Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Melle_24 said:

I don’t read all the comments on this topic so this may be a stupid question, but is the Diagon alley gonna be minifig-scaled or micro-scaled?

I would take you a very long time to read all the comments :wink:, so don't worry about it. It's minifig-scale, I believe.

5 minutes ago, Melle_24 said:

I don’t read all the comments on this topic so this may be a stupid question, but is the Diagon alley gonna be minifig-scaled or micro-scaled?

Minifigure scale

Perhaps f1 refers to Friday the 1st? As a release date?

Im not an expert or anything, and I haven’t read everything, just a suggestion.

feel free to correct/ignore me

Edited by Rosie99

Regarding Formula 1: 
The ten fastest drivers of the qualifying have to use the tires of the second qualifying (Q2) at the start of the race. So they can’t change tires between Saturday and Sunday. 

Quote from the Formula 1 regulations:

„With the exception of any cars that are required to start the race from the pitlane, at the start of the race each car which qualified for Q3 must be fitted with the tyres with which the driver set his fastest time during Q2. This will only be necessary for these cars if dry- weather tyres were used to set the fastest time in Q2 and if dry-weather tyres are used at the start of the race.“

Q2 would mean this or next month if you go for the quarters of the year.

So my guess is an announcement in June.

Just now, Rosie99 said:

Perhaps f1 refers to Friday the 1st? As a release date?

Im not an expert or anything, and I haven’t read everything, just a suggestion.

feel free to correct/ignore me

I hope not! The next Friday the 1st isn't until January.

5 minutes ago, dustells said:

Regarding Formula 1: 
The ten fastest drivers of the qualifying have to use the tires of the second qualifying (Q2) at the start of the race. So they can’t change tires between Saturday and Sunday. 

„With the exception of any cars that are required to start the race from the pitlane, at the start of the race each car which qualified for Q3 must be fitted with the tyres with which the driver set his fastest time during Q2. This will only be necessary for these cars if dry- weather tyres were used to set the fastest time in Q2 and if dry-weather tyres are used at the start of the race.“

Hmm...the F1 season is planned to start July 5, maybe this date has a special meaning?

Dont get me wrong, I’m super excited for Diagon alley (even though there’s little to no way I’ll be able to drop 400 on it anytime soon) but am i the only one who’s more excited about info/ pics for the last unknown set dropping?

22 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I hope not! The next Friday the 1st isn't until January.

Oh, my bad, sorry.

1 minute ago, m0repotter said:

Dont get me wrong, I’m super excited for Diagon alley (even though there’s little to no way I’ll be able to drop 400 on it anytime soon) but am i the only one who’s more excited about info/ pics for the last unknown set dropping?

I'm actually excited about every single HP set that is about to drop and I'm pretty greedy for new set images or leaks, no matter which one they show! It might just be the fact that the majority of the hints we get at the moment regard DA and that there is nothing more known about the other set than we have discussed already. 

57 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I'm actually excited about every single HP set that is about to drop and I'm pretty greedy for new set images or leaks, no matter which one they show! It might just be the fact that the majority of the hints we get at the moment regard DA and that there is nothing more known about the other set than we have discussed already. 

Well it was mentioned that the unknown set will be underground. Based off that hint I can either see it being a small Chamber of Secrets set with Ginny, Tom Riddle, Harry and Basilisk. I didnt really think this would do well as a set costing less than $100 but after seeing ROR and Expecto Patronum I’m very impressed with how much LEGO is able to pack into a smaller set. Barring CoS I’d say MoM battle is another possibility, but is the Ministry technically underground? Also the Inferi cave battle is major wishful thinking on my part (I think thats my most coveted set idea for the entire reboot) but once again, does that cave count as underground?

