Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Same here haha, especially considering there was a whole discussion on here last week about what it could be other than DA :laugh:

That’s part of the reason the post happened. People were so confused. It’s all just confirmation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update for the US folks ordering from abroad:

I ordered the Forbidden Forest centaurs set from Brickshop on Tuesday 6/9 and it just arrived. Looks amazing!

I ordered the Room of Requirement and the Hedwig set on the same day from Steinchenwelt and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday 6/15.

And I ordered the Astronomy Tower from Zavvi yesterday (after canceling an overpriced eBay order) and it’s already shipped.

Also big thank you to @Falconfan1414 for confirming the good news about the D2C Diagon Alley set! Can’t wait to see some pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s part of the reason the post happened. People were so confused. It’s all just confirmation 

I guess people are annoyed because there was a countdown, but oh well. Thanks for confirming it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still too early for any set leaks. I’d say keep an eye out in July cause that’s when we should get more info. I’m glad to have confirmation for a set I’ve been anticipating since January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's better news tho - kingnono finally deleted his account

The evil has been defeated! And there was much rejoicing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's better news tho - kingnono finally deleted his account

Was gonna say that earlier. I’ve got screenshots of all his post so we can at least see how much of what he said was true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sorry, but a countdown shouldn't be used for a freaking conformation of something we already knew. Just post it, don't hype it. (Sorry falconfan, just a tip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Presuming it’ll be £350 like Hogwarts Castle then ?, better be good for that amount of money

I’m not sure why people were expecting otherwise, seen a few people say they thought it was £400 which I don’t remember ever being mentioned (in fact I don’t remember GBP mentioned at all). I always assumed £350 like Hogwarts but can always hope for slightly less based on the €/£ difference on some other recent D2Cs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man for $400 I'm expecting a massive set. Don't just want a more detailed version of the 2011 set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Im sorry, but a countdown shouldn't be used for a freaking conformation of something we already knew. Just post it, don't hype it. (Sorry falconfan, just a tip)

See I don’t see it like. First I just said it was news and it is. Confirmation is news in my book so I don’t regret doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I’m not sure why people were expecting otherwise, seen a few people say they thought it was £400 which I don’t remember ever being mentioned (in fact I don’t remember GBP mentioned at all). I always assumed £350 like Hogwarts but can always hope for slightly less based on the €/£ difference on some other recent D2Cs ?

That would be nice, haha, I still don’t get how it’s going to work at that price though, unless it’s really intricate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 1:50 AM, 8fifty said:

As I can't remember that this has been discussed in the near past I'd like to know from you guys which accessories/small creatues out of the HP universe you would like to get as new moulds :sweet:

At the top of my list, there is a Cornish Pixie, Hermione's time turner and a Pygmy Puff - to name just a few :grin:

Apologies for bringing up an old question but I never got round to answering this one and I wanted to as it is a good question :)

For small (CMF compatible) creatures I would ideally like new moulds for:

Fang, Padfoot, a Ferret, Pixies, a Pygmy Puff and the return of the goat as a patronus. A new ‘fluffy/fat’ cat mould which could be shared between Mrs Norris and Crookshanks would also be welcome. Also I hope to see the new flying owl in more colours/printing varieties such as Errol (grey owl).

Another great new animal we could get through Harry Potter and then have used elsewhere such as pet shops and jungle themes is a Hornbill Parrot (it would come with a Professor Mcgonagall, as it appears in her lesson in CS).

Missing accessories needing new moulds: short wizard pointy hat (worn by Flitwick and Arthur Weasley in the early movies), Decoy Detonator, Ravenclaw Diadem

I’m quite happy with the remaining horcruxes using existing moulds, for example a gold cup with a ‘H’ print and the ring could be the same as the green lantern rings with a 1x1 black pyramid instead of the round tile. The Locket can use the existing medal mould especially if they can get a ‘S’ print on the front.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to feel about the price tag of DA.. I must get Hogwarts D2C first to :wall: and great hall + Hogwarts express..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really can’t understand how this is worth complaining about. It’s just confirmation on something we have all had several conflicting reports on. Some of us were getting worried about the odd situation around this set. It’s really nice to have confirmation on the set itself, the number, and the price. All of those things were sort of up in the air for a bit since nothing had actually been confirmed by anyone. It’s what we were expecting, but it’s just good to know that what we were expecting is indeed what we are getting

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I ordered the Room of Requirement and the Hedwig set on the same day from Steinchenwelt and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday 6/15.

