Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The torso's for the trio aren't actually reused. The 3 of them do share the same torso but the print itself is new :wink:

Oh, that's what I meant, the phrasing wasn't the best :D

I wonder why the stand + PS Harry are being kept a secret... Sure, the set has enough selling points as is, but I‘ve never heard of a set including a bonus build + minifig that aren‘t shown anywhere on the box or in official images :shrug_oh_well: I‘m not complaining though, imagine finding something like that when building a new set without ever having heard about it first, I‘d probably fall out off the chair if I was in that situation :laugh_hard: 

Oh, and Lockhart‘s alternate facial expression is amazing :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder why the stand + PS Harry are being kept a secret... Sure, the set has enough selling points as is, but I‘ve never heard of a set including a bonus build + minifig that aren‘t shown anywhere on the box or in official images :shrug_oh_well: 

Still weird ofc but it is shown on the 360 video on S@H

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Sorry the first sentence is referring to another prototype (WWW) which can be seen in the designer video on the shelf. The pic I posted is from the press release from Lego

Ah, my bad, hope my comment didn’t come across as sarcastic as it wasn’t intended to ?, I haven’t actually watched any of the videos or looked at anything aside from the Lego store page ?

1 minute ago, zintac said:

Any one know what time this will be able to be bought in the USA Eastern time?

Midnight, but sets usually become available a few minutes early. I made a bot to text me when the set becomes available, so DM me if you're interested in that :)

Edited by YetiZombie

The interview video with the designers is very interesting in that at the end they are asked about the future of the theme and Marcos answers that he has ideas and hopes the theme continues for a long time. He admits that he 'does not have a crystal ball' and cannot predict the future and he is also not allowed to say too much, but it certainly gives the impression to me that, for now at least, Lego is planning to continue going strong with the theme. I'd hope therefor we will at least see another couple of years if not more. :)

Note to Marcos Bessa: You'll probably never see this, but we do appreciate all of your effort!

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Midnight, but sets usually become available a few minutes early. I made a bot to text me when the set becomes available, so DM me if you're interested in that :)

Thanks for the offer, but don't have enough posts to DM you even though i have been registered since August 28, 2014. I just don't post much. :(

Is the set available at 00.00 in each respective country, or is there a global release equal for all countries?

Edited by Bainter-ban

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The interview video with the designers is very interesting in that at the end they are asked about the future of the theme and Marcos answers that he has ideas and hopes the theme continues for a long time. He admits that he 'does not have a crystal ball' and cannot predict the future and he is also not allowed to say too much, but it certainly gives the impression to me that, for now at least, Lego is planning to continue going strong with the theme. I'd hope therefor we will at least see another couple of years if not more. :)

I'm assuming that there will be HP sets for as long as there are Fantastic Beasts movies coming out,the third one is slated to come out next year.There is also the factor of sales but from what I can see there is no issue in that department,since by the third year we already have another D2C set and another cmf.Meaning that Lego has faith in this theme.

Edited by LOTR34

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

On the top shelf on the left above Marcos in the designer video with the Phelps brothers there is prototype version of WWW with a third floor and windows (in white because it`s a prototype).

Also there is this photo of other prototypes:

Very good catch, its on my wish list of alterations. Nice to see it was planned at some stage. I'd love to see all the prototypes. 

Boone Builds review briefly shows Diagon Alley back to back, for those interested (or previously in doubt).  It looks better when assembled in that fashion that I expected.

DiagonAlleybacktoback (002).jpg

28 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Per BrickFanatics.com:  "Once completed, the four separate builds can be locked together with Technic pins to make for an incredibly long and sizable section of Diagon Alley (they can also be placed two by two and back to back)."

The back to back option is pictured as an official display option on the last page of the fourth instruction booklet (WWW). Both of us were right in the end that the designers made the conscious decision to even change some of the earlier prototypes (exclude one floor on WWW) so that the buildings would fit back to back

After watching the Boone Build and MandRproductions reviews I'm definitely going to display this in 2 sections, making an alley with the 2011 Gringotts at the end. If I had more money I'd buy 2 of these and build up the floors, but alas my budget won't stretch that far. I'd like to get as close to this view as possible.

zRiRkagNsMMOibT-800x450-noPad.jpg

It's nice to have the option of being able to display it back to back but I'm honestly not sure why anyone would want to actually use that configuration :sceptic: 

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The back to back option is pictured as an official display option on the last page of the fourth instruction booklet (WWW). Both of us were right in the end that the designers made the conscious decision to even change some of the earlier prototypes (exclude one floor on WWW) so that the buildings would fit back to back

They didn't exclude a floor just for this reason though, it was also to keep within the budget and include more shops (they mentioned this during the VIP video).

Edited by YetiZombie

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's nice to have the option of being able to display it back to back but I'm honestly not sure why anyone would want to actually use that configuration :sceptic: 

It will fit in my display cabinet back to back but not side to side.  I also like enclosed builds....

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can reduce the required shelf space by 50 cm (half of the length) and the depth of most shelfs is deeper than 26 cm. So you can display two "modular" shops side by side at once and if you should get tired of Flourish and Blotts and QQS, you can just flip both or one of them to get a new assortement of the street. So I think it is acutally quite useful to have this display option

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's mainly for people who display LEGO on tables instead of shelves. 

Thoughts on the reveal:

The set still looks good, the Canadian price is not unexpected based the rumoured US price, but that "Through The Bricks" AR thing is possibly the most underwhelming promotional aid I've ever seen.

Has anyone seen it do anything besides make a tiny Diagon Alley float just far enough away that you can't really see anything or interact with in any way?

Ooof, now that's revealed the PS Harry is indeed in the set, I'm really tempted. But I promised myself to buy the CMFs first and make some room to display it. Besides my budget is wearing thin after I purchased some of the HP sets from ebay (8 sets at total 33% off RRP, half of them I already have but I couldn't resist since there was Great Hall in the lot, which is near impossible to find at a decent discount in UK :laugh:).

At £370 I can't see many parents forking out to buy this for their kids and the price is no doubt a step too far even for many AFOLs. Presumably the Lego accounts team have done their homework about price points but I do wonder if this set couldn't have been broken down into smaller, more affordable sets in a more suitable price range for more consumers and in turn would turn out far more profitable. For example, I won't be buying this set for me and I can say with complete certainty my sister won't be buying this for her kids, so no sales made for either and we will quite easily go and buy a non-Lego product instead.

Smaller buildings would then allow more variety within the general HP line as each year a new addition to Diagon Alley would become available rather than another remake of the Hogwarts Express, Privet Drive, Flying Ford Anglia. I suppose they have to include most of the shops together as each one as an individual building is perhaps less appealing and integral to the story. There is no doubt a good selection of parts, which you would expect from the number of bricks included but not enough for me to personally justify buying this set and the number of stickers really doesn't make this a must-have item that I intend to buy.

Just now, chris6507 said:

So... is this 21 Silencio! box on LEGO leaks actually to do with LEGO? Any ideas what it is?

It‘s part of the set and includes the parts to build the secret stand + PS Harry minifig :thumbup: It‘s an amazing idea I think! Too bad it was spoiled by the leak in July :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s part of the set and includes the parts to build the secret stand + PS Harry minifig :thumbup: It‘s an amazing idea I think! Too bad it was spoiled by the leak in July :tongue:

And the reviewers, and the people on Instagram, and the 360 video LEGO released themselves :tongue: