Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

New info, courtesy of promobricks (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-jurassic-world-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94086/)

- Dr. Wu‘s lab: baby Trike, baby Ankylosaurus, Wu, Owen

- Gallimimus & Pteranodon chase: blue vehicle, drones, Owen, Claire, park employee

- Gyrosphere house: rollercoaster tracks, Indominus, Ankylosaurus, Owen, Claire, the JW kids, park employee

- land & water chase (4+): two vehicles, Pteranodon, baby Pteranodon, 2 minifigs

Impressive amount of new dinos, I have to say. The Ankylosaurus (+baby!) sounds great and it’s one of my favourite dinos to boot :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

New info, courtesy of promobricks (https://www.promobricks.de/lego-jurassic-world-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94086/)

- Dr. Wu‘s lab: baby Trike, baby Ankylosaurus, Wu, Owen

- Gallimimus & Pteranodon chase: blue vehicle, drones, Owen, Claire, park employee

- Gyrosphere house: rollercoaster tracks, Indominus, Ankylosaurus, Owen, Claire, the JW kids, park employee

- land & water chase (4+): two vehicles, Pteranodon, baby Pteranodon, 2 minifigs

Impressive amount of new dinos, I have to say. The Ankylosaurus (+baby!) sounds great and it’s one of my favourite dinos to boot :thumbup: This also reveals Harkonen as a fraud after all :shrug_oh_well:

So Harkonen was indeed a fake. Well, at least we did give him the benefit of the doubt.

These sets sound great! I'm not 100% sure which of these sets I'll actually be buying (due to other themes) but I really love these descriptions! These are my thoughts (including builds):

- Dr Wu's lab: the figures aren't anything to write home about. The dinosaurs are awesome (especially as we've already seen the Trike) and the lab itself will definetely give me some more options to enhance my own lab. At 20 euro this is a must buy for me

- Gallimimus and Pteranodon chase: this is definetely the weakest set of the 3 normal ones imo. The Gallimimus is surely fantastic and well, we all know what to expect from the Pteranodon. The build doesn't sound interesting and the figures are mostly reuses. The only reason I see to buy this set is the Galli, and possibly if the included employee is Lowery.    I will reserve my final thoughts on this set for the final setpictures though!

- Gyrosphere house: the build sounds like it's very small and not worth the $100 price tag at all. But no way I'm passing up a chance to get the Indominus, Zach and Gray (I missed the first JW wave). The Ankylosaurus sounds great too and once again I hope the employee is Lowery, Vivian or Zara

- Land and water chase - doesn't sound interesting to me and I'll most likely skip it. If the set includes a baby Pteranodon (though Promobricks says it's a baby raptor) I'll probably buy that seperately

Overall it's a fantastic wave. A lot of new things and some older things for those who missed some things from the first few waves. It also sounds like these sets are loosely based on the first movie, with some added imaginition so there really is something for everyone! Looking forward to these sets!

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Land and water chase - doesn't sound interesting to me and I'll most likely skip it. If the set includes a baby Pteranodon (though Promobricks says it's a baby raptor) I'll probably buy that seperately

My bad, it does say Raptors :blush:

Just now, Anak said:

And what if the Gallimimus is indeed a Coelophysis? Again.

I was thinking that too but there's no way they're reusing that again. The set costs $60 and comes with 2 dinosaurs, one of which is definetely a reuse so the Galli must be a new mold

New sets sound great. Baby Triceratops and Ankylosaurus sound/look amazing and I’m so pumped to be getting another Indominus! I have the original but it’s my second favorite molded animal after Smaug and I hope there’s a new print job that makes it look more gray like the movie. The new Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus molds sound awesome, too- I’m really surprised by the variety of dinosaurs and new molds we’re getting this summer. It’s sad that there’s no Mosasaurus but fingers crossed we get one for the final Jurassic World movie next year! I’d really love to see a Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Stegosaurus in the future, and to everyone who says a Brachiosaurus would be too big, they made Smaug with a ton of new molds and if they made a Brachiosaurus that size I think it would work just fine. 

Nice to be getting a Gallimimus and Ankylosaurus plus the baby Triceratops and baby Ankylosaurus. I wonder if the Indominus will be at all different from the previous version. Bummer there’s still no Brachiosaurus or Mosasaurus (and I wouldn’t say no to a Spinosaurus). But I’m loving the Dinos we’re getting!

The new dinosaurs sound great and its nice that the sets are loosely based off the first movie for those of us who missed the Indominus Rex and some of the characters. Just a shame there still isn't anything from TLW and JP3.

