Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I agree that the Durmstrang ship could definitely use an upgrade. The old one is for like 50% one huge piece. They could do that much better nowadays just looking at the Destiny's Bounty for example. Still it won't be cheap, they could never pull it off in a $100,- set.

Been quiet regarding Harry Potter recently. I tell you what, the sets for this wave sound solid! New figures and moulds aswell being introduced. 

Two more unknowns with one $99 price point is even more positive. Plus another minifigure series! 

My advice is all Harry Potter fans, relish this period of time because I doubt Lego will return to Harry Potter with the amount of care, detail, and time they’re investing into it right now. It will all end before you know it.

Edited by ArrowBricks

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Been quiet regarding Harry Potter recently. I tell you what, the sets for this wave sound solid! New figures and moulds aswell being introduced. 

Two more unknowns with one $99 price point is even more positive. Plus another minifigure series! 

My advice is all Harry Potter fans, relish this period of time because I doubt Lego will return to Harry Potter with the amount of care, detail, and time they’re investing into it right now. It will all end before you know it.

Almost like a voice speaking from the dust (regarding LotR)? Minas Tirith... still the greatest tragedy of the modern age

5 minutes ago, dvt said:

Almost like a voice speaking from the dust (regarding LotR)? Minas Tirith... still the greatest tragedy of the modern age

I still weep 

22 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I feel like Professor Trelawney's wandered into the forum. :laugh:

17 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I haven’t ‘wandered’ into any forum. 

:classic:

You just reminded me of Trelawney and her prophecies that's all. :classic:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I still weep 

I can feel you, the pain never left :cry_sad: Now and then, I still stare angrily at the empty space in my collection where Minas Tirith and a Balrog should be

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Exactly, never take it for granted :thumbup: This is the golden age of LEGO Harry Potter. Before 2018, I never would have imagined that the theme might ever return, let alone with this dedication :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I can feel you, the pain never left :cry_sad:

Exactly, never take it for granted :thumbup: This is the golden age of LEGO Harry Potter. Before 2018, I never would have imagined that the theme might ever return, let alone with this dedication :sweet:

It's hard to imagine now that the theme wasn't even around a couple of years ago. I feel so lucky to be living in this age. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The problem is that opposite to the Sanctum Sanctorum (with its special round roof window, the cafetaria under the apartment and the just overall very appealing building) Grimmauld Place is just a visually very boring and unappealing building. The only thing that makes it stand out is the appearing between buildings feature, which can't be left out of such a set. Problem is, that would raise the price far beyond $100,-.

Personally I think it's either WWW, which could work like the sanctum sanctorum, only the inside would be kinda dull, or more likely the Burrow.

Still has the price been confirmed? I know the set numbers have been, but I'm uncertain if the price was.

Unappealing & boring like the exterior of the Dursley’s? Their house will be a fine build no doubt. I’m very excited to get it, but it doesn’t have anything on that makes it distinct or any great details. 

It wouldn’t be boring. Looking at pictures of the actual building, it has some nice detail s that could easily be realized in brick. The first floor with the little fence & steps with the white walls moving into a brick facade. I can agree to it not being a super appealing architecturally, but what LEGO house outside of the Modulars really is? 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

I wonder if updated versions of the Hogwarts Express and the Weasley Flying Car are in the works. 

I doubt it considering both the Hogwarts Express and Whomping Willow sets are both still on the market.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I doubt it considering both the Hogwarts Express and Whomping Willow sets are both still on the market.

I can't believe that I am just finding out what the basis for the Hogwarts Express engine is. Its a GWR 4900 Class 5972 Olton Hall. 

14 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Unappealing & boring like the exterior of the Dursley’s?

Not really. The Dursley house still has a lot going on. A garage that gives the building some shape, a nice garden. Bars before Harry's window, which could probably be blown off with a play feature. And if they somehow include the back garden it could even come with a conservatory. + it includes a car. There's also a huge different in size. Grimmauld Place is like a 4 storey building or something, even excluding the roof. And that's even without the neighbouring buildings which are quite important to turn a regular house into Grimmauld Place. They could never do it justice at $100,-. I'm sure it could be a nice set, but not at that price point. If they somehow make it work my mind would be blown, but it's a very unrealistic thing to hope for.

22 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I wonder if updated versions of the Hogwarts Express and the Weasley Flying Car are in the works. 

We already know that the Weasley Car will come in the Privet Drive set. The current Hogwarts Express hasn't even retired yet so I think we won't see a new one anytime soon (unless they wanna do a D2C motorised version, but I don't think that will happen yet).

