Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I can easily see Lego making a set based on that scene in the trailer where Batman is using the Batmobile to hunt down Penguin. One build for the Batmobile and one for Penguin's car and you basically have a set right there that I'm picking up the moment it becomes available.

19 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Tbh, for what its worth, I think a recolour of TLBM's belt would do the job

I'm curious what cowl piece they would use, this version of Batman has a neck piece attached to the mask 

8 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'm curious what cowl piece they would use, this version of Batman has a neck piece attached to the mask 

Maybe something like the Ninjago movie masks: 2 separate molds tailored made to go with each other

What's the film's rating going to be? To me, it looks a bit too dark to spawn LEGO sets :def_shrug: And from what we've seen so far, there's not much going on in terms of interesting character designs, apart from Battinson himself. If I didn't already know beforehand, I wouldn't have guessed that Catwoman, the Riddler and the Penguin were in it (and I certainly wouldn't have recognised Farrell either, the magic of prosthetics I guess :laugh:). Maybe they'll all don something a bit more recognisable later-on in the story. I wasn't expecting a green bowler hat, question mark cane, and purple mask for the Riddler, but still something a bit less generic than what's in the teaser, just my 2 cents though. Jeffrey Wright as Gordon on the other hand looks spot-on :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

What's the film's rating going to be? To me, it looks a bit too dark to spawn LEGO sets :def_shrug: And from what we've seen so far, there's not much going on in terms of interesting character designs, apart from Battinson himself. If I didn't already know beforehand, I wouldn't have guessed that Catwoman, the Riddler and the Penguin were in it (and I certainly wouldn't have recognised Farrell either, the magic of prosthetics I guess :laugh:). Maybe they'll all don something a bit more recognisable later-on in the story. I wasn't expecting a green bowler hat, question mark cane, and purple mask for the Riddler, but still something a bit less generic than what's in the teaser, just my 2 cents though. Jeffrey Wright as Gordon on the other hand looks spot-on :thumbup:

PG-13. Bare in mind, LEGO has made sets based off the Simpsons and Stranger Things. Both of those are not only dark at times but talk about controversial issues 

LEGO 77906 Wonder Woman available for pre-order now in the United States!

And let's be honest here, it's Batman. Lego isn't going to pass up the chance to make more Batman sets, especially with all the hype this movie is currently getting with it being the most talked about thing to come out of DC FanDome. Lego has made sets on a bunch of adult oriented content in recent years, so this shouldn't be an issue for them in the slightest.

Reeves also brought up yesterday that all the main characters and villains are still in their formative years, so they've just recently started out like Batman has since he's only in his second year during the movie, and they'll grow into who they're meant to be as the story progresses throughout the movies. And I'm pretty sure the Riddler in this version is modeled after the Zodiac Killer, right down to his costume.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

30 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

LEGO 77906 Wonder Woman available for pre-order now in the United States!

We know, might want to check previous posts before posting old news :tongue:

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And I'm pretty sure the Riddler in this version is modeled after the Zodiac Killer, right down to his costume.

I got the feeling they are going for a Hush/Riddler thing

Which is weird, considering they just did that in the animated movie Hush

Edited by Robert8

Remember that these costumes are just prototypes - Selina is not yet Catwoman, she's just getting started. Edward also just begins to transform into The Riddler (these are his first crimes). Oz is also starting to become a criminal kingpin (in fact, he doesn't even like being called The Penguin right now).

I think that we will definitely get "final" costumes for both Catwoman and The Riddler.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

PG-13.

Good to know :thumbup:

Don’t get me wrong, I‘m not disliking what we‘ve got so far, but I doubt most of these designs will translate into interesting minifigs (unless their full transformation already occurs in the first film; this is supposed to be a trilogy after all).

And the Riddler really does look like Hush as @Robert8 points out. I didn‘t even know they’ve merged these characters before :laugh:

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Remember that these costumes are just prototypes - Selina is not yet Catwoman, she's just getting started. Edward also just begins to transform into The Riddler (these are his first crimes). Oz is also starting to become a criminal kingpin (in fact, he doesn't even like being called The Penguin right now).

I think that we will definitely get "final" costumes for both Catwoman and The Riddler.

I can definitely see Jeffrey Wright's Gordon becoming a fig, as for villains I think Riddler is a safe bet too. I'm not too sure about Catwoman and Oswald because who knows the role they'll play in the movie. I'd love a set based on the new batcave as I see a lot of potential there 

7 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I can definitely see Jeffrey Wright's Gordon becoming a fig, as for villains I think Riddler is a safe bet too. I'm not too sure about Catwoman and Oswald because who knows the role they'll play in the movie. I'd love a set based on the new batcave as I see a lot of potential there 

Depends on how many sets we get. If we get just one, chances of Catwoman and Penguin could be pretty low, but if we get more than one set - then they are definitely coming.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Depends on how many sets we get. If we get just one, chances of Catwoman and Penguin could be pretty low, but if we get more than one set - then they are definitely coming.

I'd love a change of pace for batman sets, like actual playset builds lol. What hairpiece do you think would work well for Bruce?

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd love a change of pace for batman sets, like actual playset builds lol. What hairpiece do you think would work well for Bruce?

Flitwick

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Larry the Barista's

On 8/23/2020 at 4:29 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

100% and definitely sets not just set

I really hope we get that Bat-Mobile minifigure scale as it is one of the best yet joint with 1989.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I really hope we get that Bat-Mobile minifigure scale as it is one of the best yet joint with 1989.

That's something i always want for. I don't mind if they out the batmobile in a large set with villains and other villains' vehicles.

I apologize for asking again, but does anyone know how long 77906 Wonder Woman will be available from LEGO.com? 

I think The Batman looks dark but it doesn't look any darker than The Dark Knight Rises or Batman v Superman (specifically the Batman warehouse scene). If we've gotten sets for the previous Batman movies, then I don't see why we wouldn't get at least a batmobile for the Battinson movie.

If we do get the batmobile I'm going to be excited to do some modding to make it look closer to the actual design (removing the stud shooters and adding a black piece here and there). Just got done modding the Batfleck batmobile and I had a blast doing it. Lot's of black pieces ordering from Bricklink!

Edited by Moon_Knight

48 minutes ago, Canman said:

I apologize for asking again, but does anyone know how long 77906 Wonder Woman will be available from LEGO.com? 

While stocks last. If you really want it you should get your order in.

38 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think The Batman looks dark but it doesn't look any darker than The Dark Knight Rises or Batman v Superman (specifically the Batman warehouse) scene. If we've gotten sets for the previous Batman movies, then I don't see why we wouldn't get at least a batmobile for the Battinson movie.

Depends on if the movie's rated PG-13 or R (which I'm 99% sure is going to be PG-13). No matter how dark the movie is, as long as it's PG-13 we should see Lego sets based on it.

11 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Depends on if the movie's rated PG-13 or R (which I'm 99% sure is going to be PG-13). No matter how dark the movie is, as long as it's PG-13 we should see Lego sets based on it.

For sure. I couldn't agree more and I'm sure it's going to be PG-13, too.

Looks like Lego isn't quite done with the Burton Batman movies just yet if this turns out to be legit. I'd love if we'd get a minifigure scale version like we did with the GWP Batmobile from last year, even though the Batwing from last year's Riddler Heist set was practically that.