Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, 8fifty said:

I cannot stop looking at this feature, this is so lovely :wub:

Agreed. Love this set :wub: albeit those stickers will be a pain 

I am very glad that we got high quality images rather than the crappy pictures of other themes.

I can't help but feel that it was a mistake to include a flying car with Privet Drive while the other one is still available in the Whomping Willow set.  The house is beautiful, but way too small, IMO, and the box art exacerbates this fact!

New purchase order after seeing the sets:

PRE-ORDER:
1. The Burrow
2. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower
3. Room of Requirement

STILL NOT SURE:
4. Privet Drive (no number pun intended)
5. Forbidden Forest

NOPE
6. Hedwig

It would be one thing if the Hedwig set had a cool exclusive minifigure but that Harry is just kinda boring do a definite pass.

I looooooooove the Burrow, a definite 9/10, but that little build with the flame where you part them is really lazy and out of place, they should've gone with a marsh side-build at least. Also, some strange minifig choices across the board, but good sets in general.

Holy crap the Astronomy tower has absolutely amazed me! All the details and rooms packed into it, all the space, the amazing building technique and the interesting shape: half the figures are meh-to-bad but the set is so good it's gone to the top of my list for this theme. I've already got so many old Hogwarts bits I thought I'd never need to add anything to it but I've been convinced! Brilliant job to whoever designed it. 

Just now, Thieda said:

It would be one thing if the Hedwig set had a cool exclusive minifigure but that Harry is just kinda boring do a definite pass.

See, I still want that exclusive Harry (because I'm pathetic, LOL) so I'm hoping that a year from now he will end up on Bricklink or eBay for $5.  :laugh:

What a brilliant range of sets! Burrow looks excellent, lots of great details like the clock and self knitting needles. The RoR has the mirror and picture of the original Order which is a nice touch. Privet Drive looks brilliant. It’s amazing how many details they’ve managed to include in a small build without feeling too cramped. But the Astronommy Tower is my favourite of the lot. 

My family will definitely be getting all of these but the one I’m excited for most in the burrow, such an improvement, actually has the right shape and the slight tilt is amazing :D

My thoughts on the sets:

LOVE astronomy tower and the burrow!
ROR is so much better than i thought it would be! Really good!

The privet drive is good for me.

The forbidden forrest: grawp isnt great, but he isnt terrible, for me is definetly solid!

HATE the buildable hedwig!

Just noticed the colour of the cone holding the ski pole has changed from grey to green for the Astronomy Tower, grr

25 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Um...I just read "August in the USA."  Any fellow entitled Yanks sobbing along with me right now?...

A little sad yes but at least now I can see the Diagon Alley photos so I can see whenever I buy the wave or Diagon Alley first.

Just now, Bernar said:

My thoughts on the sets:

The forbidden forrest: grawp isnt great, but he isnt terrible, for me is definetly solid!

I completely agree about literally everything!  :sweet:

Though the more I think about it the more I think I will wait for a good sale on Privet Drive; I already have the Ford Anglia, Harry, Ron, and Dobby, and the house, itself, looks easy to MOC.  If I'm buying a set for the Dursleys and the stickers, something's wrong with me.  :grin:

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Just noticed the colour of the cone holding the ski pole has changed from grey to green for the Astronomy Tower, grr

Better than not having them at all like the clock tower imo

Do we know who designed the sets? They just seem to have a very different feel to them than the previous two waves. You know what I mean? Not in a bad way, just different

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Better than not having them at all like the clock tower imo

Do we know who designed the sets? They just seem to have a very different feel to them than the previous two waves. You know what I mean? Not in a bad way, just different

Marcos Bessa supervised the wave; I would guess that he personally designed the Burrow, but that's just conjecture on my part.

Just now, Bernar said:

My thoughts on the sets:

Honestly I think Grawp looks exceptionally accurate to the film

Haven't seen anyone discuss this yet. I terribly photoshopped the AT next to the Clock Tower and realised the towers are right next to each other and doesn't look right. Do you think the RoR will go between them or am I being silly? I can't wait to see what the official connected picture looks like.

I really like the Grawp tbh, he's pretty cute looking. Brick built Hedwig would look better upright I feel, will bricklink the figure.

I don’t get why everyone is hating on Hedwig so much, it’s a good cheap set that looks like an owl and has some kind of mechanical feature, I like it

i think lego usually designs/plans 2 years at a time?   so this might just be the same people a little more experienced?