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Not really. The Dursley house still has a lot going on. A garage that gives the building some shape, a nice garden. Bars before Harry's window, which could probably be blown off with a play feature. And if they somehow include the back garden it could even come with a conservatory. + it includes a car. There's also a huge different in size. Grimmauld Place is like a 4 storey building or something, even excluding the roof. And that's even without the neighbouring buildings which are quite important to turn a regular house into Grimmauld Place. They could never do it justice at $100,-. I'm sure it could be a nice set, but not at that price point. If they somehow make it work my mind would be blown, but it's a very unrealistic thing to hope for.

We already know that the Weasley Car will come in the Privet Drive set. The current Hogwarts Express hasn't even retired yet so I think we won't see a new one anytime soon (unless they wanna do a D2C motorised version, but I don't think that will happen yet).

I hope they don’t do another motorised one because I’ve just bough two of 10132 ;)

Thought I'd speculate on what the 16 characters will be in CMF series 2 just for fun. This list includes all characters I think have a realistic chance of being in the series. I broke the options into two categories; repeats (characters we've already gotten) and new characters. 

Repeats:
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Sirius, Lupin, Mcgonagall, Draco, Snape
New Characters:
Bellatrix, Kingsley, Tonks, Lockhart, Pomfrey, Sprout, Lucius, Karkaroff, Skeeter, Kreacher, Myrtle, Firenze, Narcissa, Greyback, Lily, James

I'm not saying all 16 will be characters found on this list, but I'd be surprised if more than 1 or 2 characters are in the new CMF that aren't here. (We're obviously missing the Weasleys as well but I feel they'd be much easier to include in sets) 

10 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

We already know that the Weasley Car will come in the Privet Drive set.

Is this a definite though? Could it be that Lego just showed the car from the Whomping Willow set with this new set on display at the toy fair to showcase compatibility with past sets or because the final set wasn't quite finished? I find it strange that Lego would have the same car in two sets. Or could it be that the Whomping Willow is retiring?

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is this a definite though? Could it be that Lego just showed the car from the Whomping Willow set with this new set on display at the toy fair to showcase compatibility with past sets or because the final set wasn't quite finished? I find it strange that Lego would have the same car in two sets. Or could it be that the Whomping Willow is retiring?

I'm not sure. But I assume it would've been made clear to the visitors if that was the case. Besides the figures it supposedly comes with wouldn't really make sense without the car (whether it's Ron or Fred and George).

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm not sure. But I assume it would've been made clear to the visitors if that was the case. Besides the figures it supposedly comes with wouldn't really make sense without the car (whether it's Ron or Fred and George).

Yeah, including a build from an old set in a toy fair display only makes sense if it’s a placeholder for something else, otherwise you’d just confuse visitors :laugh:

Releasing a new version of the car after just two years is indeed a bit strange, but it’s an essential part of the scene in CoS, so leaving it out wasn’t really an option. Besides, we’ve seen similar things occur in other themes with even shorter intervals (double-decker couch repeat for TLM, two versions of Saruman’s throne + Palantír for LotR, etc). 

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That is true. Except of course, in the Goblet Of Fire, Fred and George arrive at Privet Drive via flu powder so no car required. But I know that the sets are technically based on the movies so ...

I assume the flying car in the Privet Drive set would mean that the Whomping Willow set is soon to be retired.  To be honest, this makes sense to me.  They need to clear up shelf space somehow if there are seven or more sets coming out this year!

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I assume the flying car in the Privet Drive set would mean that the Whomping Willow set is soon to be retired.  To be honest, this makes sense to me.  They need to clear up shelf space somehow if there are seven or more sets coming out this year!

You would think so wouldn't you if there is indeed another car in the Privet Drive set. I've just had a look at the UK Lego website and there is no indication that the set is retiring soon, although the stock checker suggests that stock is low in Lego stores across the country. That may not indicate anything though as the Clock Tower is also low in stock whereas the Great Hall stock seems fine and if low stock = imminent retirement then it would surely be the other way around.

I have got a friend who has been in Nürnberg at the toy fair.

He said he saw privet drive with a car and Dumbledores office and the new advent calendar.

I hope that he will tell me more details.

If i know more i will let you know.

28 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

He said he saw privet drive with a car and Dumbledores office and the new advent calendar.

I hope that he will tell me more details.

If i know more i will let you know.

What do you mean by "Dumbledore's office"?

42 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Do you mean Dumbledore's Office as a standalone castle add on? That would be an interesting decision considering that Lego has just included a very small version of that in the Clocktower.