope we get another DC CMF wave. Only time will tell.

I’m also trying decide whether to pull the trigger on Bricklinking the Arkham Batman from the remote control Batmobile set. It’s a fantastic minifigure in subpar set. The minifig itself costs $30! Craziness.

How about Rogul's head from Nexo Knights for Raven?

13 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Have you checked the pieces? I payed about 7€ getting torso, headgear and Legs from different stores a while ago. Wasn´t such a bad deal even with shipping because the stores had other interesting rare parts as well.

Based upon the Holiday Knights ep of B:TAS, my little build - happy new years!

“Well here’s to survival. Hopefully we’ll be doing this again next New Year’s Eve”

Four very simple Rogues Gallery references too!

Outside, the Bat Signal rises above the city 

“Well here’s to survival. Hopefully we’ll be doing this again next New Year’s Eve”

As the Commissioner looks away, Batman fades into the shadows and to where in Gotham he's needed - leaving the change for the coffee behind

@n1majneb not a moderator but I think your post would belong to Licensed Lego Photography thread. Just a suggestion for the love of god do not take this as mini moderating.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, ToaDraco said:

I'm thinking about how badly I want LEGO to do a wave of DC sets that feature Teen Titans. Raven was always my wife's favorite and Beast Boy was always mine. We have the dimensions packs but it sucks we never got a proper minifig Raven and the Beast Boy they released was in a big expensive set from years ago that wasn't worth buying just for a couple figures.

Not trying to harp on this too much considering my biggest sentiment when I first joined the forum was how badly I wanted DC to branch out of Batman sets and I don’t want to sound like a broken record. Regardless I am happy to see other people sharing this thought. Since the start of the century we’ve gotten 2 Teen Titans cartoons, a Young Justice cartoon, a live action Titans series and a few animated movie appearances. Can we get a wave of Teen Titans sets as well? I think they’d sell better than another Batman wave with only 1 new figure that probably won’t have any detailed printing ??‍♂️

Edited by cosmic