Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Kid Flash said:

Hey, it's pretty funny, I actually agree with a lot of your opinions so mybe that is why I never made an account; everything I wanted to say was said for me :tongue:

Welcome! I was in the same position in 2018, I joined because of the introduction of this theme

Just now, deskp said:

harry potter is one of those themes non-lego news outlets tend to pick up on when lego reveals new stuff. so there might be some more carefully planned marketing strategy around that.

That could actually be legit because for example I only knew of the 2018 line because of some random instagram account that had nothing to do with lego

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You’re saying anything with technic pins can technically connect which is true, and he is saying that just because it can doesn’t mean it’s meant to. Hagrid's Hut is not meant to connect to Hogwarts. The Room Of Requirement (according to rumor) is meant to connect to the rest of Hogwarts  

It's what I was trying to say when I wrote about the pins on Hagrids hut, but it seems that I was a bit unclear :) I think it's the same with RoR.

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You’re saying anything with technic pins can technically connect which is true, and he is saying that just because it can doesn’t mean it’s meant to. Hagrid's Hut is not meant to connect to Hogwarts. The Room Of Requirement (according to rumor) is meant to connect to the rest of Hogwarts  

Thanks, I couldn't have said it better :D

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Anyone else realised we're already on 200 pages? 600 at the end of the year? :oh:

I was then gonna say lol.

In my latest procrastination activity, I've hunted for as many of the 2020 rumour/discussion threads I could find...

image.png.1c457fdb902f20eddac6b17ae4aeac9e.png

And yet we haven't had any reveals yet apart from a polybag lol. More replies than Star Wars is hilarious considering that theme's insanely huge following.

(It's interesting that HP has more replies than SW but fewer views - I wonder if that's because HP encourages more people to create an account whereas SW is just browsers?)

Edited by sammy_zammy

A couple weeks ago I was thinking we might be hitting 150 pages when the sets leak. Now we're at 200+ and still nothing. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Anyone else realised we're already on 200 pages? 600 at the end of the year? :oh:

The last time I opened this thread was on April 13th on page 133. 13 days later, this thread is on page 200.

So I reckon we could reach at least 1000 by the end of the year :wink:

The growth won't continue linearly though, because a lot of the discussion stems from speculation about the upcoming sets (and recently, our collective lamentation about the lack of leaks), which of course will drop to zero once everything's revealed :grin:

Have the sets ever leaked so weird? All of these 360° videos combined with some box images, but never together. It is so weird. I don't understand why lego does not just reveal the sets properly with hd images of the sets inside out.

ARE YOU HAVING FUN WATCHING US FLEX???? 

Edited by ItamatTheGreat

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

Has the sets ever leaked so weird? All of these 360° videos combined with some box images, but never together. It is so weird. I don't understand why lego does not just reveal the sets properly with hd images of the sets inside out.

ARE YOU HAVING FUN WATCHING US FLEX???? 

The waiting sucks but Lego reveals than when they’re ready to. The reveal date has been in their plan for a long time, it’s not like they’re just watching us squirm and delaying the reveals again and again just to frustrate us. We’ve gotten into the Monday of ha info the sets revealed on our timetable but it’s always been lego’s timetable and they’ll reveal them on the date that they always planed to

48 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Maybe @Falconfan1414 can offer us some insight on the timeline? It does seem bizarre that promotional photos and videos have been released for all of the June LEGO sets except Harry Potter...

I am afraid I can’t be help here. I don’t know what is going on with these photos. I’m not sure when they will come  

I mean, it can't be long before Lego officially reveals them so even if they don't leak we should see them within a couple of weeks max I'd say.

Edited by BacktoBricks

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The last time I opened this thread was on April 13th on page 133. 13 days later, this thread is on page 200.

So I reckon we could reach at least 1000 by the end of the year :wink:

That's what happens when everyone has to stay home and people have nothing better to do than watch tv or browse the net.  Hopefully the pics leak soon  

26 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I mean, it can't be long before Lego officially reveals them so even if they don't leak we should see them within a couple of weeks max I'd say.

June 1st at the latest I assume :laugh:

But I guess they come this week either Wednesday or Thursday. Just a guess of course.

I think we'll get leaks by May 9 at the very latest.  Honestly, I was surprised that the sets were revealed before May the Fourth last year, because I would think that LEGO wants people spending their money on the annual Star Wars stuff before they start saving for HP.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I doubt they'll release the setpictures after the sets themselves are out so a couple of weeks max is accurate :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

That's what happens when everyone has to stay home and people have nothing better to do than watch tv or browse the net.  Hopefully the pics leak soon  

Exactly, if it weren't for the quarantine we definetely wouldn't be at 200+ pages now

45 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Что чудесного? Наборы не были пропущены?

Astronomy tower ?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly, if it weren't for the quarantine we definetely wouldn't be at 200+ pages now

The virus (and people thus having too much spare time on their hands) isn't the only reason this thread has exploded, even compared to previous HP threads: 

• Unlike last year, the toy fair season gave us actual set descriptions to chew on for a while
  • Consistent, rather spread-out leak supply
  • _kingnono_'s hints, each of which inspired multiple pages of posts due to their cryptic nature :laugh: