Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Didn't see this posted (but may have missed it).

Barnes and Noble has the Monster Book of Monsters set as a GWP of $75 of Harry Potter Lego sets in the US

Edited by nodakcollector

1 hour ago, nodakcollector said:

Barnes and Noble has the Monster Book of Monsters set as a GWP of $75 of Harry Potter Lego sets in the US

Excellent! I guess it is time for me to pick up the Astronomy Tower. Here is a website I found mentioning the promotion: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals

Edited by droobles

I was just ordering some bits and bobs from Lego's bricks and pieces page, including a Hidden Side mould that'll work for Death Eater flying/apparition from Order of the Phoenix.

But when I checked out it asked if I wanted to join VIP, bymut when I clicked on the link the page just had a loading circle and even after 6 minutes it hadn't loaded. Anyone else having a problem joining lego vip?

2 hours ago, nodakcollector said:

I just logged in to post this, too! Good find! I found it myself by accident when doing some online Christmas shopping for my niece and was looking at promotions. 

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well, looks like I’m stopping by Barnes and Noble on my way home from work today

The deal is online only

Besides the deal being "Online Only" most of the newer sets are temporarily out of stock online and also not available for Buy online, pick-up in store despite the stores actually showing them in stock.

What are the odds the monster book of monsters pops up elsewhere for sale? I got most of the wave when it came out and can’t get up to $75 without buying sets I already own (and then returning them later, I guess)

1 hour ago, karrit said:

Besides the deal being "Online Only" most of the newer sets are temporarily out of stock online and also not available for Buy online, pick-up in store despite the stores actually showing them in stock.

Yeah, this is very frustrating... Does anyone know if these sold out today once the promo went live or if it has been that way for a while?

Is there any hope the new stuff comes back in stock while the promo is live?

FYI, here is a better direct link to the promo page: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/free-lego-harry-potter-book-of-monsters

1 hour ago, karrit said:

Yeah it’s really annoying

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The deal is online only

Yeah I realized that too late

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Congrats

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Congrats on becoming a count here!

18 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Congrats Otherworld!

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Congratulations :classic: It is a lot better to use 9 years with interesting posts than 9 weeks of rubbish post as some do :tongue:

Thanks guys! :grin:

When I first looked early this morning the Astronomy Tower was still in stock.  By the time I was up and ready to order it was out of stock.  Stopped at my local B&N this evening to ask if they knew if the GWP possibly might be available in store on Black Friday but they didn't know.  Said they doubted it but it was possible.  Said they won't know until that morning what the in store deals would be. They had at least a half dozen Astronomy Towers in the store as well as most everything else but no Hedwig.

Hi guys 

I have a question about HP minifigs from the lego books. I know that we have 6+ Lego hp books. I know that Tom Riddle is unique but rest looks same with other lego sets. Can you help me in any other books is worth for minifigs collection? Maybe Cedric at the new one for 2021?

thank you 

I never knew a company could be less prepared for a GWP than Lego themselves, but here we are. Alright I got it out of my system, I’ll stop complaining now. It’ll pop up again

4 hours ago, KA1 said:

Hi guys 

I have a question about HP minifigs from the lego books. I know that we have 6+ Lego hp books. I know that Tom Riddle is unique but rest looks same with other lego sets. Can you help me in any other books is worth for minifigs collection? Maybe Cedric at the new one for 2021?

thank you 

OK now i see that even Lucius M. will have different torso that at diagon alley. 

1 hour ago, KA1 said:

OK now i see that even Lucius M. will have different torso that at diagon alley. 

No it's the same torso. Some images for 75978 just show the front of Lucius' torso as being more red than others, but it is the same figure.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

No it's the same torso. Some images for 75978 just show the front of Lucius' torso as being more red than others, but it is the same figure.

Ok so only Cedric and Tom riddle are different from normal sets?

I ended up caving a buying a second Hogwarts Express from Barnes & Noble yesterday to get the GWP. (I have wanted another for a while so I can expand my train and platform) Now I see it has gone out of stock online too, so I guess it's good that I went for it! It seems like only sets left in stock at all are Privet Drive and CMFs.

20 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

When can we expect more news on set names for the summer 2021 sets? 

The same question was asked 1 or 2 pages ago so here's the TLDR: 

We usually get our setnames from the various Toy Fairs but as those are cancelled we likely won't be getting any setnames at all or at least not as early as usual. So we speculated that 2021 might be our first year where we're gonna have to rely solely on minifigure leaks and nothing else. The current situation is unprecedented ofc so when/if we'll be getting setnames is anyone's guess :shrug_oh_well:

@Guyon2002: Well put :thumbup:

We also need to be more wary of made-up nonsense than usual. Misinformation thrives during the absence of real information and this drought will be the perfect breeding ground for all the “nonos” out there :grin: Constant vigilance!!

We finally have a picture of the Hogwarts crest, thanks to newelementary: 

lego-leak-reveal-31201_hogwarts-mosaic-r

Not bad :thumbup: Too much gold in the background, but the crest itself is nice