RyszardBosiak

[MOC] M-Tron Space Train

Hi!

This is my first MOC in space theme. I wanted to build something different in that area.
What is your first thought when you are thinking about space? Probably spaceship or some kind of space headquarters somewhere on the foreign planet.
But today I want to present you something little different - M-Tron train.
There are 4 different modules in whole train. Please find below short description of these elements:

• Engine-driver cockpit - this is the place where main operator has everything what is needed to steer that machine. What is important there are always one of the beginning and the second of the end of the train. Cabine can be open from both sides.
  • Power source - one of the most important element of the all train. If you want to ride, you need to have full batteries. Couple of outputs are directly calibrated with power inputs from engine-driver cockpit. This is a part of engine-driver cockpit, but it can be switched easily, because it has independece wheels only for that element. Engineers have some tools to make necessary maintenance.
  • Passenger wagon - place for brave space pioneers and robots. Passengers can jump in from both sides.
  • Freight wagon - place for other kind of stuff, which is necessary for take lots of different actions on foreign area.

You can add or remove Passenger and Freight wagons, but two first modules are obligatory.
Do you have an idea for additional kinds of wagons? Please let me know in comments!

48946942418_47ddd667ff_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946941818_c3a9a90770_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947682222_25442e489a_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947682682_99e57232b4_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487726_bacecc250b_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487706_11605db62f_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947682592_e04ef0c3e7_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946942308_75dd37b3b5_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487611_da04cbbc24_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487526_bf868b083d_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946942203_933945b681_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946942148_b0bc036759_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487416_4f39751e36_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946942043_eecefcf13e_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487266_598a815a7f_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48947487281_9134728efe_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946941963_6b328dbf44_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946941928_4c7313408f_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

48946941923_d331e7f4d3_h.jpgM-Tron Space Train by Ryszard Bosiak, on Flickr

If you like my project please support my idea here:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f202a55e-19bc-4b60-bcf7-4ea862bd2e06

Thank you!

Wow, that´s really amazing, nice job! :thumbup:

Do you have an idea for additional kinds of wagons? Please let me know in comments!

If I remember correctly M-Tron was also meant as a rescue Team, so an emergency wagon or a first aid container should probably work well!

Since this was a theme I loved as a child, I always like to see MOC's like this!
Overall, I really like the design of this train.  The color scheme and most of the style is very true to the classic M-Tron design.
For some reason, I have always been partial to simple rail transportation systems in the LEGO Space setting!

I will offer a few critiques:
---The pod design for the train engineer is an apparent reference to classic Blacktron 2, so I would prefer to see a design that more closely represents the cockpits seen on classic M-Tron ships instead.  This is mostly just personal opinion, though, since I consider the removable pilot pods to be a distinguishing feature of Blacktron 2 specifically.

---As nice as I think the cars look, the design with black hinged plates for the doors on the cars will not physically work with the hinge method you used.  The inside corners of the doors will collide too much to allow the doors to close when open or open when closed.  Whichever way they are built, they will become locked.  I do not know if this is an issue for you if you never build it with real bricks, but it is a design consideration I like to see even for digital builds that they could be built in reality.  The doors might work if they are only 1-stud thick, since the tolerance of bricks may be enough to allow the doors to close with a hinge design like this.  There is still interference opening or closing the doors even with doors only 1-stud thick.  If you try to use the hinge tool in LDD for opening these doors, it will jump from fully closed directly to the point where the bricks no longer collide due to interference issues.

I opened your thread expecting another run-off-the-mill space train design and was really delighted to see something so nicely and boldly different. I really like it! The doors may not physically work, but I am sure there is an easy fix for that.:classic:

@Laddie, thank you. Good point rescue team - I will try to do create something in that area.

@Slegengr and @Littleworlds thank you for your consctructive critique. It is always welcome. I'm totally agree, virtual model needs to be fully working set.I will try to do something with door. Of course when I will fix that issue I will send a new renders.

Have a nice weekend!