Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Given how many outfits Lockhart has I have no doubt he'll pop up in the CMF and a Pixie would make a lot of sense as an accesory

As much as I would love an accessory to be a Pixie, it would probably just be a tile or a book with his face on it

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

On 1/7/2020 at 12:05 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds promising. So the LTF could be something to look forward to again, really miss the good ol’ days of bricksets’ coverage :classic:

In general, I really hope this year’s TF season will surpass last year’s lackluster season (even though it’s hard to be much worse than that one). The only good thing last year were some of the NYTF reveals and TheRandomBlocker’s LTF report

Brickset is going to the London toy fair, but do not expect to be able to report much because of NDA :hmpf:

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

On the topic of centaurs: I know this has been brought up before, but now that better pics are out there, I think the new centaur legs from the Trolls theme might actually work :classic:

I can see you preparing the pitchforks, but hear me out: the mould is nit overly cartoony and the centaurs in HP are not that tall. They’re less tall than Hagrid and getting the proportions right would be hard either way, especially in regards to the torso :wink: 

The only downside to this part is the cartoony proportions...it looks too off to be a “real” centaur. But it’s not horrible. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The only downside to this part is the cartoony proportions...it looks too off to be a “real” centaur. But it’s not horrible. 

Honestly, put it in dark brown and a decent amount of printing on it and you'd avoid the cartoony aspect. Also the fact that they can even make this piece for a theme gives hope for Harry Potter 

53 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

Honestly, put it in dark brown and a decent amount of printing on it and you'd avoid the cartoony aspect. Also the fact that they can even make this piece for a theme gives hope for Harry Potter 

That would help, but the shape of it I think would still make it look weird with a regular Minifigure torso/head combo. It looks fine with the oversized Trolls head, but too flat & wide proportionally for a proper centaur. I agree, having that piece gives better hope than what we’ve had in the past. 

49 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

That would help, but the shape of it I think would still make it look weird with a regular Minifigure torso/head combo. It looks fine with the oversized Trolls head, but too flat & wide proportionally for a proper centaur. I agree, having that piece gives better hope than what we’ve had in the past. 

I agree, because of the proportions and more rounded edges the trolls piece just doesn’t work for a ‘normal’ centaur (for that matter, does it actually have a tail?). 

If we see a centaur body used before it turns up in Harry Potter I’d expect it to be if a more ‘realistic’ centaur turns up in CMF series 20 (which is a possibility with the new larger bags). 

20 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I agree, because of the proportions and more rounded edges the trolls piece just doesn’t work for a ‘normal’ centaur (for that matter, does it actually have a tail?). 

If we see a centaur body used before it turns up in Harry Potter I’d expect it to be if a more ‘realistic’ centaur turns up in CMF series 20 (which is a possibility with the new larger bags). 

They use those trans orange flame piece as a tail. 

Yeah, I almost expect a centaur to appear in a CMF series than HP. Unless the theme lasts longer & we get to the more obscure stuff, movie wise. The centaurs played such a little role in the movies compared to the books. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

They use those trans orange flame piece as a tail. 

Yeah, I almost expect a centaur to appear in a CMF series than HP. Unless the theme lasts longer & we get to the more obscure stuff, movie wise. The centaurs played such a little role in the movies compared to the books. 

A) I am choosing to ignore the fact that the trolls centaur piece apparently has a hole in its butt that you stick things in. 

B) Things like the Knight Bus and Beauxbatons Carriage arguably play only a small roll in the movies, but we still got sets of them. Lego doesn’t prioritize sets based off their importance to the plot (hence why we’ve only gotten the climax scene from one out of the four movies covered so far) - they want sets that have fun builds and lots of playability options. I think there’s a good chance of getting a set based on Grawp this year because it could fill in one of the smaller price points, and a centaur could fit in that set easily. 

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

A) I am choosing to ignore the fact that the trolls centaur piece apparently has a hole in its butt that you stick things in. 

B) Things like the Knight Bus and Beauxbatons Carriage arguably play only a small roll in the movies, but we still got sets of them. Lego doesn’t prioritize sets based off their importance to the plot (hence why we’ve only gotten the climax scene from one out of the four movies covered so far) - they want sets that have fun builds and lots of playability options. I think there’s a good chance of getting a set based on Grawp this year because it could fill in one of the smaller price points, and a centaur could fit in that set easily. 

