Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Are you saying we are going to get a DA reveal this week as well as the Piano?

Not sure if it’s DA, CMF, or the Advent Calendar, but it sure sounds like @Falconfan1414 is suggesting some HP press release at Comic Con!! :sweet:

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Not sure if it’s DA, CMF, or the Advent Calendar, but it sure sounds like @Falconfan1414 is suggesting some HP press release at Comic Con!! :sweet:

It does sound like he's suggesting something, but I wasn't necessarily expecting anything from Comic Con because HP is not comic related, nor is there currently a related film being released. But if there was a con that could feature HP then San Diego would be the one I suppose considering that it has increasingly featured more mainstream entertainment.

19 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I’m looking forward to the AC as much as the next guy, but it sure as megablocks isn’t worthy of a SDCC reveal :tongue: It’s barely an appetizer compared to the other two

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It does sound like he's suggesting something, but I wasn't necessarily expecting anything from Comic Con because HP is not comic related, nor is there currently a related film being released. But if there was a con that could feature HP then San Diego would be the one I suppose considering that it has increasingly featured more mainstream entertainment.

I could see that DA D2C is something that can very well get revealed at SDCC, something like the piano on the other hand; not a chance.
So are there any Marvel, DC or maybe SW in the pipeline they can reveal instead of HP? If not HP could definitely be first in line :excited:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I could see that DA D2C is something that can very well get revealed at SDCC, something like the piano on the other hand; not a chance.
So are there any Marvel, DC or maybe SW in the pipeline they can reveal instead of HP? If not HP could definitely be first in line :excited:

Well they could theoretically reveal the rumoured Mos Eisley Cantina D2C.

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They usually reveal sets from the following year at SDCC, with a few exceptions here and there (the Hobbit sets in 2012, 2013 and 2014, the Spider-man set in 2018 or the Avengers set last year). I think some Jan 2021 / Dec 2020 sets are still more likely than a D2C, but you never know. It's 2020 after all, nothing has to make sense anymore :drunk:

I didn't take @Falconfan1414 post as something HP related will be at SDCC. I think it was more in response to the people saying something is wrong if CMF or DA aren't announced by this week. 

I expect DA to be next monday's reveal in all honesty. If not then sometime right after. I'm totally ok because the piano Idea set is my second most hyped set!

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m looking forward to the AC as much as the next guy, but it sure as megablocks isn’t worthy of a SDCC reveal :tongue: It’s barely an appetizer compared to the other two

I don’t think anyone thinks the advent calendar needs a Comic-Con level announcement, but the Star Wars one had full official images released weeks ago when it was uploaded on shop@home, so it’s logical to assume that the other three advent calendars could show up on the website any day now. 

I also think that there’s little chance the Ideas piano set will be the only set announced during SDCC week. That’s not to say the announcements will necessarily be Harry Potter related, but I can definitely see the full announcement for the piano coming out tomorrow after today’s teaser, and more ComicCon appropriate sets being announced Wednesday-Friday. I could definitely see us getting the CMF announced next Monday and the D2C announcement on Friday. 

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Would people in the US be willing to buy and split boxes of CMFs? I'm not interested in a full box but I want all 16 unique figs without having to go in store and feel them :laugh:.

I plan on buying a box and I would be happy to sell you a full set of figs ?

9 minutes ago, diagonalley said:

I plan on buying a box and I would be happy to sell you a full set of figs ?

How many sets are usually in each box?  If there are at least 3, I would also be interested in purchasing a full set from you.  

But I’ll PM you.  :classic:

Ok I’ll phrase it like this. Is a piano a big enough set to get people to come to legos booth at SDCC? At least to me it’s not. The Piano is know to be coming in August so LEGO has to reveal it at some point soon. So why not reveal it before SDCC and not take up one of those reveals? Lego usually reveals the products before hand in order to get people in their booth at SDCC. But for at home SDCC they cant really reveal stuff before hand or people won’t come into the online booth. Then you also look at the date the hogwarts castle was announced. It was announced on like July 25th 2018. So comic con at home falls around those dates. Then you also look at the ask a question thing for Harry Potter designers. To me that screams a q and a panel which leads into a reveal of diagon alley and maybe cmf too. Which is a huge set that would get people into the booth 