Just now, m0repotter said:

Well it was mentioned that the unknown set will be underground. Based off that hint I can either see it being a small Chamber of Secrets set with Ginny, Tom Riddle, Harry and Basilisk. I didnt really think this would do well as a set costing less than $100 but after seeing ROR and Expecto Patronum I’m very impressed with how much LEGO is able to pack into a smaller set. Barring CoS I’d say MoM battle is another possibility, but is the Ministry technically underground? Also the Inferi cave battle is major wishful thinking on my part (I think thats my most coveted set idea for the entire reboot) but once again, does that cave count as underground?

That sounds like great idea! Is the basilisk the main build of the set? Because I can see them doing a maybe £30-40 set with a small tunnel build and a smaller basilisk

how much do sets with 3 mini figures and two small builds tend to cost?

Edited by Rosie99

The meaning of the riddle seems to most likely be that Fred and George (from the parody channel's names with them) are in the top 10 (cannot change tires between). Maybe 10 minifigs and those are confirmed to be in it? I thought we already knew that they were included, but maybe he's just confirming it in a different way? And maybe this confirms 10 minifigs? Did we know that before?

50 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

The MoM is 100% underground, and the movie designers wanted to make sure people didn’t forget that, so they used subway tiles everywhere. 

The inferi cave is also underground, it’s entrance is at the base of a cliff. 

As for the Chamber of Secrets there’s a lot of reasons I don’t think that’s likely - the most prominent of which is that if the designers had been working on a Chamber set for this year they would have chosen a different exclusive minifigure for the book that’s coming out. 

All in all, given the rumored $50 price point (based off calculations made after kingnono posted the cost of the entire wave), I think the Ministry battle is the most likely. 

23 minutes ago, autolycus said:

The meaning of the riddle seems to most likely be that Fred and George (from the parody channel's names with them) are in the top 10 (cannot change tires between). Maybe 10 minifigs and those are confirmed to be in it? I thought we already knew that they were included, but maybe he's just confirming it in a different way? And maybe this confirms 10 minifigs? Did we know that before?

I really hope that's not the case, only 10 figures in a $400 set is kinda sad. Luckily Kingnono said minifigure collectors would love the D2C so I think there will be a fair amount of figures (I'd guess probably around 14-18)

36 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Forgive me if I’m an idiot, but how does being in the “top 10” get implied from “cannot change tires between”? :pir-cry_sad:

okay, it’s 400 euros, but I at least want 4500 pieces then.

Edited by Melle_24

52 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Forgive me if I’m an idiot, but how does being in the “top 10” get implied from “cannot change tires between”? :pir-cry_sad:

44 minutes ago, Gnukan said:

I don’t get it either 

This post explains it very well:

4 hours ago, dustells said:

Regarding Formula 1: 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope that's not the case, only 10 figures in a $400 set is kinda sad. Luckily Kingnono said minifigure collectors would love the D2C so I think there will be a fair amount of figures (I'd guess probably around 14-18)

Yeah, that would be pretty week, I expect more as well. I assume there is a minimum of one shopkeeper for each store included (WWW should get two, Gringotts even more) plus the usual three suspects plus a bunch of other ones fitting in the plot. I see your guess as pretty likely!

8 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

I believe it was 1 year ago today that the graveyard and beauxbatons sets were revealed so hopefully we'll get a reveal of that unknown non-d2c set soon. We got official reveals 3 days later than last year for the first 5 sets so maybe around the 13th for any remaining ones? Wishful thinking perhaps but :shrug_oh_well:

Did they really announce the two waves last year so close together? Is it just me that thinks that's kinda strange, I'd've thought they'd wait until the first wave of sets at least releases, so then they can say "now we've made you part with your money, here's some more!"

5 hours ago, m0repotter said:

I get you. DA's gonna be exciting to look at but unachievable to get for a while. I'm just gonna be marveling at all the reddit posts for the first 6 months at least probably. Meanwhile there's something we know nothing about, that's actually more affordable.

