Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh? Where did this rumor come from? That sounds amazing, especially for army building.

There is a small teaser for it in the Jurassic World special edition mag asking questions about the magazine and it says all the magazines that Lego currently do and what people think of them, then says would you like an Avengers one then obviously they just brought one out then it asks do you like Harry Potter hinting at one coming in the future like the Avengers!

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think the set will include all the normal known figs that are necessary to recreate the scenes from the movies (like Lockhart, Hagrid etc), then the rest of the spots will be used on obscure characters with a connection to DA (like Fortescue and other people seen 2 sec in the movies etc). Rita on the other hand they will save for later. Just look at the CMF there are maybe 5 figs there that we do not have and that we MIGHT not get in future sets. Why should they give us a lot of exclusive characters in the DA that Lego could have saved for later? My guess is that most of the exclusive figs will be from characters we never would get in another set :wink:

I bet that the reveal most likely is today, if not then another day this week. If that is not the case I think I give up trying to predict it, at least the chance increase a lot every day now :shrug_oh_well:

I get your point. Has lego ever done a series 3 for a licensed theme? There were definitely some odd choices in this 2nd series, it’s as if they were spacing out releases to have some more years of HP by giving us fillers of some kind (not saying they were bad though)

It will be interesting to see this theme go beyond 2021, I wonder if they will revisit the movies but this time filling in the gaps. 1: forbidden corridor, 2: chamber of secrets, 3: Shrieking shack, etc. It would be like the 2018 reboot in a parallel universe :oh:

12 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Which buildings (besides WWW) do you all think will have more than one floor?

WWW will, Flourish and Blotts and Ollivander's have the same layout with a mezzanine level I think will be included. I have a feeling QQS and Scribbulus may have rooms to rent above them which may be included. I'll check the DA featurette later and see which shops have the rooms. 

Otherwise they could just have store rooms above. 

48 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I don't think that any of the shops will have a second row of windows but no solid floor. I just can't see Lego doing that. I have not seen Lego do anything like that and I think of all the places where they might do it a huge D2C would be the least likely.

Just look at the original LEGO Diagon Alley. Gringotts has nothing and Ollivanders only has a small amount of space for some storage. 

3 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Just look at the original LEGO Diagon Alley. Gringotts has nothing and Ollivanders only has a small amount of space for some storage. 

i wouldn’t look at the previous DA set as reference for the new one coming out

18 hours ago, m0repotter said:

Hi, haven’t read here in a while! :pir-bawling: I’m wondering if anyone knows anything about what states/ stores the CMF 2 has been showing up at in the US and also if anyone has the DPCI number for it?

Bumping this for more views and a possible answer to the question :pir-huzzah1:

Some interesting photo-shop by Lego on the new CMFS haha!

Just look at Neville on the group shot!

Edited by Brick Clicker

5 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I knew it, he‘s an Ardennian in disguise! :laugh:

57 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

Exactly. The impressive amount of pieces in this set has to go somewhere  :grin:

8 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's really not that hard to overlay figures and make a group shot. It's even easier to look a shot and spot something like that. Clearly weren't using all that time before the reveal to properly proof things. :facepalm:

It looks like someone is approaching Neville from behind in a very inappropriate way

Even his face matches hahaha

Just now, Robert8 said:

It looks like someone is approaching Neville from behind in a very inappropriate way

That is some messed up imagery :grin:

Interesting enough the shop page for DA has been up on  the UAE shop since yesterday,even though when clicking on it all you get is a 404 error 

20200818_100631.jpg

Edited by caption brickman

Well spotted @Robert8 .. I had literally just screen shot the group pic to use as my Facebook cover picture .. never even noticed the error until you posted about it :thumbup:

Strange that it went unnoticed by Lego ! 

1 minute ago, Jarreth2 said:

Well spotted @Robert8 .. I had literally just screen shot the group pic to use as my Facebook cover picture .. never even noticed the error until you posted about it :thumbup:

Strange that it went unnoticed by Lego ! 

Well, in the DC CMF they forgott to give Batmite a cape

1 hour ago, josh_a_123 said:

You said LEGO had never made multi story buildings without multiple floors so I gave an example. LEGO has done it before with buildings (and I'm sure there are buildings in other themes that are designed the same way) so I think we need to consider it as a possibility. 

8 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

You said LEGO had never made multi story buildings without multiple floors so I gave an example. LEGO has done it before with buildings (and I'm sure there are buildings in other themes that are designed the same way) so I think we need to consider it as a possibility. 

In @josh_a_123’s defense, he wasn’t  the one who said that; that was a different user

3 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

Imagine if Hermione's mom and dad really did come out. 

Not gonna lie, when the idea popped up in my head it kinda stayed there. I mean they would be the most boring characters ever but I really want them to create one big happy family for the Potters, Weasleys and Grangers. Besides, it's the only likely place they could possibly show up so it's basically a now or never scenario. If background icecream dude gets a figure, 2 characters that were adressed by a foreground character definitely shouldn't be out of the question.

Just my two cents on this but what are the odds Lego will be filling in the complete Weasley family? I mean Bill and Percy have pretty substantial roles in the later books. Maybe when they get to them the Order of the Phoenix will be fleshed out a bit more as well? Fletcher, Bill, a pink Tonks, a decent Sirius etc. are characters that feel like they have been kept as a trick card up Lego's sleeve?

31 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's really not that hard to overlay figures and make a group shot. It's even easier to look a shot and spot something like that. Clearly weren't using all that time before the reveal to properly proof things. :facepalm:

Absolutely relatable now why it took TLG so long to reveal them ?

6 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

Imagine if Hermione's mom and dad really did come out. 

Would not surprise me :wink:

However if I was a betting man I would have lost all my Galleons on betting about the DA reveal today and if it is not revealed by the end of this week will lose all my Sickles as well, so what do I know :tongue:

Why does Lego insist on making this reveal as un-hype as possible. Another company has been doing that this year, Nintendo. They just Shadow drop game announcements on Twitter instead of hyping up a Nintendo Direct or announcement. It’s like they don’t want us to look forward to anything.

40 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

You actually said it. *oh2* :head_back:

Edited by BacktoBricks