Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just built all four of the sets and can highly recommend all of them :thumbup: For some reason, I got a duplicate of the Gallimimus‘ jaw piece :wacko: I‘ve seen my fair share of weird extra parts over the years, but this one takes the cake :laugh:

What are your overall thoughts on the Gali/Pteranodon set? The Galli and Ptera are pretty much the only things I like about this set, any usefull pieces in the build?

It‘s a sturdy build, but nothing to really write home about. In terms of pieces, the most notable ones are the improved net shooter, the same ember piece as in the lab set, the rather uncommon windshield piece and the equally uncommon trans-green window parts. The main attraction truly are the „dinos“ :sweet:

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s a sturdy build, but nothing to really write home about. In terms of pieces, the most notable ones are the improved net shooter, the same ember piece as in the lab set, the rather uncommon windshield piece and the equally uncommon trans-green window parts. The main attraction truly are the „dinos“ :sweet:

Is it me, or does that net shooter not work any better then the turbine?

What I dislike now about the batmobile, is that it doesn't really have a theme. It is big and massive, but only transports that small lab and only has a very small netlauncher. And it has two drones, but no command centres for them. It is just missing something.

mon-o-mat I've heard a few times from a bunch of places that its a research vehicle, if that helps?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

mon-o-mat I've heard a few times from a bunch of places that its a research vehicle, if that helps?

It's not based on anything we've ever seen in the franchise, neither Park nor World. It's just a reskin of the App Controlled Batmobile with some changes to make it fit in with this theme (even though it really doesn't)

^ And that's exactly why I'm planning on getting it, budget permitting! To me, it's the closest spiritual successor yet to that kit, even though it's on a dinosaur island instead of an airless moon.

2 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

It's clearly based on this research vehicle:

Reveal hidden contents

540x360.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

Nah, it is clearly based on a vehicle i built as a kid during Dino2010 times. It also used very big wheels while being relativley short and not very high above the wheels. But instead of a Lab it had a Dinocage in the back. (i wasn't allowed to have the Hummer because I recreated it myself appearantly)

14 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Cool instructions design! 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/635941423839875?view=permalink&id=735651583868858

(That's just my Facebook Lego Jurassic World group) Also why are all the sets available to buy except Dr Wu's Lab?

Probably, because some genius didn't order enough of thise sets to be produced because he misjudged how many sets will be bought. (Something that happened to Lego quite often in the recent years)

BTW, can somebody tell me why those sets still aren't on Amazon?

Edited by mon-o-mat

4 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Probalby, because some genius didn't order enough of thise sets to be produced because he misjudged how many sets will be bought. (Something that happened to Lego quite often in the recent years)

Makes sense and maybe Amazon is stocking up on them or is waiting because of covid-19? I don't use Amazon so idk but just some suggestions :)

7 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Probably, because some genius didn't order enough of thise sets to be produced because he misjudged how many sets will be bought. (Something that happened to Lego quite often in the recent years)

I don't blame them, LEGO is in a pretty tight spot when it comes to distribution. Each continent gets their sets from a specific factory but with the one in Mexico being closed down the ones in Europe and Asia have to provide sets for countries in North/South-America on top of their usual countries. It's all a matter of shifting things around to make sure the largest amount of people possible can get their chance at purchasing the sets. Patience is key, now more than ever :wink:

Edited by Guyon2002

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't blame them, LEGO is in a pretty tight spot when it comes to distribution. Each continent gets their sets from a specific factory but with the one in Mexico being closed down the ones in Europe and Asia have to provide sets for countries in North/South-America on top of their usual countries. It's all a matter of shifting things around to make sure the largest amount of people possible can get their chance at purchasing the sets. Patience is key, now more than ever :wink:

Huh, you have successfully changed my mind haha

I just watched both Jurassic World movies and I’m trying to match the minifigs with their movie counterparts. I can’t account the Bricktober Owen or the new 2020 bandolier Owen, those don’t seem to be in the films. The regular grey shirt version from the T-Rex Mech seems not to be in the films either but that particular figure is based on the Lego miniseries I believe. I imagine the bandolier version is as well? And I’m not sure about the Bricktober version

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just watched both Jurassic World movies and I’m trying to match the minifigs with their movie counterparts. I can’t account the Bricktober Owen or the new 2020 bandolier Owen, those don’t seem to be in the films. The regular grey shirt version from the T-Rex Mech seems not to be in the films either but that particular figure is based on the Lego miniseries I believe. I imagine the bandolier version is as well? And I’m not sure about the Bricktober version

