Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Lol like I said, it’s all just “someone disagrees with me, so it’s hateful and harmful”. People are hilarious 

Denying others basic human rights is not just a matter of "disagreeing", y'know :tongue: If that's hilarious to you, that says a lot about you tbh

I think we should go back to topic though before the mods have to step in again

14 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Shifting the conversation back to LEGO, has anyone else submitted a question to the VIP-only thing? 

I decided to ask if they approach the ‘remakes’ (I.e. the sets that were also done during the first theme run) any differently than the sets that cover entirely new subject matter. Kinda lame I know, but at least it’s fairly specific to this theme :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Denying others basic human rights is not just a matter of "disagreeing", y'know :tongue: If that's hilarious to you, that says a lot about you tbh

I think we should go back to topic though before the mods have to step in again

See? There you go. I disagree with you so now you know everything you need to know about me. I do agree that we should go back to topic but thank you for proving my point

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

17 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Lol like I said, it’s all just “someone disagrees with me, so it’s hateful and harmful”. People are hilarious 

Can you please stop? Human rights are not an issue that you get to disagree on. Trans lives matter. JK Rowling’s statements about trans women are harmful.

But do I agree with cancel culture? Absolutely not. I can look past the person and appreciate the world she and the filmmakers created - which was diverse and inclusive and served as a magical escape for me as a little kid growing up gay. No one can ever tell me to stop loving the Wizarding World and no one can convince me to stop buying Harry Potter LEGO or other merch as some form of protest.

Can we please get back to LEGO now? We have so much exciting news to discuss! I think I may still try to slip in my sneaky question about what the designers’ dream sets to design for Harry Potter would be...:laugh:

Edited by sebastian666

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I think I may still try to slip in my sneaky question about what the designers’ dream sets to design for Harry Potter would be...:laugh:

You can try it, but don't expect that question to be picked :tongue: Or maybe they will simply select dream sets that have no chances of ever becoming real, like the Death Eaters' destruction of the Millennium Bridge or something equally ludicrous, just to troll you :laugh_hard:

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Can we please get back to LEGO now? We have so much exciting news to discuss? I think I may still try to slip in my sneaky question about what the designers’ dream sets to design for Harry Potter would be...:laugh:

It’s worth a shot. Who knows, maybe they have something that’s physically or monetarily impossible to do (like an inflatable Aunt Marge or a minifigure scale Azkaban prison) that they wish they could create in LEGO but will definitely never be made so telling us about it won’t spill any secrets. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You can try it, but don't expect that question to be picked :tongue: Or maybe they will simply select dream sets that have no chances of ever becoming real, like the Death Eaters' destruction of the Millennium Bridge or something equally ludicrous, just to troll you :laugh_hard:

:laugh_hard: Haha I will definitely deserve it if they troll me, but it’s worth a shot! And I would love a Death Eaters’ Destruction of the Millenium Bridge set! Can you imagine it? It would go great with the Big Ben set! I wonder if anyone has made a MOC of it yet... Hmm... :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

a minifigure scale Azkaban prison 

I would love this set too! How have I never thought of these??

I haven't managed to think of a question frankly. I guess I'd be curious how many more sets they see connecting to the hogwarts system scale sets but I doubt they have a concrete answer even internally.

13 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I would love this set too! How have I never thought of these??

The thing about Azkaban, especially a large scale one, is that it’s shown in such a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it scene that it really isn’t too marketable (I don’t think there are any models of it on the market right now despite companies like Bradford Exchange and Hallmark recreating any building they can get the rights to), but I really want to see how the Lego designers would handle that crazy movie version of Azkaban that’s basically a giant hollow triangular column. I can just imagine all the fun and devilish building techniques that would go into getting the shape right. 

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I’d be curious to know what their dream Harry Potter sets to design would be. I imagine we will get some really interesting answers - ranging from Hagrid’s Motorbike to Grimmauld Place to Hogsmeade Village - that might indicate what future releases are in store.

I would expect that every single one of them would say their dream HP set is the UCS Dobby's Sock.

Just now, autolycus said:

I would expect that every single one of them would say their dream HP set is the UCS Dobby's Sock.

Nah, at least one of them has to dream about UCS Lucius Malfoy’s Cane

I feel like Azkaban is kinda a boring looking building for Lego. Isn't it just a large triangular tower?

