Sign in to follow this  
The Brick Boss

Goodbyes

I've been on this forum for a few months now. I'm already wishing I never came here. So with that being said, I believe I have brought this up to moderator, @Peppermint_M that I was going to make this post. 

Why am I leaving? 

Because when I came here, I kinda expected to be able to talk about fan stuff with fellow Lego fans. That includes speaking of what I love. What I don't love and improvements without being seen as an extremist. I would've thought that I'd be seen as bringing up good points......and in all honesty, I thought this would be like all the other forums I have been on where I would not get put down because of my stance. 

I was an idiot

I remember talking to another member whom I believe was @Joebot and he told me that Eurobricks is unique in this aspect where you are basically told in a less abrupt way to "Be quiet and accept Lego's decisions". He brought up a good point there. But I don't like that kind of uniqueness. 

This doesn't happen on other forms of social media. Especially the City theme. 

I don't complain. I simply express my dislike for certain things that Lego does. Don't challenge my views. Don't analyze them. Don't do none of that. Those kinds of things annoy me. I should be allowed to talk about wishes for Lego without being fussed at or disappointed. I'm just a dude with aspergers syndrome who came here to hang with fellow Lego enthusiasts. Not to get flamed by a bunch of apologists committees. 

So with that being said, I'm saying my goodbyes. I didn't know where to put this. So I put this in the community section. 

No rudeness was intended. I'm just a wisecracking and sarcastic person. Just saying my final goodbyes. I wish this forum well in the future. 

Edited by pooda

Well, I think there may have been some aspect of people trying to have a deeper discussion that came off instead as attacking/challenging, but I also understand that how it feels is how it feels, and if you're having an unpleasant time it makes sense to remove that unpleasantness.  Best wishes to you, and happy building into the future!  :classic:

2 hours ago, pooda said:

I don't complain. I simply express my dislike for certain things that Lego does. Don't challenge my views. Don't analyze them. Don't do none of that. Those kinds of things annoy me. I should be allowed to talk about wishes for Lego without being fussed at or disappointed.

But with respect though, that’s exactly what an online forum is for. To do all of those things. When you make a post you should expect people to agree/disagree with you, to challenge your views, to analyse your posts, to say “actually, I don’t agree with you and I think this...”. 

I understand it can be annoying when you want to vent your frustrations and people disagree. As said above, it may have just come across as people trying to have a discussion rather than trying to attack your point of view. 

As Tariq said above, if you post something on a forum, you have to expect replies, and not just others nodding in approval.

From what I saw of your posts & the replies to them, people weren’t putting you down, they were tempering your wants. I understand your passion for wanting all things bus, but our wants sometimes just don’t line up with what the company will produce. Look at all the clamoring for the Classic Trio: Space, Pirates, Castle. 

This place is far from a keep quiet & accept things kind of place, there’s plenty of criticism directed at LEGO(take a look at the Superheroes sets threads...you’ll find plenty of not accepting opinions on the sets themselves). But, some of us also realize the target audience is children who aren’t as critical, generally speaking, of a build as we adults are. 

Lastly, and I hope you come back to at least read the forums, it’s a shame you’re leaving. Even if I didn’t always agree with your posts, I did enjoy reading them. 

I may visit and check things out. I just won't comment a lot. 

What does tempering in this case mean? 

Edited by pooda

Edit: I know what it means in this case. 

Thing is...I hate limits. Why? Because I had a strict upbringing and i had LOTS of limits put on me. Limits isn't good for someone with aspergers. Don't limit my ambition. That's a good way to set me off. I mean.... that's just who I am. Ambitious.

Edited by pooda

2 hours ago, pooda said:

Edit: I know what it means in this case. 

Thing is...I hate limits. Why? Because I had a strict upbringing and i had LOTS of limits put on me. Limits isn't good for someone with aspergers. Don't limit my ambition. That's a good way to set me off. I mean.... that's just who I am. Ambitious.

When it comes to wishlists, sure. But when you comment stuff saying what you’d like to see in future sets, that’s when it has to happen. We all have to limit our hopes for what we would realistically like to see from our favorite themes. 

Take the new Modular for example. For a bookstore it’s not very full of books(especially the newer hinge book like the printed “Moby Brick” book)& that kinda sucks. But we have to take in mind piece count & price point & the fact that it’s two separate buildings, therefore more bricks used on middle walls instead of other details. 

9 hours ago, pooda said:

Limits isn't good for someone with aspergers.

Please don't go using this as an excuse. I was going to leave this thread alone, but plenty of us here (myself included) manage to contribute to the forum and participate in discussion with ASD themselves. (Asperger's being the outdated term in current neurological science). 

If you feel the only choice here is to leave, that is your perogrative. 

Regards.

@Peppermint_M I don't want any regards. Not after the treatment that a lot of users have given me since I first arrived. Then I stand up for myself and I'm seen as the bad guy?

I welcome the ban hammer at this point. I need at least a month to myself anyway. 

Edited by pooda

1 minute ago, Collector245 said:

Goodbye @pooda! I will miss hearing your good ideas for the city theme!

Don't worry. You can still find me on MeWe. I'll post my ideas for City sets there. You're one of  the very few members I have respect for. :wink:

You too, @Vindicare. I have respect for you as well. 

Edited by pooda