Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think we’re likely to see something HP-related next week, but I don’t want to get my hopes up too high. I’d like to at least see the AC fully revealed to tide us over until the D2C and CMF. I’m surprised that this week is the piano, as I had almost forgotten it was coming! I’m super excited to see that so not too disappointed that it’s not Diagon Alley. 

@Robert8 is right, the CMF series should be revealed next week, otherwise something‘d be off. DA will probably still take a while, the Q&A teaser got us all a bit overexcited I‘m afraid :purrr: However, the VIP-exclusivity of it gives me confidence there might be an early release for VIPs, which would also mean an earlier reveal. The Brickheadz and the AC on the other hand could be revealed any day without fanfare.

is it possible that a Hagrid could be in the cmf? I was thinking about how the one with the vest from POA should have been in the hut, but maybe its in the cmf? Possible with a new Fang!!

Honestly the reveal of either the AC or CMF would be enough to keep me satisfied for a while :p

Hey new user here! Been following this thread for a few weeks. So excited for DA I can't take it! 

What does AC stand for? 

And if it IS comic con this week, isn't it possible they WOULD or COULD announce more than one D2C? 

3 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

What does AC stand for? 

AC= Advent Calendar

37 minutes ago, Surge said:

is it possible that a Hagrid could be in the cmf? I was thinking about how the one with the vest from POA should have been in the hut, but maybe its in the cmf? Possible with a new Fang!!

Hagrid and a well scaled Fang would have to be the easiest to feel bag yet for a CMF. I'd really like that though, we need an official Fang at some point.

38 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

And if it IS comic con this week, isn't it possible they WOULD or COULD announce more than one D2C? 

Welcome to Eurobricks! 
Honestly, this year‘s SDCC is anything but ordinary. We have no idea what to expect from it, but they have to announce something, otherwise it‘d make no sense for them to attend :shrug_oh_well: 

Usually, most of the SDCC stuff would‘ve been revealed weeks before the event even started, but there hasn‘t been anything yet and I doubt it‘s going to be the recently teased Grand Piano. My guess is one 2021 set each for Star Wars, Marvel and DC :classic:

A HP-related reveal is not impossible, but unlikely since LEGO HP didn‘t have a presence there in the last two years so I don‘t see why that should change all of the sudden

Edited by Lego-Freak

So where are people going to be buying Collectible Minifigures during a pandemic?  I realize that most countries are not as screwed up as the United States, but...

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

So where are people going to be buying Collectible Minifigures during a pandemic?  I realize that most countries are not as screwed up as the United States, but...

Really don't know tbh. I'm shielding so my usual route of feeling the packets in my local Sainsburys is not going to happen. But I also don't want to buy a whole set online because that just takes the fun out of it. I'm going to have to see what the situation's like close to the time and decide what I'm going to do.

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Unlike most people I’m not interested in the whole “mystery figure” side of CMFs, so I’ll just be buying the full set off eBay like I did with series 1 ☺️

17 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I’ll buy an entire box as I always do :moar:@BacktoBricks is right, it’s not as fun or thrilling as buying packs in the wild, but 1) I collect the boxes too 2) I like having non-touched bags (especially now) and 3) the assurance of having all of the minifigs at least one or twice is boring yet relieving  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Looks like a list of retiring soon sets has been published:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-sets-retiring-in-2020/

Crikey that’s quite a few. I think it was @Crookshanks who was often concerned about this?

Isn’t that the same list stonewars recently reported on?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I’ll buy an entire box as I always do :moar:@BacktoBricks is right, it’s not as fun or thrilling as buying packs in the wild, but 1) I collect the boxes too 2) I like having non-touched bags (especially now) and 3) the assurance of having all of the minifigs at least one or twice is boring yet relieving  :laugh:

I might buy a whole box for the first time, but I really can't afford all the extras and don't want the hassle of selling them on. Am I right in thinking that Lego has offered full boxes of CMFs for sale on the Lego website for the last three or so CMF?

Would people in the US be willing to buy and split boxes of CMFs? I'm not interested in a full box but I want all 16 unique figs without having to go in store and feel them :laugh:.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Would people in the US be willing to buy and split boxes of CMFs? I'm not interested in a full box but I want all 16 unique figs without having to go in store and feel them :laugh:.

Is it more expensive for you guys to buy them as a set as opposed to full boxes? I’ve never looked at getting a full box because I thought it’d be stupidly expensive, but I’m also not sure if it’s different between those in the US, those in mainland Europe and us in the UK

32 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Really unsure now to be honest. Last I checked my local Lego store wasn’t even letting customers grab boxes off the shelves for themself, so I doubt my usual feel method will be allowed. I’m probably going to wait until closer to the release to decide between buying a full set off eBay or buying a whole box from Lego and selling the extras. 

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Is it more expensive for you guys to buy them as a set as opposed to full boxes? I’ve never looked at getting a full box because I thought it’d be stupidly expensive, but I’m also not sure if it’s different between those in the US, those in mainland Europe and us in the UK

I'm not sure as I've never done it before, but presumably buying a full box is the same price if not cheaper than the standard $4/minifigure. If that's the case, if someone buys a box and only wants one of each, I'd be willing to take the second set of 16 off their hands. Or I could buy a box and ship the set of 16 to someone else.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

People love to jump to extremes here when it comes to reveals or information. I wouldn’t worry yet 

Are you saying we are going to get a DA reveal this week as well as the Piano?

43 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'll get a full box from Minifigure Madness. I want a full set and a bunch of extra's for the accessories and prints in general so I'll just sell of the ones I don't need multiples of.

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that the same list stonewars recently reported on?

It is, @sammy_zammy must've missed that discussion

The Advent Calendar really isn't a secret, at least the single (small) picture is publicly available via LEGO's own digital catalogs.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

The Advent Calendar really isn't a secret, at least the single (small) picture is publicly available via LEGO's own digital catalogs.

No, but some of the contents is.

After all, as much as we'd like to, we can't trust legofan_33's info that we are going to get both Patil twins and Viktor Krum in the AC.

4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

My bad, I hadn’t missed it but thought it was official this time.

Nope, Brickfanatics even credited Stonewars in the article :wink: