Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Agreed, screw the anniversary and bring on DH in it's full glory :excited:

Word. Besides, 2021 already is an anniversary of sorts, given that DH part 2 celebrates its 10th anniversary too, so the DH sets are a celebration in their own right :shrug_oh_well: 

I must confess I’m a bit biased here since both parts of DH are among my favourites in the franchise. I generally gravitate towards franchise finales, because that’s when sh*t really goes down :snicker: 

IMO, DH part 1 just cannot be beaten in terms of atmosphere, so I hope they manage to capture some of that magic in set form

Edited by Lego-Freak

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Word. Besides, 2021 already is an anniversary of sorts, given that DH part 2 celebrates its 10th anniversary too, so the DH sets are a celebration in their own right :shrug_oh_well: 

Forgot about that, so technically all 2021 sets are anniversary sets *oh2*

2021 is 20 years of PS as well. 

I must admit that the final two films are my least favourite along with GoF, however I do still like them and DHII Hogwarts is my favourite version of the castle. I'd love to see what they come up with for this wave with some really interesting architecture in those films (Godric's Hollow, Shell Cottage, Love good House) and loads of great figures. One set I'm sure we'll get is Malfoy Manor, and for some reason I've always disliked that location. 

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

I must admit that the final two films are my least favourite along with GoF, however I do still like them and DHII Hogwarts is my favourite version of the castle. I'd love to see what they come up with for this wave with some really interesting architecture in those films (Godric's Hollow, Shell Cottage, Love good House) and loads of great figures. One set I'm sure we'll get is Malfoy Manor, and for some reason I've always disliked that location. 

Not even Half Blood Prince? Because that's one big piece of garbage. It's almost like the screenwriters just took the book and desperately tried to remove everything that was great :laugh_hard: It's a fine movie but it's sad just how bad it is compared to the book (which is my favorite of all 7). 

More than 400€ for the crest :-O it's toooooooo much, and the same for one single set => 120€ = same price for the 4 January books !!! INSANE IMO

:-S

23 minutes ago, Seaber said:

2021 is 20 years of PS as well. 

Malfoys manor? I would love to see that. There is big possibility of the unique figures. I am not sure if you dicuss that at the past but what about connection between sets and all viteals? We have show from castle and minifigs and cup but that one is super boring. New one can come from gringotts. 

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not even Half Blood Prince? Because that's one big piece of garbage. It's almost like the screenwriters just took the book and desperately tried to remove everything that was great :laugh_hard: It's a fine movie but it's sad just how bad it is compared to the book (which is my favorite of all 7). 

Meh, the teenage drama nonsense is a big part of both the book and the film, so they’re on the same level to me :tongue: But calling it “garbage” goes a bit too far, for me at least. I still like it but not nearly as much as the rest. The parts with Slughorn, the Voldy flashbacks, and the Inferi cave scene basically saved it for me :classic:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Meh, the teenage drama nonsense is a big part of both the book and the film, so they’re on the same level to me :tongue: But calling it “garbage” goes a bit too far, for me at least. I still like it but not nearly as much as the rest. The parts with Slughorn, the Voldy flashbacks, and the Inferi cave scene basically saved it for me :classic:

The film on itself isn't necessarily garbage but I personally think it is exactly that when you compare it to the book. They cut out a lot of Voldemort's past and amazing things like the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and added things like that awfull attack on the Burrow scene (which makes no sense at all). 

19 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

More than 400€ for the crest :-O it's toooooooo much, and the same for one single set => 120€ = same price for the 4 January books !!! INSANE IMO

:-S

Studs cost 4 cents a piece and there are more than 4000 of them in this set, not to mention the large plate pieces. It's not something I would buy and 480 for the crest is ridiculous but the base price for the set is more than reasonable. 

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and added things like that awfull attack on the Burrow scene (which makes no sense at all). 

Didn’t they cut that battle out because they thought it’d be too similar to the Battle of Hogwarts? I kind of agree with that decision, from a moviegoer perspective. The Burrow scene is indeed quite controversial (I’m pretty indifferent towards it myself), but at least it led to two amazing sets :wub:

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Didn’t they cut that battle out because they thought it’d be too similar to the Battle of Hogwarts? I kind of agree with that decision, from a moviegoer perspective. The Burrow scene is indeed quite controversial (I’m pretty indifferent towards it myself), but at least it led to two amazing sets :wub:

I have to disagree with that decision. The Battle of the Astronomy Tower was a fairly small scale, close-quarters but intense battle in the small corridors of and near the AT (and also where Bill gets seriously injured by Fenrir Greyback). The Battle of Hogwarts is (at least in the movies) pretty much confined to the courtyard, Great Hall, Entrance Hall and the battlements which are all fairly open locations. Even in it's really dumbed down version I enjoyed the Battle of Hogwarts but I don't think it makes the decision to cut the Battle of the Astronomy Tower a good one. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I quite like HBP, the day to day Hogwarts life was back after two films which I really enjoyed, and Slughorn is so different to how I imagines him, but I like Jim Broadbent a lot. To each their own

5 hours ago, KA1 said:

Malfoys manor? I would love to see that. There is big possibility of the unique figures. 

I think it is a popular choice to be a set but its the one HP location that doesn't interest me :) 

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I certainly hope so. I want the summer wave to be a DH extravaganza with as few other sets as possible :tongue: 

Honestly same! The book sets will do for the older movies. I’d really like to see a small Godric’s Hollow set with Bathilda Bagshot and Nagini. That Hermione variant would be awesome, though I doubt they’d nail her as it won’t be CMF quality.

A malfoy mannor or at least just the interior sounds exciting as well. I don’t care much about the lovegood house but I’d reeeally like a Shell Cottage, even if there wasn’t much action going on in there. The possibilities! 

One more think. I hope that Brickheadz set will be Voldemort and nagini :X :D that will be awsome:D

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The film on itself isn't necessarily garbage but I personally think it is exactly that when you compare it to the book. They cut out a lot of Voldemort's past and amazing things like the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and added things like that awfull attack on the Burrow scene (which makes no sense at all). 

Action wise, it added a lot to the overall story & helped that eventual confrontation with Molly & Bellatrix. It never did make sense, a big group full of experienced wizards & witches standing there as it burnt to the ground...what? 

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Honestly same! The book sets will do for the older movies. I’d really like to see a small Godric’s Hollow set with Bathilda Bagshot and Nagini. That Hermione variant would be awesome, though I doubt they’d nail her as it won’t be CMF quality.

As much as I want a Godric's Hollow set I'm also kinda doubting wether that's something LEGO would do. The set would probably revolve around Harry's fight with Nagini (with James and Lilly's grave as a sidebuild maybe) but that scene starts with Nagini controling Bathilda's slowly rotting corpse from the inside. That might be a bit too dark for LEGO's taste:def_shrug:

50 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Action wise, it added a lot to the overall story & helped that eventual confrontation with Molly & Bellatrix. It never did make sense, a big group full of experienced wizards & witches standing there as it burnt to the ground...what? 

Not to mention the confusion it caused when the Burrow appeared fine in DH P1 :facepalm:

On 11/23/2020 at 8:37 AM, nodakcollector said:

Didn't see this posted (but may have missed it).

Barnes and Noble has the Monster Book of Monsters set as a GWP of $75 of Harry Potter Lego sets in the US

On 11/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, karrit said:

Besides the deal being "Online Only" most of the newer sets are temporarily out of stock online and also not available for Buy online, pick-up in store despite the stores actually showing them in stock.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, droobles said:

Yeah, this is very frustrating... Does anyone know if these sold out today once the promo went live or if it has been that way for a while?

Is there any hope the new stuff comes back in stock while the promo is live?

FYI, here is a better direct link to the promo page: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/free-lego-harry-potter-book-of-monsters

According to The Harry Potter Lego section of Barnes and Noble (US) it appears the Monster Book of Monsters Set is sold out now. Does anyone know if this will be at Lego.com at all in the future? 

It's been sold out at Barnes & Noble for 2 days now.  I hope it becomes available from other sources besides the Discovery Centers at some point but if not I'm not going to go crazy trying to get it.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did anyone else recently get a LEGO HP advertisement on Instagram featuring this Hedwig build?

20201128_002610.jpg

No, but I’ve gotten a majestic and marvelous black dragon, similar to the maleficent one.

I love the book designs and builds and the list of sets coming in 2021 looks to be absolutely awesome! I have been getting caught up on this string as I took a bit of a break after DA dropped. Joining in on the speculation of exactly what the sets will be... I am desparetly hoping to see a Ministry of Magic set.  The central hallway with flu network, Prophecy room, Room with the mirror, main lobby area and with a little luck the entrances via toilet or phone booth.  This could easily be one of the bigger ticket items.  I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did anyone else recently get a LEGO HP advertisement on Instagram featuring this Hedwig build?

Looks amazing :sweet:

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

No, but I’ve gotten a majestic and marvelous black dragon, similar to the maleficent one.

Show us:))

4 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

This something that I've wanted as well since the initial HP reboot wave came out!
If they won't do it for a CoS or PS set, your idea for Gringotts sounds like something I could see happening.

5 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

I am desparetly hoping to see a Ministry of Magic set.  The central hallway with flu network, Prophecy room, Room with the mirror, main lobby area and with a little luck the entrances via toilet or phone booth.  This could easily be one of the bigger ticket items.  I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  In keeping with my pipe dream of using new sets in conjunction with old sets... It would be amazing to see a CoS set that fits under the Great Hall or Astronomy tower or one of the existing sets.  This would serve to bring it all together and create greater depth/height for minifig scale Hogwarts.  You could do the same for an anniversary set that has Fluffy, Winged Keys, Devils Snare, Wizard Chess, etc. These could be one crazy expensive set OR multiple sets that all join together.  What does everyone think?

I Believe that Ministry of Magic or Hogsmeade will be 300 dollars set in 2021, anything smaller will be disappointing and i dont see any other possibility for big set than these 2 options. About the underlevel set. Gringotts probably can be done in same way like castle (no scale) because there are CoS and all the stuff. I think that bank without Bellatrix vault, cart and probably also harrys vault havent sense at all.... About Hogwarts adjustment i think that legos basic idea is that all sets will fit together on the end. Even tha chamber of need is ready for connect. So idea about CoS not make sense for me here. BUT i love the idea :))

8 hours ago, MischiefManaged said:

I also think it is possible for Gringotts to be 2 separate sets: 1 is the street level view that lines up with the DA set. 2nd set could be a large set that is designed to fit UNDER DA and Gringotts and include Harry's vault, Bellatrix's vault, the dragon and a track with cart.  

While I'd personally love something like this I highly doubt they'll do that. Making a Gringotts' cave set like that pretty much 'forces' consumers to buy the $400 DA set as it won't look complete without it. I get that the idea is a take on the current Hogwarts system but I don't think involving a $400 set in such a system is a good idea.