ks6349

Usually which Amazon sells Lego the cheapest on average?

I perfectly understand that they usually ship to their own country and don't ship internationally, and even if they do

,the shipping cost is high but neglecting all these factors, because I have a few friends who are flight attendants and travelers so shipping cost or location is not an issue. Which Amazon usually sells Lego (I mostly interested in City and Creator / Expert only) the cheapest or gives 

good deals on average?? 

Amazon USA ? Canada? UK ? Australia? Deutschland?  Japan?? or any other?? Which one do you recommende

Edited by ks6349

You can pretty much guarantee a 33% saving on amazon uk at some point.

i have been closely watching as I’m waiting to pick up the roller coaster (which I’m yet to see under a 16.5% discount) and I’m also waiting for the two technic sets 42100 and 42110.  Best I’ve seen so far on these is 25% off, but at some point I’m sure they will drop.  I’ve noticed amazons prices tend to reflect their stock levels.  The other day they had. 12 of 42100 in stock and in the UK they were down to approx £325 but when they had just 1 left in stock they were nearer £375

the other consideration is surely local market list price?

On 12/29/2019 at 1:32 AM, paul_delahaye said:

You can pretty much guarantee a 33% saving on amazon uk at some point.

i have been closely watching as I’m waiting to pick up the roller coaster (which I’m yet to see under a 16.5% discount) and I’m also waiting for the two technic sets 42100 and 42110.  Best I’ve seen so far on these is 25% off, but at some point I’m sure they will drop.  I’ve noticed amazons prices tend to reflect their stock levels.  The other day they had. 12 of 42100 in stock and in the UK they were down to approx £325 but when they had just 1 left in stock they were nearer £375

the other consideration is surely local market list price?

roller coaster? 60221? or the smaller creator 3in1 one?

IMO, among Amazon USA, UK and AU, AU and USA usually have the best deals, but not UK.

21 hours ago, ks6349 said:

roller coaster? 60221? or the smaller creator 3in1 one?

Yes, the big one 10261

Smyths Toys in the UK is the best price I've seen at £250 vs List price of £300, but can't find it better.  On amazon, it's often priced higher than Lego own list price.  

It's a close balance between purchasing before it is no longer available for sale and getting the best price.  

1 hour ago, paul_delahaye said:

Yes, the big one 10261

Smyths Toys in the UK is the best price I've seen at £250 vs List price of £300, but can't find it better.  On amazon, it's often priced higher than Lego own list price.  

It's a close balance between purchasing before it is no longer available for sale and getting the best price.  

£250 is not the best price. Here in Asia it's around £210 - £220. 100% Authentic. However, they are usually only sold in small shop by one man bank. I don't know how they can get that cheap.

In fact, I like to buy at small shops in which they look reliable. They don't accept refunds or returns so manipulating the bricks inside sneakily and returning to the shop is not possible. I avoid buying on Amazon unless their price is extraordinary low

Edited by ks6349

I totally agree, I really like to support my local independent toy shop when I can, but often in the UK they don't offer the best prices, so for some of the larger sets I have to wait until I can find a deal. 

It is interesting to see how deals vary so much around the world.

12 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

I totally agree, I really like to support my local independent toy shop when I can, but often in the UK they don't offer the best prices, so for some of the larger sets I have to wait until I can find a deal. 

It is interesting to see how deals vary so much around the world.

But be very careful, there is news and rumor that some local independent toy shops manipulate lego sets i.e sell fake legos. They are NOT selling Lepin, they buy authentic empty but perfect Lego box and put Lepin or other cheaper bricks into it but it's an authentic Lego box. At least one shop we have known so far in Hong Kong and Taiwan is doing this.

Some may doubt, but the fact is ---- We can easily find people selling empty Lego box on the web.

--- They only sell to foreigners and tourists to reduce risk of getting trouble later.

--- Most independent shops trade with cash only. No credit card or debit card possible.

I have been writing email to Lego.com to advise improving the Lego box design so that it's unlikely to open without any obvious damage. But some people who are doing this dirty and sneaky business are trying to fight against my view and intending to take down my voice that you will probably see soon.

You'll never completely stop scammers, and a lot of people collect the boxes (I don't, under most circumstances), so they don't want destroyed ones.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, fred67 said:

You'll never completely stop scammers, and a lot of people collect the boxes (I don't, under most circumstances), so they don't want destroyed ones.

The fact is one shop in Hong Kong / Asia ? is known to manipulated and swap lego bricks inside and sell to tourists

Link to the news (A shop sells lepin bricks but the box is original lego box which was manipulated)

https://card.weibo.com/article/m/show/id/2309404334619846696997

Although it's in Asian language, it's a known fact. You can't turn a blind eye to it because it's not in English or other languages

I have been writing emails to Lego.com and I will keep writing until they improve their 

design of the box that will either break for sure or be never opened, to protect the majority of the honest customers and keep the sneaky theives away

Edited by ks6349

@ks6349 so you want to punish everybody else in every other market that might want to save their boxes because there are some scammers in Asian countries.  I understood perfectly what you wanted, I just don't agree with it.

