Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

But this means that we cant expect any new sets since there are no connection pin holes on sides.

but there are. How else would they be able to connect in a line like the main image shows

23 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Way more wand boxes than I wished for.

How many are there? trying not to watch any reviews in full at least until after I build it

Edited by Surge

Yep but only for those buildings, not for additional ones... Somehow after that review I wont believe that there will be any additional sets like Knockturn alley or Owl emporium and such...

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone actually been able to get the AR feature on the minisite to work? I just keep getting a prompt to reload. I have a brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max so there should be no problem...

I am having the same problem.  Not sure if iphone security issues or something else.  Unrelated I'm really hoping I can get put on a list for my local Lego store to get a set tomorrow.  I also am trying not to spoil the surprise for the last box for myself but I think that's already happened.  I know too much.

Just now, Willworkfortoys said:

Unrelated I'm really hoping I can get put on a list for my local Lego store to get a set tomorrow. 

Does your store do this? Curious because I've never tried to ask before.

Incorrect Blazej.  If you display all four in line, you can connect one additional potential future addition to either side and so on.  If you display back to back, you can actually potentially connect four additional modules and so on ; same as if display two on one side and two on the other.

Just now, Friscorays said:

Incorrect Blazej.  If you display all four in line, you can connect one additional potential future addition to either side and so on.  If you display back to back, you can actually potentially connect four additional modules and so on ; same as if display two on one side and two on the other.

Really? I havent noticed those pin holes on the sides, other than those ment for connecting those houses back to back... hmmm ok

It really does look like Lego has Karkaroff in mind with the photographer's face. Otherwise there seems no reason to me why Lego would choose black for the beard instead of making it dark grey to match his hair. A financial decision to cut a little corner here and sacrifice a small bit of accuracy to help towards next year's budget (or potentially next year's budget helping towards this set) feels like the only logical reason why the beard would be the wrong colour. The scowling face especially looks like Karkaroff.

Ordered! :-D Only seemed to get the Buckbeak and Hagrid on the Australian site. No polybag.

Edited by chris6507

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Ordered! :-D Only seemed to get the Buckbeak and Hagrid on the Australian site. No polybag.

Polybag is in-store only, according to the calendar. But congrats!!!

Edited by YetiZombie

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Polybag is in-store only, according to the calendar. But congrats!!!

Well that would explain it! :-D I wasn't going to lose sleep over it anyways. Would have been nice, but it's not like the is anything exclusive about it.

Haven’t read through all the replies yet, but just want whoever doubted the back to back theory for the shops to admit they were wrong :grin:

36 minutes ago, Surge said:

How many are there? trying not to watch any reviews in full at least until after I build it

I think I counted 9, maybe 10 as I'm not sure if "Harry's" box is part of the 9 I counted.

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Haven’t read through all the replies yet, but just want whoever doubted the back to back theory for the shops to admit they were wrong :grin:

Yeah I'll admit it, you were completely right. XD

So the super secret suprise figure is the one that leaked first back in July? That can't be a coincidence.... 

I wonder if that will be a clue about who the leaker is.... 

Is that Borgin and Burkes behind Marcos in the VIP interview? Which building is that? Doesn’t look like one from DA

56 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Does your store do this? Curious because I've never tried to ask before.

Not that I know of but I'm hoping if I ask really nicely I can figure out something.  I doubt they will as it is probably seriously against protocol and I totally understand but I have to try.  I'll also be good and only buy one to start so others have a chance early. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm so glad that PS Harry is included. I was dreading another GWP down the line, and whilst that still could happen with another unknown set, it seems likely to me that the Brickheadz is this year's main HP GWP set. 

Which is perfectly fine imo. Means I don't have to track it down after buying DA and given that I don't care about Brickheadz and there's nothing exclusive about the Hagrid and Buckbeak one I can just sell it down the line to slightly fix that gaping hole DA is going to make in my budget!

I haven't caught up with the thread this morning, so lemme say AAAAAAH! That stand with our little mystery Harry is super cool! I'm just super glad that Harry isn't in another set. 

