Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

mean, it was put up before the set was officially announced and taken offline shortly after, so that’s probably exactly what happened. 

Maybe they missed off Gringotts as well :tongue:

———

I got to say, looking at that lineup of shops, it sounds slightly disappointing, purely from the omission of Gringotts. There’s just something missing for me, I guess as it’s the only non-shop (apart from Leaky Cauldron). Hopefully it does mean they’ll do it separately next year.

It’s certainly put me off buying it ASAP for now - I think I may prioritise other “cheaper” stuff like Treehouse that are set to retire. Also gives me a chance to save up. When/if they announce a Gringotts set, I’ll definitely get it. Still excited for the reveal as it’s gonna looo beautiful!

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Just out of curiosity do other people prefer the old LEGO manuals where they were split up by building/section or the new really thick ones all bound together? This would have been a great set to build with my wife with a couple of books each to build simultaneously, but it's probably all going to be bound together in one book which means I will probably have to build with computer instructions (which are never clear).

Whether it is bound together or not, during my build of the Grand Piano, I used the LEGO instruction app because it is more convenient and I also don't like those thick instruction booklets. That set also has a clear section of individual parts that can be build by 2 or more people concurrently -- but LEGO decided to print it all in one booklet. I don't understand this as well but I hope the buildings in Diagon Alley would come with different booklets for each building. 

Worst case, just use the Instruction app.

Great to finally get some confirmation on some things. So I guess definitely no leaky cauldron and Gringotts, but more to come for sure.

With the book signing bit it's basically confirmed we'll 100% get Lockhart, you can't have a signing without the author. So that basically confirms Harry, icecream guy, Lockhart and Ollivanders (because of course he's there). One might also add Fred and George to that list.

It's gonna be a huge set. Bigger than I ever expected. It's gonna be great.

Still I really don't get why the leaky cauldron is still a no go for Lego. I mean we don't get pubs because they serve alcohol. But meanwhile we literally got the one thing that keeps the set from being made in the cmf series. And what are they planning to do for a potential Hogsmeade? Can't have that without at least one of the two pubs/inns. Oh well, only time will tell I guess, but I really don't see a reason anymore not to make the location into a set.

The lack of Gringotts still bums me out, but at least it‘s implied we‘re getting it next year :def_shrug: I wonder if the set can be split apart since two 50cm streets are a bit easier to display than one 1m streeet :tongue: 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

The lack of Gringotts still bums me out, but at least it‘s implied we‘re getting it next year :def_shrug: I wonder if the set can be split apart since two 50cm streets are a bit easier to display than one 1m streeet :tongue: 

Do you think Lego would say anything about it if it’s coming another year? I feel a lot of people won’t bother with this set with no Gringotts and then when it releases the impulse buy hype would wear off.

5 hours ago, Modal said:

Is it seriously a meter long? That’s INSANE! I need to buy a new table

I need to buy a new room...

I don't see any difference between making the Leaky Cauldron and making Mos Eisley Cantina.  Heaven knows they were smoking who knows what & drinking all sorts of strange concoctions of whatever in the Cantina.  Never mind what some of those aliens look like (Ponda Boba).  They have the Inn as an alternate build to the Creator Pirate Ship & there's how many Rum bottles in Barracuda Bay not to mention the Tavern.  If they don't make the Leaky Cauldron at some point it's beyond ridiculous.  I really hope we eventually get it.

1 minute ago, Nikiforosdallas said:

Do you remember when we got the monkie kid descriptions? Then a day or two later we got the reveal. The big reveal event is today or tomorrow. I'm sure.

I mean, at the very least they can’t put off the official CMF reveal longer then that. And at this point I’m hoping the CMF reveal is being coordinated with the Diagon Alley reveal - it’s the only reason I can see putting it off so long when the figs have already escaped into the wild. 

24 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

What a beautiful Star Wars Brickhead :iamded_lol:

£18? that seems cheap! (Oh wait it’s probably the Brickhead... I wonder if they’d honour it lol)

I’d screenshot the add and have them honor it!

Hmmm, I am really disappointed Gringotts isn't going to be in the set. Of course I'm glad the buildings that are included will get so much attention but without that magnificent white building to stand out among them as the centerpiece it definetely won't feel complete. The piececount and measurements are great, got nothing to say about that. Now we'll just have to cross our fingers for a reveal either today or tomorrow :excited:

39 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

We already saw those about 3-4 weeks ago :wink:

9 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

I’d screenshot the add and have them honor it!

Pretty sure I’d end up with a Star Wars Brickhead, I don’t think I can be bothered to go through the faff on an unreleased set!

The sheer size of the thing gives me a headache :grin: If it can only be displayed in the one-street configuration, I have to rearrange quite a few non-HP sets since I only have a 50x40cm space right next to m copy of 71043. If a V-shape display is possible, I might have a chance to put it where I wanted to :laugh:

I hope that those buildings will have enclosed back side and will fit to the modular street. Its odd that the set measurements are only 13 cm width (25x25 cm is standard modular baseplate). Anyway I am hoping that pictures will be out soon. 

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

I hope that those buildings will have enclosed back side and will fit to the modular street. Its odd that the set measurements are only 13 cm width (25x25 cm is standard modular baseplate). Anyway I am hoping that pictures will be out soon. 

To me it sounds like the stores are probably going to on the half sized base plates and that LEGO just didn't want to say they are 12.5cm wide! :-D

2 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Closed backsides would be a waste of pieces for interior details, make it harder to put stuff in to display (especially as it’s so long), and stop light getting in the shops... in my opinion.  I hope for open backs

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

To me it sounds like the stores are probably going to on the half sized base plates and that LEGO just didn't want to say they are 12.5cm wide! :-D

Maybe you are right. That could mean that you can form an enclosed alley which will have 50 cm length and 25 cm width. :)

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Closed backsides would be a waste of pieces for interior details, make it harder to put stuff in to display (especially as it’s so long), and stop light getting in the shops... in my opinion.  I hope for open backs

Nooooo, just noo open backs. This isnt set for kidds to play, but for us HUGE figures to display :D

6 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Nooooo, just noo open backs. This isnt set for kidds to play, but for us HUGE figures to display :D

The Hogwarts D2C is basically just one big facade so DA can be as well

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Hogwarts D2C is basically just one big facade so DA can be as well

The Hoqwarts is not minifig scale is it? :) DA will be in minifig scale and it should be the definitive depiction of it. Thats why Gringots will be in separate set...

5544 pieces for $400?! That is an AMAZING deal. 

Diagon Alley that's 1 meter in width? Woah.

Finally a minfigure of Gilderoy Lockhart? Hell yeah.

As for Gringotts, I think it honestly will work better as a standalone set. It's probably the biggest build in Diagon Alley, and by including it we wouldn't be able to get more obscure builds. Also, people should keep in mind that not everyone is able to afford a $400 set, but people still want at least some of those builds.

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

The Hoqwarts is not minifig scale is it? :) DA will be in minifig scale and it should be the definitive depiction of it. Thats why Gringots will be in separate set...

Still doesn't mean DA has to have closed backs, a ton of minifig scale D2C's have open backs: Disney Train and Station, Disney Castle, every Winter Village set, Upside Down, Jurassic Park T-Rex Rampage, Joker Manor, Orthanc, original DA, Arkham, etc. 

And if DA was supposed to be a ''definitive depiction'' of the street there would be no reason at all to exclude Gringotts

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

5544 pieces for $400?! That is an AMAZING deal. 

Diagon Alley that's 1 meter in width? Woah.

Finally a minfigure of Gilderoy Lockhart? Hell yeah.

As for Gringotts, I think it honestly will work better as a standalone set. It's probably the biggest build in Diagon Alley, and by including it we wouldn't be able to get more obscure builds. Also, people should keep in mind that not everyone is able to afford a $400 set, but people still want at least some of those builds.

Totally agree. And since TLC tend to cumulate multiple seasons in one set, I guess that Gringots could include that white dragon as well. I can picture it as add on to the DA as a stand alone buliding which will fit DA if you make both sides of it like i said above (split in half and make both sides to form an real alley. Then there should be at least one vault, maybe two (Harry's and Lestrange's). :)

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Still doesn't mean DA has to have closed backs, a ton of minifig scale D2C's have open backs: Disney Train and Station, Disney Castle, every Winter Village set, Upside Down, Jurassic Park T-Rex Rampage, Joker Manor, Orthanc, original DA, Arkham, etc. 

And if DA was supposed to be a ''definitive depiction'' of the street there would be no reason at all to exclude Gringotts

On contrary, I think there is potential to make it split into at least two sets - DA and Gringots. anyway Gringots is not mentioned in that leaked description. And closed backs will work once you split it into half to form both sides of Alley. Then you can also more easily add it to modular city and form it as "hidden street". This could be the right way how to make those different series of Lego sets work together as Ninjago city for instance. 

32 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Not gonna be a good display if it’s too dark to see inside :P

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Not gonna be a good display if it’s too dark to see inside :P

Modulars are not good for display? :)