Sorry to bother you, but how do you find out when the shipment from Steinchenwelt arrives? I've tried using the tracking email, but the status of the shipment hasn't changed in over a week (It shipped on the fifth). So, either I'm doing something wrong, or my sets are lost in Germany...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I don't know what to feel about the price tag of DA.. I must get Hogwarts D2C first to :wall: and great hall + Hogwarts express..

Assuming that DA is minifigure scale, I would suggest that you skip the UCS Hogwarts and just get all the minifigure-scale sets.  I say this as someone who bought and loves the UCS Hogwarts, but overall regrets having made that purchase. 

Others may feel differently, of course.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Assuming that DA is minifigure scale, I would suggest that you skip the UCS Hogwarts and just get all the minifigure-scale sets.  I say this as someone who bought and loves the UCS Hogwarts, but overall regrets having made that purchase. 

Others may feel differently, of course.  

I made the decision at the beginning of quarantine to go for the minifigure scale sets after watching a bunch of reviews of the microscale castle and I have no regrets. The exterior of the big castle is obviously more impressive and detailed, but all of the minifigures and different rooms that come with the playsets are really nice to have and look at. There are countless references and Easter eggs that are really awesome to discover as a lifelong HP fan. Also, it's nice to have something to look forward to adding to over the next couple years (the castle extensions) vs a set that you build and display once and probably don't touch for several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Sorry to bother you, but how do you find out when the shipment from Steinchenwelt arrives? I've tried using the tracking email, but the status of the shipment hasn't changed in over a week (It shipped on the fifth). So, either I'm doing something wrong, or my sets are lost in Germany...

No bother! I got an initial shipment notice from Steinchenwelt, and subsequent tracking updates have come via emails directly from DHL On Demand Delivery. You should be able to click the tracking number on that original email, though, which will take you to the DHL website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

See I don’t see it like. First I just said it was news and it is. Confirmation is news in my book so I don’t regret doing it

Makes sense IMO, the only knowledge we had of DA was speculation and info from an unreliable "leaker", So to get some info about the D2C set in stone by one of the most reliable and trusted leakers out there is pretty big news to me at least. Really looking foward to seeing what DA looks like! I've been pretty hyped since it was just a rumor

7 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I made the decision at the beginning of quarantine to go for the minifigure scale sets after watching a bunch of reviews of the microscale castle and I have no regrets. The exterior of the big castle is obviously more impressive and detailed, but all of the minifigures and different rooms that come with the playsets are really nice to have and look at. There are countless references and Easter eggs that are really awesome to discover as a lifelong HP fan. Also, it's nice to have something to look forward to adding to over the next couple years (the castle extensions) vs a set that you build and display once and probably don't touch for several years.

I did this too, I was very close to cracking open my wallet for the Hogwarts D2C, but when I went to buy it is was out of stock, and I decided to save it for the new wave of minifig scaled sets :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do we think the chances are that next year the ‘Hogwarts’ expansion set will be the bell towers?

my evidence is that every set Hogwarts Castle Set from the original 2001 ha had it’s buildings represented in the new line:

2001 - Grand Staircase Tower and Great hall - remade in the great hall set

2004 - the clock tower and Griffindor tower - remade in the clocktower and whomping willow sets

2007 - the west wing and greenhouse - remade in the astronomy tower set

2010 - the only new building there was the astronomy tower - remade in the new set

2011 had a set called hogwarts that was essentially the bell towers. Whilst it’s not a concrete theory, it would make sense that next year would see that as the expansion, it could connect nicely to the back of the west wing/green house/room of requirement (whichever is your furthest right in your display) and they could even include the Owlery as a side build as it is in that direction of the castle

 

thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KilZol said:

Do we know whether there will be a gift with purchase this year.

Nope. Kingnono was debunked so his micro Hogsmeade GWP isn’t happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.