Man, I'm still stumped on what to ask them. It's hard because everything I really want to know won't be answered through this VIP Q&A lol

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Does anyone else keep checking IG like anything is going to happen today? I know it won’t but somehow I keep ending up there

Always :wink:

19 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The thing about Azkaban, especially a large scale one, is that it’s shown in such a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it scene that it really isn’t too marketable (I don’t think there are any models of it on the market right now despite companies like Bradford Exchange and Hallmark recreating any building they can get the rights to), but I really want to see how the Lego designers would handle that crazy movie version of Azkaban that’s basically a giant hollow triangular column. I can just imagine all the fun and devilish building techniques that would go into getting the shape right. 

I doubt it will ever get made, but if it did... I imagine it could be done along the same lines as the D2C Tower of Orthanc. I agree with you - I bet there would be some really clever building techniques involved to get the shape of the hollow triangular tower just right. And look at all the amazing minifigs it could include (along with a swarm of Dementors):

azkaban_final_flat_72dpi_copy_v3.jpg?w=4

Ok, I ended up asking something I truly want to know, especially for someone who is intimidated on starting big projects.

"After research for a set is complete, what is the very first thing you try to nail down in the building process?"

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I doubt it will ever get made, but if it did... I imagine it could be done along the same lines as the D2C Tower of Orthanc. I agree with you - I bet there would be some really clever building techniques involved to get the shape of the hollow triangular tower just right. And look at all the amazing minifigs it could include (along with a swarm of Dementors):

azkaban_final_flat_72dpi_copy_v3.jpg?w=4

Did someone say Orthanc? Lol

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I love the HP films (couldn't care less about the books) and I don't let JKR's hateful views destroy my enjoyment of them :classic:

You should definetely give the books a try in the future, they're much better than the movies :excited:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Did someone say Orthanc? Lol

#giveusamiddleearthreboottheme

I really looking forward to see pictures of the set :excited:
There are so many ways they could have done the set so it is almost impossible to predict, but I am sure it is great anyway.
Hopefully the reveal is next week :sweet:

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You should definetely give the books a try in the future, they're much better than the movies :excited:

Nah, I've read the first four completely and parts of the others and enjoyed each of the films much more. Just my opinion of course, but the filmmakers thankfully cut a lot of what I felt to be unnecessary subplots that ultimately went nowhere (like that weird one with the house-elves or the Barty Crouch Jr. switcheroo). That's why I'm glad Steve Kloves is back as a co-writer for FB3, his non-involvement was definitely noticeable in CoG :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nah, I've read the first four completely and parts of the others and enjoyed each of the films much more. Just my opinion of course, but the filmmakers thankfully cut a lot of what I felt to be unnecessary subplots that ultimately went nowhere (like that weird one with the house-elves or the Barty Crouch Jr. switcheroo). That's why I'm glad Steve Kloves is back as a co-writer for FB3, his non-involvement was definitely noticeable in CoG :tongue:

The house elves plot line was necessary to get them involved in the Battle of Hogwarts. The Crouch plot line was necessary to get Harry to Voldemort, who mistakenly believed he needed Harry’s blood. Cutting so much of the plot, or merging elements for the films just meant that certain scenes made little sense. I’m reading HBP with my son, and so far I’m yet to find a plot line that wasn’t necessary to the whole thing. 

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

The house elves plot line was necessary to get them involved in the Battle of Hogwarts. The Crouch plot line was necessary to get Harry to Voldemort, who mistakenly believed he needed Harry’s blood. Cutting so much of the plot, or merging elements for the films just meant that certain scenes made little sense. I’m reading HBP with my son, and so far I’m yet to find a plot line that wasn’t necessary to the whole thing. 

I definitely agree with this. In the films there’s way too much that you have to assume in order to have any clue what’s happening. They seem to have made the films with the notion that everyone watching them has already read the books. Nothing is really explained in the movies, whereas the books tie everything together so perfectly 

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I definitely agree with this. In the films there’s way too much that you have to assume in order to have any clue what’s happening. They seem to have made the films with the notion that everyone watching them has already read the books. Nothing is really explained in the movies, whereas the books tie everything together so perfectly 

I wish they hadn’t cut out the explanation of James being a stag animagus or Remus and Tonks entire relationship from the movies. It feels like the James/Lily and Remus/Tonks ships don’t get nearly enough love in the fandom because there’s a whole portion of the fan base who have no idea about the symbolism or depth of feelings invoked in the original text.