Whatever LEGO come up with, there will be a way to cheat the packaging.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:33 AM, fred67 said:

@ks6349 so you want to punish everybody else in every other market that might want to save their boxes because there are some scammers in Asian countries.  I understood perfectly what you wanted, I just don't agree with it.

@fred67 Who are you? Who needs your "Agree"??

Edited by ks6349

27 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

@fred67 Who are you? Who needs your "Agree"??

LEGO will need his agreement, if they are going to want to continue selling to him. Personally, I don't want to have to pay higher set prices for better protection against scammer, since we have all the protection we need here. If the set does not contain what it is supposed to contain, we can return it within our consumer rights. All customers here are protected. Why pay more to have a worse product (one that is damaged permanently when opened). Some people like to open their boxes carefully and display them.

My experience in the US with Amazon US is you can get a 20% discount off MSRP on most stuff.  Creator...forget it.  This line rarely/never goes on sale (except some black Friday specials)!  Walmart US on most sets is close to Amazon prices.  Target used to be at Walmart prices but lately has moved back up to MSRP.

I have given up waiting for stuff to go on sale, too impatient.  I purchase what I want and avoid impulse buys on sale items.  Impulse buys has lead me to a bunch of bricks I really didn't need.

As far as clone/fake Lego, purchasing at a store reduces the chances for swapped bricks.  I have never had an issue with Amazon US but have viewed on youtube how easy it is to remove TLG boxing tape and reuse.....basically looking like an unbroken seal.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, LegoDW said:

My experience in the US with Amazon US is you can get a 20% discount off MSRP on most stuff.  Creator...forget it.  This line rarely/never goes on sale (except some black Friday specials)!  Walmart US on most sets is close to Amazon prices.  Target used to be at Walmart prices but lately has moved back up to MSRP.

I have given up waiting for stuff to go on sale, too impatient.  I purchase what I want and avoid impulse buys on sale items.  Impulse buys has lead me to a bunch of bricks I really didn't need.

As far as clone/fake Lego, purchasing at a store reduces the chances for swapped bricks.  I have never had an issue with Amazon US but have viewed on youtube how easy it is to remove TLG boxing tape and reuse.....basically looking like an unbroken seal.

I have compared the prices of Amazon of different regions. Amazon AU often has the best deals. For example. 31093 and 31083, now they are sold at AU 22 and 49 resp.

especially 31093 the best deal ever, approx only 17 USD. Some local shops sell it at 34 USD or more. I've already ordered both of them

Edited by ks6349

On 1/16/2020 at 11:52 AM, ks6349 said:

I have compared the prices of Amazon of different regions. Amazon AU often has the best deals. For example. 31093 and 31083, now they are sold at AU 22 and 49 resp.

especially 31093 the best deal ever, approx only 17 USD. Some local shops sell it at 34 USD or more. I've already ordered both of them

That sounds like two great deals.  When you add in shipping are you still ahead?  

On 1/18/2020 at 7:29 AM, LegoDW said:

That sounds like two great deals.  When you add in shipping are you still ahead?  

still ahead? what does it mean

still ahead getting the sets out of country paying for shipping and import taxes (not sure if you have these) vs purchasing them locally (in US Lego and Amazon will ship most big orders at no additional costs)

Amazon this year briefly sold the Parisian Restaurant for $90. That's probably the cheapest you will ever see that set in any country. 

I've bought a few sets of Ebay here in us and everything came properly sealed and from what I saw they were authentic.   I made offers to the sellers and they agreed.   2 of the sets came with slightly damaged boxes but I did not care

So for for 2020, have not been seeing the discounts on City and Starwars themed sets as in previous years.  The 2019 released stuff is up to 20% of MSRP.  Hopefully will start seeing some discounts on the 2020 releases.  

On 1/20/2020 at 11:54 AM, Maple said:

Amazon this year briefly sold the Parisian Restaurant for $90. That's probably the cheapest you will ever see that set in any country. 

Knowing that $90 for Parisian Restaurant really shocks me. I got this for $130 which was the lowest possible in my country. When did this deal start and end??

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

Knowing that $90 for Parisian Restaurant really shocks me. I got this for $130 which was the lowest possible in my country. When did this deal start and end??

It started at 3am and ended about 15 minutes later. :laugh: Walmart had it for $96 I think and LEGO S@H had it for $112USD. (That's where I bought mine.)

3 hours ago, Maple said:

It started at 3am and ended about 15 minutes later. :laugh: Walmart had it for $96 I think and LEGO S@H had it for $112USD. (That's where I bought mine.)

How could you know this lightning deal? Is there any special setting I can do to my Amazon account so that I will get notified when there is great deal??