KotZ

MAfia - Day 1 - Take a Look

Just now, JackJonespaw said:

Gosh, maybe I am confused - is it a useless role? I've been out of town for a while now, and I could be misremembering some of the roles. I'll have to do some research and see if I'm confusing things.

For the book club: yeah, pretty useless

For knitting club: they can easily point to the person being "out and about" to frame them for a lynch, or talk a vigilante into targeting the innocent book club member.

So for the person who has the role it's useless but it could be used for nefarious purposes by an enemy.  At least, that's my take on it.  I've also bee out for a while and could have flawed logic :pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, JackJonespaw said:

If Kendall is a member of the knitting club (God forbid!) then coming out and saying she is a compulsive visitor could get her protected during the night, leaving one of our number to get croissainted. And if she's a nice member of the book club, then she's almost certainly singled herself out for a croissant, unless she's protected. At the very least, she's put a target on her back.

I also think this logic is flawed for the same reasons as Miranda noted. Also, I'd rather we protect someone who has a role (appreciating that we don't know who they might be at this stage).

15 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Let this not be construed as a defense of Kendal Kendyll Candel Kendall, but I think she is referring to a story that you wrote featuring a short-lived Vulcan. Per her claim she seems to be a compulsive Peeping Tom  (or maybe she's a lying Jester) :def_shrug: but claiming this early indicates she may worry there is a tracker or watcher in our milieu. But why would you a priori guess we have one of those if we are only eight to begin with?

If Kendall is a compulsive visitor, then isn't logical to assume hat there would be a watcher type of role amongst us?  If there is no-one out there to watch her do her compulsive visiting, she may as well be vanilla townie.

23 minutes ago, Kristel said:

If Kendall is a compulsive visitor, then isn't logical to assume hat there would be a watcher type of role amongst us?  If there is no-one out there to watch her do her compulsive visiting, she may as well be vanilla townie.

Exactly. That or I'm lying lol.

28 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Yes, it is possible. But her role may also function as a "named townie"

4 hours ago, JackJonespaw said:

I will admit, I find Becky's point here strong, but...gosh, I don't know. 

Definitely feeling like this is voting for voting's sake, which I'm never in love with. Something about Kendall's actions just rub me the wrong way.

So Becky has a good point but you just don't know? But still something about Kentdale Kyndyle Kendall rubs you the wrong way? It seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

8 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

So Becky has a good point but you just don't know? But still something about Kentdale Kyndyle Kendall rubs you the wrong way? It seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

If I - and I believe now that I have - misunderstood the importance of Kendall's role, then what I said then isn't as important.

Basically, I'm never a fan of voting someone out the first day, because it's almost never a baddie, regardless of who it is. Doubly so with a smaller amount of people. However, that doesn't mean I don't have suspicions of my own. 

5 minutes ago, JackJonespaw said:

Basically, I'm never a fan of voting someone out the first day, because it's almost never a baddie, regardless of who it is. Doubly so with a smaller amount of people. However, that doesn't mean I don't have suspicions of my own. 

My vote for Hinckley was a joke vote, and I assumed it would be perceived as such.

Alright, looks like we have about 9 hours left.  I have a cold, so I better vote before I pass out here.

There are a few people that are rather quiet, which is concerning.  However, I don't think that's enough for a vote against them right now.

Somebody who has caught my eye as very suspicious though

• Role claim as a first post
  • Voting on someone for no apparent reason, when questioned about it says it was a joke and everyone should have know
  • Constantly beating the dead horse about her role being useless
  • Nothing of substance being said, but lots of words

Vote: Kendall Kane (Trekkie99)

21 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Role claim as a first post

If you were to assume my claim is true, why should I have not claimed?

23 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Voting on someone for no apparent reason, when questioned about it says it was a joke and everyone should have know

Again, it's day one, I don't wanna get penalized, and yes, it was a joke because that's the only thing it could be. There's no basis for the vote, and none was needed since it wasn't done for the purpose of achieving a lynch, but to avoid being penalized.

28 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Constantly beating the dead horse about her role being useless

Because there's nothing else to say about my role.

40 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Nothing of substance being said, but lots of words

Uh...HAM SANDWICH! :def_shrug:

44 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

If you were to assume my claim is true, why should I have not claimed?

I do not think your claim is true .

Voting is never a joke. Never.

12 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'm going to vote for Karen, Since she is clearly not paying attention to what I was saying!

I don't read this as a joke and, as Miranda said, voting for a real person is never a joke. If I wanted to joke, I might say Vote: Jack Kerouac. But never for someone in this situation.

I'm going to Vote: Becky Carroll (Bob) because she's been a little too quiet, especially seeing as she inserted herself into the discussion of Kendall's claim yet hasn't come back to discuss it further.

6 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I do not think your claim is true.

I asked why I shouldn't have claimed.

Not whether or not my claim is true.

You stated "Role claim as a first post" as a reason for why you voted for me. Defend your reason.

1 minute ago, jimmynick said:

I don't read this as a joke and, as Miranda said, voting for a real person is never a joke. If I wanted to joke, I might say Vote: Jack Kerouac. But never for someone in this situation.

You chopped that up a wee bit. Why would you leave out the "SMH"?

Here's the full thing. 

So like, no hard feelings or whatever, but I'm going to vote for Karen, Since she is clearly not paying attention to what I was saying! SMH! :hmpf:

Vote: Becky Carroll (Bob) because voting is compulsory and she is the one that comes to mind.

Ah geez, the day's almost over, and since voting is required...I Vote: Kendall Kane (Trekkie99). 

4 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I asked why I shouldn't have claimed.

Not whether or not my claim is true.

How about this - why specifically did you claim? Oh, yeah -

On 11/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, Trekkie99 said:

Cause like I have this thing that doesn't really help us, and could actually cause confusion! So like why keep it a secret ya know?

Unfortunately, that's the only thing that it has done. And as useless a role as it is, by claiming you have it you removed a target off of your back and placed it on one of the rest of us - and it could be someone with a really useful role.

I don't think it was a good move to come out and say it first thing. 

Gosh, what a day.

Vote Tally
Karen McMillan (Hinckley) - 1 vote (Trekkie99)
Kendall Kane (Trekkie99) - 2 votes (Darkdragon, Jackjonespaw)
Becky Carroll (Bob) - 2 votes (jimmynick, Kristel)
Non-voters: Hinckley, fhomess, bob

The day has ended with a no-lynch. The 3 nonvoting players will each start with 5 penalty votes tomorrow.