Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I also still have good vibes about Lego releasing a 4th Batman set this year, only because it's been done before! I would however like it to be a playset with a bat vehicle!

If there were more Batman sets we would've heard some rumors by now so I wouldn't count on it

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Personally I hope the next DC D2C is a playlet.  Maybe a new Arkham Asylum or a proper Wayne Manor would be good.  Even a Justice League HQ, but that's long shot.  Any idea of when the next DC D2C is expected? 

Well, We had Arkham in 2013, Tumblr in 2014, '66 Batcave in 2016, Joker Manor in 2017, and the '89 Batmobile in 2019. So, we'll either get one next year, or a secretly planned one this year (yeah, yeah, but who knows).

I'd want a new Arkham too, or a Hall of Justice. I think Arkham is more likely/warranted, as we need a bigger one with more cells, given we have more Bat-Villains since 2013.

13 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

DC D2C will be next year probably. One year it’s Marvel, next year it’s DC.

Pretty sure Marvel isn't getting a D2C this year 

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

DC D2C will be next year probably. One year it’s Marvel, next year it’s DC.

Marvel's only had 2 D2Cs, 2015's helicarrier and 2018's hulkbuster. They were the off years for DC, but DC gets twice as many as marvel. :hmpf_bad:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty sure Marvel isn't getting a D2C this year 

Strange.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Marvel's only had 2 D2Cs, 2015's helicarrier and 2018's hulkbuster. They were the off years for DC, but DC gets twice as many as marvel. :hmpf_bad:

I feel for the Marvel fans. Although Marvel does get many more sets than DC, I guess you’ve just got to weigh each side of the argument.

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Well, We had Arkham in 2013, Tumblr in 2014, '66 Batcave in 2016, Joker Manor in 2017, and the '89 Batmobile in 2019. So, we'll either get one next year, or a secretly planned one this year (yeah, yeah, but who knows).

I'd want a new Arkham too, or a Hall of Justice. I think Arkham is more likely/warranted, as we need a bigger one with more cells, given we have more Bat-Villains since 2013.

I only own one Arkham and that's the 2013 one but I think I prefer the 2006/2007 one as it had more cells which is kind of what Arkham is all about.:laugh:

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

We just got one in 2017 tho, and it was a great set. I'd much rather get a GCPD police station. 

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We just got one in 2017 tho, and it was a great set. I'd much rather get a GCPD police station. 

But we already got a good 4+ one last year, avengers compound battle. :rofl:

A police station could work, but I don't think it's nearly as iconic as something like Arkham.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we really need another Arkham though?

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To me, they have done good, but still could do better. A proper Arkham would need to be around $300-$400 to be truly definitive. With cells for all Bat-Villains current and future. A GCPD station would be nice, but as a $100 set, not a full D2C. There's not much to do with the GCPD, especially figure-wise, aside from Gordon, Montoya, Bullock and Cash. I would like them to sprinkle more officers in sets, though, but a dedicated station isn't needed.

A definitive Arkham would be along the lines of 2013, but with a larger profile and more cells and special areas. Maybe a couple of extra buildings, like a medical wing and a cafeteria. A usual cellblock or two, with about 12 or so cells, and then the environment cells (Ivy, Freeze, Croc, Clayface), and a maximum security cell (Joker). Guard tower, and a processing center. Figures I would like are Batman (of course), Robin, Orphan, 2x Arkham Guards (SWAT outfits), Poison Ivy, Hush, Clayface (Big-Fig), Joker (of course), Scarecrow, Maxie Zeus, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist (with Scarface baby-fig), and Firefly.

Plot of the set could be that Firefly is attempting to break out the villains, and Batman and Co. must stop him. The cells could have hidden escape features and whatnot. A perfect Arkham for any Bat-Fan.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

I doubt we'll get a GCPD station, but another Arkham wouldn't surprise me. It and the Batcave are two sets that get renewed pretty often, and it's been three years since our last proper Arkham (eight since our last DCSH one). 

I'm hoping we get a Bat Raptor soon (it's from the Batman Who Laughs comic, and Mcfarlane made one).

Just now, GeneralNumberOne said:

I'm hoping we get a Bat Raptor soon (it's from the Batman Who Laughs comic, and Mcfarlane made one).

Before looking it up I seriously thought it was a Raptor-shaped Batmech, which wouldn't surprise me one bit given LEGO's trackrecord of Batman vehicles

I feel like we'll never really get a *proper* Arkham that features every major section unless it's something like the D2C Hogwarts set where it's microfigure scaled in order to get all the important details. For me, the D2C 2013 version remains the definitive minifigure scale Arkham Asylum. I still have it built to this day and it still holds up immensely, it's like the 2009 video game recreated perfectly in brick form.

