Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

All I can think of is that Rose meme:

“How long have you been waiting for DA to be revealed?”

“It’s been 84 years...”

oorrrrr... I DID MY WAITING! 12 YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN!

Looks like no leak today but tomorrow is a brand new day. The NES leaked on a Monday so we can only hope Diagon Alley is the same

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Looks like no leak today but tomorrow is a brand new day. The NES leaked on a Monday so we can only hope Diagon Alley is the same

it has been a slow day today for new info/pictures, fingers crossed for tomorrow or Tuesday, since it’s 2 weeks from Tuesday that it releases

Hasn’t been the best weekend for me, but hey at least life distracted me enough that next week starts tomorrow. DA will hopefully brighten up life this week :)

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

Hasn’t been the best weekend for me, but hey at least life distracted me enough that next week starts tomorrow. DA will hopefully brighten up life this week :)

Hopefully. I have a feeling tomorrow morning might be the day we finally see this beast. I'm getting loads of comments on YouTube asking for pictures. If I had them I'd share them ?

Fred and George would definitely be taking bets by now on what day it’s going to be revealed. 

I’m going with this Tuesday, anyone else ?

I would put $200 down on it happening within the next 5 days. Not enough consistency in releases to predict which day it will be, but I could see a teaser/Q&A announcement tomorrow with a reveal on Wednesday or Friday

i think it would make sense for them to reveal it on Tuesday just cos it’s two weeks til release but you never know what they’re gonna do lmao

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

I would put $200 down on it happening within the next 5 days. Not enough consistency in releases to predict which day it will be, but I could see a teaser/Q&A announcement tomorrow with a reveal on Wednesday or Friday

Got a feeling it'll be this monday or on thursday :excited:

I'm not predicting anything before Friday. We've peen predicting it happening basically every day for the last few weeks. I'm not going to get my hopes up. Plus we've still got another 50 pages to fill before we hit 600. 

If it is this week I would bet a Monday or Tuesday teaser and a Wednesday or Thursday reveal. I don’t see them dropping it without a teaser to get as many people as they can to the q and a. If there is no teaser between Monday-Wednesday (Wednesday would be the latest) I couldn’t see the reveal being this week then 

2 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

I’m going with this Tuesday, anyone else ?

I'm thinking something will happen Tuesday - not the reveal, but a teaser.

I’m really impressed with the sound of the new DA set, and to be completely honest shocked with just how many shops we are getting.  I think it’s a really good idea to not include Gringotts that way we get more obscure shops in this then can get that as a stand alone set.  They’ve even included shops I didn’t know existed, which I love.:wub:  I just hope we get a separate Gringotts and Leaky Cauldron set in the future.  The only other shop I would have liked to be included is the Owl Emporium. 

36 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Does anybody know where the room of requirement connects to the hogwarts?

There are a couple of places you can use to connect it but ''officially'' (read: according to LEGO's own layout) it doesn't go alongside the Hogwarts sets

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

It connects perfectly to the greenhouse of the Astronomy Tower set.

I can see us getting a few similar sized sets (low and horizontal) that will also connect to it, eventually forming a “back wall” for the Hogwarts castle display. Personally, I would love to get a Chamber of Secrets w/ a proper Basilisk in this format (or similar to the Whomping Willow set’s format) that can connect to the Room of Requirement. Maybe a Girl’s Bathroom w/ a Mountain Troll too. It would be neat if they could make them two stories, to include the Slytherin and Hufflepuff dorms we are missing. 

I don’t know whether or not we will get another big Hogwarts castle segment. Originally, I thought we’d get the Bell Towers, but for some reason I’m starting to doubt that. I think Gringott’s will be the big $100+ set next year and maybe the Ministry of Magic or Malfoy Manor will be our secondary big set. 

38 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I don’t know whether or not we will get another big Hogwarts castle segment. Originally, I thought we’d get the Bell Towers, but for some reason I’m starting to doubt that. I think Gringott’s will be the big $100+ set next year and maybe the Ministry of Magic or Malfoy Manor will be our secondary big set. 

I still think we’ll get a big Hogwarts set. The battle of Hogwarts is too integral to DH2 for the not to give it to us. I suspect they’ll find a way to give us the grand staircase aka where the Neville v. Nagini showdown happens in the movie. 