Edited by Falconfan1414

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok I’ll phrase it like this. Is a piano a big enough set to get people to come to legos booth at SDCC? At least to me it’s not. The Piano is know to be coming in August so LEGO has to reveal it at some point soon. So why not reveal it before SDCC and not take up one of those reveals? Lego usually reveals the products before hand in order to get people in their booth at SDCC. But for at home SDCC they cant really reveal stuff before hand or people won’t come into the online booth. Then you also look at the date the hogwarts castle was announced. It was announced on like July 25th 2018. So comic con at home falls around those dates. Then you also look at the ask a question thing for Harry Potter designers. To me that screams a q and a panel which leads into a reveal of diagon alley and maybe cmf too. Which is a huge set that would get people into the booth 

Dude you’re getting me hyped af! Sorry you have to deal with our terrible takes lol we’re just spitting out every scenario we can think of

@Falconfan1414: That sounds very plausible, now I really hope everything plays out exactly like that :excited: And even if it didn’t, we wouldn’t have to wait all that long anyway, so a win-win in my book :thumbup:

On 7/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, Lego-Freak said:

That would be amazing! Does F&B sell it in-universe? I thought it was only available at the other book store in DA, but luckily that probably wouldn’t stop them from including it anyway :laugh: The FB book is definitely at the top of my accessory wishlist for DA

Edit: Never mind, the other “store” is the book’s publisher, just looked it up :purrr: So if F&B is included in the set, the FB book is quite likely to be featured as well

Yeah I'm hoping so! Plus it would be a cool accessory for Newt and Co. 

Eagerly anticipating the reveal of DA. Hoping to integrate it with the other modular buildings. 

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Not sure if it was on here or somewhere else. But I thought LEGO wasn't going to be participating in the online SDCC. Am I the only one that read that (could be mistaken)?

Found it: https://www.thebrickfan.com/no-lego-panels-at-san-diego-comic-con-2020-home/

LEGO’s not holding any panels but they do have an online booth that I think you can access on the SDCC website

20 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

LEGO’s not holding any panels but they do have an online booth that I think you can access on the SDCC website

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the clarification. :-)

The way I think it could be done is a new panel of sorts every day so that way people will come back to legos booth every day 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Eagerly anticipating the reveal of DA. Hoping to integrate it with the other modular buildings.

That's what I'm planning as well! So the integration of the Leaky Cauldron could really be a thing for that purpose to have an entrance to the Wizarding World in the midst of classic Lego buildings. But I don't have the space for displaying it properly. So does anyone here has a spare three-roomed flat? Incidentally? ?

50 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

That's what I'm planning as well! So the integration of the Leaky Cauldron could really be a thing for that purpose to have an entrance to the Wizarding World in the midst of classic Lego buildings. But I don't have the space for displaying it properly. So does anyone here has a spare three-roomed flat? Incidentally? ?

Oh wait that would be awesome! Would much rather have Leaky Cauldron with the brick wall than, say, B&B.

This is going to be such a fun set to build. I remember watching Justin's Hogwarts Behind the Scenes, and he specified how he wanted the building process to be similar to Harry's journey in Hogwarts. I can imagine they will do something similar with DA, starting inside the Leaky Cauldron and slowly building the alley based on Harry's first trip there.

57 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

While I think this set will be absolutely fantastic, I wouldn't hold my breath for a Modular-scale Leaky Cauldron.  If all the buildings were Modular-sized, we would only get two or three for the price point.  On the contrary, I'm expecting between five and six "smaller" buildings (plus perhaps a few narrow facades like the ice cream parlor).

I actually really want The Leaky Cauldron to be included in this set. Even if it’s just a small facade, I want it to be present to some capacity and include the brick wall entrance to DA

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I agree. It is so recognisable and it would be cool to get a moving brick wall and tom the barman

On 7/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, Tariq j said:

Definitely! I'm hoping as well we might get a Fantastic Beasts Book piece (like the Moby Brick one in the Bookshop) in the DA. 

Oh, that would be, dare I say, fantastic. We are getting the Potions book from Year 6. Tales of Beetle the Bard would be another fun one to get. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:36 AM, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is there still no news regarding the US release of the summer sets?

There’s some. B&N has a preorder for Hedwig, and only that set, with a release date of Sept. 1st. Whether that extends to the rest of line, only time will tell. 

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

While I think this set will be absolutely fantastic, I wouldn't hold my breath for a Modular-scale Leaky Cauldron

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be in modular building's size but there is at least the chance to personally modify it ?