Bandolier Owen isn’t even in the show, personally it reminds me of the way Kenner would outfit their JP characters. Gray shirt Owen is in the LoIN show, Bricktober version is from fallen kingdom during the baby raptor videos:

https://jurassicvault.com/displayimage.php?pid=3537&fullsize=1

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Bricktober figure of Owen appears in some of the flashbacks in FK and can also be seen during Jurassic World: The Ride at the Universal theme park. The new 2020 Owen doesn't appear anywhere and is just madeup by LEGO themselves, though the Kenner reference is very likely as @vstat05 stated. Although the colorings are a bit off (as they are on most Owen figures) the variant with the grey shirt from the T-Rex Mech comes from the scene in Jurassic World where Claire asks Owen to inspect the Indominus' paddock, the Claire figure from the same set is based on the end of FK. Hope this helps :wink:

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Any others you can't find? I remember in Just2Goods bricktober pack video he couldn't find Claire. Clair from that bricktober pack is from the start of FK when she goes to Lockwood's estate (might also be wearing those clothes in the DPG office idk)

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Any others you can't find? I remember in Just2Goods bricktober pack video he couldn't find Claire. Clair from that bricktober pack is from the start of FK when she goes to Lockwood's estate (might also be wearing those clothes in the DPG office idk)

Right Claire is from when she goes to the Lockwood mansion at the beginning of FK. And thanks @Guyon2002 and @vstat05. Good catch with the baby raptor video, I was only remembering the the one where he’s in the regular dark blue shirt with the vest, I forgot there were multiple videos. I see now that the figure has the biting glove on his arm. The grey shirt was weird because it’s the same style as the scene where Claire asks him to inspect the Indominus paddock but it’s definitely the wrong color. It should be the color of the shirt in the Bricktober pack under the vest. Pity they made up the new version, I wish they had gone with something screen accurate. Maybe the flannel shirt from the beginning of FK or something

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Right Claire is from when she goes to the Lockwood mansion at the beginning of FK. And thanks @Guyon2002 and @vstat05. Good catch with the baby raptor video, I was only remembering the the one where he’s in the regular dark blue shirt with the vest, I forgot there were multiple videos. I see now that the figure has the biting glove on his arm. The grey shirt was weird because it’s the same style as the scene where Claire asks him to inspect the Indominus paddock but it’s definitely the wrong color. It should be the color of the shirt in the Bricktober pack under the vest. Pity they made up the new version, I wish they had gone with something screen accurate. Maybe the flannel shirt from the beginning of FK or something

Screen accuracy has always been a bit of an issue with Owen, the only accurate figures we have are the 2015 and Bricktober versions. The 2019 fig should have a white-ish shirt, the 2020 figure doesn't exist and both 2018 figures don't have the right colors (the legs should be black and the shirt dark blue). 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Screen accuracy has always been a bit of an issue with Owen, the only accurate figures we have are the 2015 and Bricktober versions. The 2019 fig should have a white-ish shirt, the 2020 figure doesn't exist and both 2018 figures don't have the right colors (the legs should be black and the shirt dark blue). 

Right on all accounts. The 2020 Indominus set also has the wrong version. They reused the Fallen Kingdom Owen rather than the original Jurassic World 2015 film version. I just replaced the outdated head and hair from 2015 with the newer ones and it looks perfect for JW Owen. The shirt for the FK Owen should definitely be darker (the clawed version is obviously meant to be the same shirt just without the vest), but it doesn’t bother me too much. 

Also, on a different note, this will be the first Jurassic wave where I buy all the sets since 2015. Bought that whole wave because I had always wanted Jurassic sets and I loved them. The last few years I’ve bought a few but ended up looking for good deals for just the Dinos on the secondary market for the expensive sets. This year I love every set and I don’t think I’ll find a deal where it’s cheaper to buy the dinos separately, particularly because the expensive set has two large dinos, both of which I really want

Can we just agrree that there are too much bad Owens? And why has Claire in the Gallimimus set her Fallen Kingdom outfit? Doesn't make any sense except for making Buisness-Claire an exclusive for the 100€ set. I mean, the figure doesn't even look that good, since the very hard and orderly look of her doesn't translate well into Lego.

24 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Can we just agrree that there are too much bad Owens? And why has Claire in the Gallimimus set her Fallen Kingdom outfit? Doesn't make any sense except for making Buisness-Claire an exclusive for the 100€ set. I mean, the figure doesn't even look that good, since the very hard and orderly look of her doesn't translate well into Lego.

They should have given her dual molded legs with printed shoes like Umbridge

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They should have given her dual molded legs with printed shoes like Umbridge

Definetely, the white legs are too plain. Me and @Puresh tried to make her more accurate by using Queenie Goldstein's legs from the HP CMF and Wu's skirt (TLNM) backwards but it didn't end up looking all that great.

Dr Wu's Lab: Baby Dinosaurs Breakout is available to buy now, yay :)

Edit: Just ordered all 2020 Jurassic World sets! Can't wait for them to arrive!!!

Edited by AxolotlPlays