The set is absolutely beautiful! And I cannot wait to get it day 1 (fingers crossed). The only thing that concerns me is that we’re not going to get a nice Gringotts. I would be fine with one like Attack on the Burrow, but if it has to include a dragon and rails and all of that, it may just be a build of the front side of the building, which would be a huge shame. And now we have to wait an entire year before these worries can be laid to rest! :cry2:

8 minutes ago, Modal said:

Is that Borgin and Burkes behind Marcos in the VIP interview? Which building is that? Doesn’t look like one from DA

First of: Marcos is the one on the left and behind his back in the lowest shelf is the clock tower. Top left is the prototype of WWW. I think the person you mean is Djordje (designer on the right) and behind him on the top shelf (right hand side) is a larger, earlier prototype of Flourish and Blotts. There is no Gringotts or Borgin and Burkes in the video with the Phelps brothers

41 minutes ago, Modal said:

I quoted most of them a few pages back.  Frustrating to have something so obvious dismissed as ridiculous.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

First of: Marcos is the one on the left and behind his back in the lowest shelf is the clock tower. Top left is the prototype of WWW. I think the person you mean is Djordje (designer on the right) and behind him on the top shelf (right hand side) is a larger, earlier prototype of Flourish and Blotts. There is no Gringotts or Borgin and Burkes in the video with the Phelps brothers

Yea I know Marcos is on the left I was just being super general because I was posting on my phone :laugh: I should get to know Djordje as well though because both did an amazing job!

Also, you all are being cynical about the AR experience - I think it’s super cute! Times like this I wish I were older and a father so I could share the magic with my kids :)

Does anyone know when the gift with purchases usually go live? I want to get Diagon Alley ASAP but I also want the Brickheadz... I am worried if I order shortly before midnight when it goes on sale I will miss the Brickheadz. But, if I wait for the Brickheadz to go live, DA may get sold out. Hmm...

I do still have  over $100 of the new HP sets I have yet to buy though so maybe I will just have to make another order after the Brickheadz GWP goes live. But I have been trying to pace myself!

10 minutes ago, Modal said:

The only thing that concerns me is that we’re not going to get a nice Gringotts. I would be fine with one like Attack on the Burrow, but if it has to include a dragon and rails and all of that, it may just be a build of the front side of the building, which would be a huge shame. And now we have to wait an entire year before these worries can be laid to rest! :cry2:

I wouldn‘t worry too soon :classic: First off, we don‘t know its price point (if Gringotts gets released next year in the first place, but I‘m optimistic). For all we know, it could be 150$. Secondly, it doesn‘t have to include tracks, it could just be the front, the dragon, one or two cash desks and part of the vault. Or just the front and the dragon, works for me too :shrug_oh_well: Lastly, they could split the set into two individual ones and release the dragon, tracks, and Bellatrix‘ vault as its own set. Not exactly all that realistic, but you never know. Whatever it ends up being, I think after the last 3 years we can trust the designers to do it justice :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, droobles said:

Does anyone know when the gift with purchases usually go live? I want to get Diagon Alley ASAP but I also want the Brickheadz... I am worried if I order shortly before midnight when it goes on sale I will miss the Brickheadz. But, if I wait for the Brickheadz to go live, DA may get sold out. Hmm...

I do still have  over $100 of the new HP sets I have yet to buy though so maybe I will just have to make another order after the Brickheadz GWP goes live. But I have been trying to pace myself!

I added mine to my cart at 11:59 Australian time and the Hagrid and Buckbeak got added to cart. I would just suggest adding it to cart as soon as possible and you will find out. If it doesn't get added you can delete it and wait til it hits midnight or you can just forgo it if you don't want to wait. But may as well add it to cart as soon as you can and you'll have your answer clear as day. But as I said, for me it seemed to work early. 

Also not that it's any great indication for other countries, but it hasn't sold out within an hour in Australia. So hopefully it should be all good! :-) Good Luck!