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I still think we’ll get a big Hogwarts set. The battle of Hogwarts is too integral to DH2 for the not to give it to us. I suspect they’ll find a way to give us the grand staircase aka where the Neville v. Nagini showdown happens in the movie. 

I hope you’re right. The last couple big Hogwarts sets have been focused on dances and fancy dress parties though - not big battle scenes. This fits with the theory that LEGO is targeting more girls with this series. 

I can more easily see us getting a Fleur & Bill wedding party tent set, for example. Or even a big beautiful Grimmauld Place where the focus can be the Christmas party. Smaller Hogwarts sets that incorporate colorfully decorated house dorms along within an action / adventure element seem more likely than a big $100 set focused on a battle. 

Like I said, I hope I’m wrong because I’d love to see a massive Battle of Hogwarts set centered around the Bell Towers where Harry and Voldy have part of their in-flight battle in the belfries. I guess we’ll have to wait and see...

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I’m going to put mine on the right side(looking at the interior facing you) of the Astronomy Tower. Those decrees obviously for better near the Great Hall, but that’s where the Clocktower is. 

15 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I hope you’re right. The last couple big Hogwarts sets have been focused on dances and fancy dress parties though - not big battle scenes. This fits with the theory that LEGO is targeting more girls with this series. 

I can more easily see us getting a Fleur & Bill wedding party tent set, for example. Or even a big beautiful Grimmauld Place where the focus can be the Christmas party. Smaller Hogwarts sets that incorporate colorfully decorated house dorms along within an action / adventure element seem more likely than a big $100 set focused on a battle. 

Like I said, I hope I’m wrong because I’d love to see a massive Battle of Hogwarts set centered around the Bell Towers where Harry and Voldy have part of their in-flight battle in the belfries. I guess we’ll have to wait and see...

Bill and Fleur’s wedding is the only time in DH when anyone really wears fancy dress though, and it really doesn’t need a $90-100 price point set since it’s held in a tent. And while the Astronomy Tower this year was based off the Slug Club party, the Burrow was clearly based off a battle with some plat features to go with it. So I think there’s a decent chance of two large DH2 sets next year (Gringotts and the battle of Hogwarts) and some smaller DH1 based sets (with the wedding tent being medium sized) like we got with HBP and OotP this year. 
Plus, while I think appealing to girls might have something to do with the focus on parties in the last two years, I think it’s also a move on lego’s part to make sure the highest price point sets are packed with exclusive characters and variations to make them extra desirable/give collectors as many characters and outfits as possible (as opposed to the same uniformed trio + Malfoy + Dumbledore + Snape we got in every single large set the last time the theme ran). If you look at it I’m from that point of view, the Battle of Hogwarts is great because all the significant characters are in casual clothes. 

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Bill and Fleur’s wedding is the only time in DH when anyone really wears fancy dress though, and it really doesn’t need a $90-100 price point set since it’s held in a tent. And while the Astronomy Tower this year was based off the Slug Club party, the Burrow was clearly based off a battle with some plat features to go with it. So I think there’s a decent chance of two large DH2 sets next year (Gringotts and the battle of Hogwarts) and some smaller DH1 based sets (with the wedding tent being medium sized) like we got with HBP and OotP this year. 
Plus, while I think appealing to girls might have something to do with the focus on parties in the last two years, I think it’s also a move on lego’s part to make sure the highest price point sets are packed with exclusive characters and variations to make them extra desirable/give collectors as many characters and outfits as possible (as opposed to the same uniformed trio + Malfoy + Dumbledore + Snape we got in every single large set the last time the theme ran). If you look at it I’m from that point of view, the Battle of Hogwarts is great because all the significant characters are in casual clothes. 

I could see us getting a privet drive size Malfoy manner. A Wedding tent at about $40 usd, probably with Xenophilius Lovegood in it. Assuming that we don't get a lovegood house. Then maybe a small battle of the 7 potters set with a flying motorcycle. Then gringotts and bell towers as the two big sets.

Can anyone post pics of the Great Hall, Whomping Willow and Astronomy Tower connected, but with some sections of the Whomping Willow set removed to make the distance between the Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower a bit more proportionate?

I really like the AT and the GH, but when I see them connected with the full WW set they're too far apart IMO. I can't find anything on Google Images.