ks6349

What to use to wrap LEGO set

In a big toy shop I see that they protect their Lego sets by wrapping with kinds of transparent plastic wrap but I am not sure what they are, I touched it and it was certainly not the kitchen wrap but I really don't know what they are. The customer service was new and she did not know it too they said all sets were wrapped on arrival, maybe done by other department.

I want to wrap some of my Lego sets too because I know I will not have time to play with them in the next 1 or 2 years.

Not too thick, could anyone guess it out?

Why do you need plastic? What sort of adverse storage conditions are you trying to protect them from?

I'd keep them in a cardboard shipping box. Or in a plastic storage box if humidity is poor.

I’m shipping my UCS falcon back to the uk, and to save rebuilding it from scratch, I’ve wrapped all the panels in cling film.  I’ve seen some guys do the same for shows too. Was it some form of industrial version of that?

On 12/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, MAB said:

Why do you need plastic? What sort of adverse storage conditions are you trying to protect them from?

Well, @ks6349 apparently lives in Vietnam - is that right? If so, then there may be some adverse storage conditions due to location on earth. Humidity, temperature ... but who knows.

Best
Thorsten

On 12/16/2019 at 5:08 AM, Toastie said:

Well, @ks6349 apparently lives in Vietnam - is that right? If so, then there may be some adverse storage conditions due to location on earth. Humidity, temperature ... but who knows.

Best
Thorsten

=As I said, I only want to wrap sets that I know I will not play it in the next few years so that I want to wrap them so as to avoid dirt, dust, humid, and yes everything and if in the future I am interested in other newer sets that I no longer want the old set I will sell it away so keeping the box in good condition is my wishes

On 12/16/2019 at 6:16 AM, JRBricks said:

I’ve used this wrap to ship intact sets before with no problems. 

Great Idea that was never thought of until you told

On 12/15/2019 at 5:59 PM, AmperZand said:

Perhaps heavy duty shrink wrap. It’s stronger and stretchier than the household kind but also less clingy.

I've got this kind of heavy duty shrink wrap somewhere nearby. It's yes stronger, but much more clingy than household kind food wrap. After a lot of practices I still need to spend about 10 minutes to wrap a lego box set nicely because it's too clingy