With only 1 wave every year and next year being based off JW3 I really hope they will start making sets directly based on the first three movies in 2022

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

So is the Gyrosphere House like the Gyrosphere ride from the first JW movie? 

Yup

I'm really hyped for the smallest set. A small lab with two baby dinos (ankylosaurus is my favourite one). 

I don't care about the second set at all. Nice to get a new dino tho.

Is third set actuay a remake/reinaging of original Indominus JW set? 4 original JW characters, Gyrospheres and its launcher hut and dinosaur battle between Indominus and Ankylosaurus (I'm really hyped for those two).

I also don't care about the 4+ set tbh.

Somehow I just didn’t see them going back to movies they already covered so I wasn’t pleasantly surprised by the news. I think next year’s sea will be based on JW3? So maybe the following year they can broaden the range a little to include more JP products (even though I understand that JP is less relevant to children than JW)

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is third set actuay a remake/reinaging of original Indominus JW set? 4 original JW characters, Gyrospheres and its launcher hut and dinosaur battle between Indominus and Ankylosaurus (I'm really hyped for those two).

I personally don't see it as a remake. It's the Gyrosphere station with the necessary things to recreate the Indo/Ankylosaurus battle in the forest

4 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

I'm curious if Gray & Zach minifigs will use the new medium legs? 

Grey probably, Zach should still have the normal legs

Gallimimus, Ankylosaurus, baby Triceratops and baby Ankylosaurus - well,  that is sounds VERY GOOD!

- If Gallimimus and adult Ankylosaurus have new mold torso - so we will have more new dynos later based on them) Aha-ha)

- baby Triceratops and baby Ankylosaurus - i think is only a one-time shot)

I'm really looking forward to this wave, especially given it seems to be based off of Jurassic World from 2015! The animated series did give us some movie accurate dinosaurs, but I honestly couldn't have cared less for the figures and builds, as they're not part of the Jurassic World canon. I hope that the Indominus Rex has it's colours swapped this time around, being light blueish grey as it's primary colour with white scale printing - the one from 2015 was just too light for my liking. I'm also curious weather Claire will have her white outfit with short hair or if they're not gonna bother with making these sets that movie accurate.

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

I'm really looking forward to this wave, especially given it seems to be based off of Jurassic World from 2015! The animated series did give us some movie accurate dinosaurs, but I honestly couldn't have cared less for the figures and builds, as they're not part of the Jurassic World canon. I hope that the Indominus Rex has it's colours swapped this time around, being light blueish grey as it's primary colour with white scale printing - the one from 2015 was just too light for my liking. I'm also curious weather Claire will have her white outfit with short hair or if they're not gonna bother with making these sets that movie accurate.

I think/hope Claire looks like she does at the end of the film, with the tanktop and bare arms etc.

13 minutes ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

What a pervert!

(jk jk!)

:laugh_hard: Jokes aside it's pretty much the only Claire variant from Jurassic World we don't have yet, and I doubt they'll reuse the 2015 figure. Thinking about it they could reuse the JWFK figure but that would be incredibly lame and lazy

14 minutes ago, legoboy_4 said:

What kind of rollercoaster layout will the Gyrosphere house have?  Can't wait to see

It will not be a rollercoaster, it will make use of a few rollercoaster tracks. The build itself will be based off the Gyrosphere Station from Jurassic World

I wonder if they will find a way to include two minifigures in one Gyrosphere in the Gyrosphere house set so Zach and Gray can travel together

Edited by Albert with an A
Typo

3 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

I wonder if they will find a way to include two minifigures in one Gyrosphere in the Gyrosphere house set so Zach and Gray can travel together

I don't really see that happening as that would require a new mold. And ignoring the fact you can only seat one figure in it the current size of the gyrosphere is pretty much perfect

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I don't really see that happening as that would require a new mold. And ignoring the fact you can only seat one figure in it the current size of the gyrosphere is pretty much perfect

and it would make the gyrosphere really oversized even if the new indominus rex set is bad I will still get it as I missed out on the first Jurassic world wave although looking back the only set that interested me was the indominus breakout

13 minutes ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

and it would make the gyrosphere really oversized even if the new indominus rex set is bad I will still get it as I missed out on the first Jurassic world wave although looking back the only set that interested me was the indominus breakout

Same for me. I really hated the 2015 JW sets (though I grew to love them it was sadly too late) and still really want the Indo and characters like Zach, Gray and Barry. I am beyond excited for this new opportunity to get some of them