Great...now I can’t unsee that. Thanks. :hmpf_bad: 

I was thinking more along the lines of  minifigures. Set wise though, good point. The carriage especially so. It had a fraction of a second on screen. I think the Knight Bus played a bigger role than it’s screen time portrays, plus we know LEGO loves their vehicles. 

I would like to share my own fears. I think they are done with Philosoper's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. LEGO gave us pictures about brickbuilt Fluffy and Troll in Build your own Adventure. They will not give us molds, that fit into our mini hogwarts, we can't even put in our Mirror of Erised. And the most important thing... The Chamber of Secrets. We got that horrible Basilisk and Fawkes.  Why? If there is a little chance to publish a CoS set, what does the Basilisk do in the great hall set? With Quirrel??? I think we will get a Shriecking Shack/Hogsmeade set this winter or next year. But that second book. I think LEGO will fill the holes with CMF. Lockhart, Myrtle, perhaps Riddle, Crab and Goyle. 
Do you also miss these things listed above? 

Edited by Drapeg

I feel like a centaur would add a lot of appeal to a Grawp set. Grawp is barely in the movies and doesn’t really do anything so there’s not a whole lot of appeal around him (I was never super into him in the books either). Minifigs would have to build the appeal for that set and there aren’t many to choose from but Bane would do nicely

1 hour ago, Drapeg said:

I would like to share my own fears. I think they are done with Philosoper's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. LEGO gave us pictures about brickbuilt Fluffy and Troll in Build your own Adventure. They will not give us molds, that fit into our mini hogwarts, we can't even put in our Mirror of Erised. And the most important thing... The Chamber of Secrets. We got that horrible Basilisk and Fawkes.  Why? If there is a little chance to publish a CoS set, what does the Basilisk do in the great hall set? With Quirrel??? I think we will get a Shriecking Shack/Hogsmeade set this winter or next year. But that second book. I think LEGO will fill the holes with CMF. Lockhart, Myrtle, perhaps Riddle, Crab and Goyle. 

Build your own Adventure books are never an indicition of wether or not certain things are coming or not. They just give you some ideas for stuff to built and suggestions for ways you could build it. Fawkes and the basilisk were most likely included in the Great Hall because they hadn't yet used the entirety of the sets budget

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like a centaur would add a lot of appeal to a Grawp set. Grawp is barely in the movies and doesn’t really do anything so there’s not a whole lot of appeal around him (I was never super into him in the books either). Minifigs would have to build the appeal for that set and there aren’t many to choose from but Bane would do nicely

Grawp didn't really do much in the books either

On 1/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, Drapeg said:

I would like to share my own fears. I think they are done with Philosoper's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. LEGO gave us pictures about brickbuilt Fluffy and Troll in Build your own Adventure. They will not give us molds, that fit into our mini hogwarts, we can't even put in our Mirror of Erised. And the most important thing... The Chamber of Secrets. We got that horrible Basilisk and Fawkes.  Why? If there is a little chance to publish a CoS set, what does the Basilisk do in the great hall set? With Quirrel??? 

I speculate that what happened when they developed the Great Hall Set went something along the following lines: they designed the set around the sorting ceremony firstly (hence all the students are the ones who’s names are called out in the film, and the hat getting a new mould), and then because of the limited space in the tower for much else they put in the mirror because it’s also from PS...and it is because of the mirror that Quirrell was added (so that every character with a version of a reflection was included in the set).

Then I guess towards the end of the development of the set someone in marketing demanded they add a better ‘badie/monster’ so there could be some more obvious conflict on the boxart to excite children etc, so they made the other two builds with a small leftover budget. This would explain their small size and lack of new moulds or even prints for the two. 

Now that Lego has learned that the HP theme is selling well, they should revisit the Basilisk and Fawkes and do them properly in a new CoS set in the future.