The intricate details like the brick-built gargoyles, using slope pieces to represent a broken window, a stained glass window design, and the way the entire thing looks so imposing as one big structure instead of being broken up into sections like the 2006 Arkham, it really can't be beat. The 2017 Arkham may have a lot more stuff packed into it like a cafeteria, a visiting room, and way more cells to put the villains in, but it just doesn't do the same for me aesthetically unlike the beautiful gothic architecture design of the 2013 Asylum.

44 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

To me, they have done good, but still could do better. A proper Arkham would need to be around $300-$400 to be truly definitive. With cells for all Bat-Villains current and future. A GCPD station would be nice, but as a $100 set, not a full D2C. There's not much to do with the GCPD, especially figure-wise, aside from Gordon, Montoya, Bullock and Cash. I would like them to sprinkle more officers in sets, though, but a dedicated station isn't needed.

A definitive Arkham would be along the lines of 2013, but with a larger profile and more cells and special areas. Maybe a couple of extra buildings, like a medical wing and a cafeteria. A usual cellblock or two, with about 12 or so cells, and then the environment cells (Ivy, Freeze, Croc, Clayface), and a maximum security cell (Joker). Guard tower, and a processing center. Figures I would like are Batman (of course), Robin, Orphan, 2x Arkham Guards (SWAT outfits), Poison Ivy, Hush, Clayface (Big-Fig), Joker (of course), Scarecrow, Maxie Zeus, Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist (with Scarface baby-fig), and Firefly.

Plot of the set could be that Firefly is attempting to break out the villains, and Batman and Co. must stop him. The cells could have hidden escape features and whatnot. A perfect Arkham for any Bat-Fan.

It could work as a set called "Attack on GCPD". It would include the station with iconic police force that you mentioned, Batman, his ally(ies) and a few iconic villains, but this time fresh ones, like Black Mask and Mad Hatter. It could really work as a set.

44 minutes ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

and of course it's from dimensions :laugh:.

If anyone truly despairs at the prospect of a batman dinosaur mech-less existence, light modifications to the venom dinosaur from the upcoming marvel set would work.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It could work as a set called "Attack on GCPD". It would include the station with iconic police force that you mentioned, Batman, his ally(ies) and a few iconic villains, but this time fresh ones, like Black Mask and Mad Hatter. It could really work as a set.

But the GCPD police station itself isn't very iconic, which is the problem. I had to look it up, it really seems to be just a normal-looking building.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

But the GCPD police station itself isn't very iconic, which is the problem. I had to look it up, it really seems to be just a normal-looking building.

This is what I don't get. Everyone complained that Avengers Compound was a city police station, but they also want a DC police station

6 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

This is what I don't get. Everyone complained that Avengers Compound was a city police station, but they also want a DC police station

GCPD looks like a real building, unlike the avengers compound battle set, and I assume people hope it wouldn't be 4+.  :laugh: However, I still think a GCPD D2C wouldn't make a good set.

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Because it looks nothing like Avengers Compound, the build feels like a 4+ set, it has a garage exactly like the police ones, and has two small vehicles that you could easily slap police logo on and nobody would even notice.

If done properly, a GCPD station could work really work. It just has to be a good build.

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and of course it's from dimensions :laugh:.

If anyone truly despairs at the prospect of a batman dinosaur mech-less existence, light modifications to the venom dinosaur from the upcoming marvel set would work.

I think it would work really well with like Firefly and Mr. Freeze attack thing, you know, some fire and ice play features with some iconic minifigures could make a great set. I don't mean a D2C, but a $100 set instead of another Batcave.

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

We need a Daily Planet before the GCPD station. That could work great as a $50 or so playset.

Kind of like the Daily Bugle we got for Marvel. Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Metallo would be a nice lineup.

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, we were discussing D2Cs, so while I agree the GCPD would be nice, it's not a great contender for a D2C set. A new Arkham, Hall of Justice, or even a Watchtower would be amazing. Personally, I hope we get more villain lairs and such, like the Legion HQ (Vader helmet and all :grin:).

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Kind of like the Daily Bugle we got for Marvel. Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Metallo would be a nice lineup.

Well, we were discussing D2Cs, so while I agree the GCPD would be nice, it's not a great contender for a D2C set. A new Arkham, Hall of Justice, or even a Watchtower would be amazing. Personally, I hope we get more villain lairs and such, like the Legion HQ (Vader helmet and all :grin:).

...meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom! I feel some brainstorming coming on.