4 hours ago, Rosie99 said:

That sounds like great idea! Is the basilisk the main build of the set? Because I can see them doing a maybe £30-40 set with a small tunnel build and a smaller basilisk

how much do sets with 3 mini figures and two small builds tend to cost?

It's not necessarily a CoS set.

6 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Did they really announce the two waves last year so close together? Is it just me that thinks that's kinda strange, I'd've thought they'd wait until the first wave of sets at least releases, so then they can say "now we've made you part with your money, here's some more!"

I checked the Lego news sites I watch regularly and yes, that was the case!

4 hours ago, m0repotter said:

But if it is a CoS set, thinking about it, I actually agree they could easily make it a smaller set. I always thought it would need to be a big set, but it really doesn't. If they made it big a lot of the size would probably just be rock and repetition. So I could see them scrapping all the cave bits and just having the snake door, a small walkway, 2 snake head statues, and Salazar slytherin. A medium basilisk build, Tom Riddle, Ginny, Harry, Lockhart and maybe Ron, and it could be a $50 set.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The MoM is 100% underground, and the movie designers wanted to make sure people didn’t forget that, so they used subway tiles everywhere. 

The inferi cave is also underground, it’s entrance is at the base of a cliff. 

As for the Chamber of Secrets there’s a lot of reasons I don’t think that’s likely - the most prominent of which is that if the designers had been working on a Chamber set for this year they would have chosen a different exclusive minifigure for the book that’s coming out. 

All in all, given the rumored $50 price point (based off calculations made after kingnono posted the cost of the entire wave), I think the Ministry battle is the most likely. 

Yeah I still don't think CoS is likely. I think Ministry of Magic is most likely.

For some reason I never realised the cave was the base of the cliff. I always thought it was inside the big rock that Harry and Dumbledore land on lol. Just watched the scene and surprised myself.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think that no matter how many minifigs are available (definitely hoping for 14-18 like you say), I've said that Lego seems to be going all out with minifigs for as many characters as possible - so I think all important characters in DA will get at least some representation, whether it be from sets, the D2C, or the CMFs. So at least there's that to be optimistic about if you get what I mean.

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I checked the Lego news sites I watch regularly and yes, that was the case!

Oh lol. Thanks for checking:classic:

Edited by sammy_zammy

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll take as many minifigs as I can get! But the whole F1 top 10 thing has to mean something. Maybe 10 exclusives plus a few that are repeats from another set? That would be pretty excellent, IMO.

21 hours ago, Otherworld said:

What is everyone’s favorite year of LEGO Harry Potter so far? There’s still some stuff left to reveal but I think we’ve been shown a lot already.

For me, it’s been in chronological order: from least favorite to most favorite. 2018’s awe for me was mainly because of the nostalgia of the theme coming back, but for some reason the sets themselves didn’t make me want to get them day one. 

2019 was a lot more exciting since I love GoF and we finally got characters never designed before.

And this year just seems surreal for Harry Potter! The details and character variants, woah.

2018 for sure. The surprise factor of its return & how great everything looked. 

15 hours ago, m0repotter said:

Just checked the comments on the post, someone said “only Germans will understand”... does that narrow things down for anyone? :pir-cry_sad: Also, it just dawned on me. We all thought “Diagon Alley not coming in September” meant it was coming earlier. What if its not coming until LATER in the year though *oh2*

Ya know, with the leak of that haunted house & it apparently coming soon, I would okay with DA being released later. It’ll give me time to recoup money to get it day one. 

21 minutes ago, autolycus said:

I'll take as many minifigs as I can get! But the whole F1 top 10 thing has to mean something. Maybe 10 exclusives plus a few that are repeats from another set? That would be pretty excellent, IMO.

That would actually make some sense, especially since Fred and George are hinted at specifically - that could refer to the fact that they’re part of the minifigure lineup as a whole or the exclusive minifigures specifically. I could definitely see us getting two versions of the trio with at least one being reprints, plus a bunch of characters like the twins, a Lockhart variation, and some goblins being completely new.