If we get a better Basilisk I personally will adopt the first snake to be a boggart manifestation :)

Edited by Bugbot20082

11 hours ago, Drapeg said:

As stated above, the build your own adventure book and the side builds in the Great Hall aren’t really a reason to be worried - I doubt either of those will prevent Lego from making a Chamber of Secrets or Forbidden Corridor sets if they decide to. Also, while agree with you that a Hogsmeade set is possible, I don’t see the Shrieking Shack necessarily being apart of it (a HBP/DH themed village featuring the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, and the Hog’s Head seems much more likely). 

Any worry we have over if we’ll get the ‘missing’ portions of the already covered movies should be reserved for the prospective lifetime of the theme. Obviously we don’t have confirmation on what’s coming next, but I’d put my money on Lego continuing with sets based off the 5th through 8th movies in the next couple of years. The question being whether the theme will have the staying power to still be lucrative enough for them to go back and fill in the earlier movies when they’ve finished working through them chronologically (which is entirely possible with the Fantastic Beasts movies going on until at least 2025). 

23 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I speculate that what happened when they developed the Great Hall Set went something along the following lines: they designed the set around the sorting ceremony firstly (hence all the students are the ones who’s names are called out in the film, and the hat getting a new mould), and then because of the limited space in the tower for much else they put in the mirror because it’s also from PS...and it is because of the mirror that Quirrell was added (so that every character with a version of a reflection was included in the set).

Then I guess towards the end of the development of the set someone in marketing demanded they add a better ‘badie/monster’ so there could be some more obvious conflict on the boxart to excite children etc, so they made the other two builds with a small leftover budget. This would explain their small size and lack of new moulds or even prints for the two. 

Now that Lego has learned that the HP theme is selling well, they should revisit the Basilisk and Fawkes and do them properly in a new CoS set in the future.

If we get a better Basilisk I personally will adopt the first snake to be a boggart manifestation :)

This description made so much sense lol

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope we get the Marauder’s Map on a printed tile this year

Oh yeah. Would be good for maybe someone like Fred or George if they appear in a cmf.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

42 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Oh yeah. Would be good for maybe someone like Fred or George if they appear in a cmf.

Now that we’ve gotten the Daily Prophet, Quibbler and Hogwarts acceptance letter the Marauders Map is probably the last obvious custom printed tile we really need in our library of Harry Potter accessories. 

I think the only problem with using the map as an accessory for one of the Weasley twins is there really isn’t an accessory option for the other twin to have in that scene (and I think we can agree that the twins need to match however we get them). I think a better option for getting the map would with Harry in a cmf (the hoodie he wears when caught out of bounds by Snape is a good outfit option) or even as an exclusive in next year’s advent calendar like the Hogwarts acceptance letter was this year. 

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hope so too, it could appear in a number of different sets or the CMF. I hope they go for a 2x3 tile with an accurate print which looks like the movie prop.

In my draft CMF series 3 (which I have not posted yet) I did something a bit different and had the map as an accessory to an adult James Potter. (Lilly Potter comes with a baby Harry).

Waiting between HP waves, looking out for any rumors or leaks is like Harry at the Dursleys waiting to go back to Hogwarts, desperate for any news of the Wizarding World 

Surprised people are so keen on Grawp, and if they don't make him you can always adapt the Hagrid brick head. 

What I want above all are pupils in the CMF uniform from all the different houses... And lots of them. 

I had another idea for what we could see from a centaur. They likely would have to give it a range of motion so it can stand. Therefore why not give it the fawn legs x2 and create a body piece that takes legs and has a spot to put a head. Then it lets them either use fawn legs or normal legs depending on what they want to do and they can reuse printed legs in the future if they want to do a different body print. 

6 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I had another idea for what we could see from a centaur. They likely would have to give it a range of motion so it can stand. Therefore why not give it the fawn legs x2 and create a body piece that takes legs and has a spot to put a head. Then it lets them either use fawn legs or normal legs depending on what they want to do and they can reuse printed legs in the future if they want to do a different body print. 

I guess that could work, the horse’s tail likewise could be the existing horse-tail-costume accessory we have already. 

Edited by Bugbot20082

We just got our first leak for Jurassic World's summer wave, considering Harry Potter releases at the same time we may see our first leaks very soon!

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We just got our first leak for Jurassic World's summer wave, considering Harry Potter releases at the same time we may see our first leaks very soon!

I wouldn't expect minifigs anytime soon, but new animal moulds (if there are any!) are quite realistic :classic: