Update 2.6 has been released.

Whats new:

- Redesigned the interface of some parts of the program.

- Fixed errors that occurred when creating connections.

- Fixed the work of binding profile hubs.

- Added a new type of operation "Timer rotation" (Allows you to control the rotation of the motor for a specified time).

- Redesigned the "Joystick" element (now it allows you to change values along two axes. You can select the operation mode of the joystick in its settings, by default the two-axis mode is set when creating).

- Added display of the final angle on the "Servo" operation settings screen when creating a connection.

- Added a parameter to configure the "Press mode" of the "Button", "Buttons", "Toggle" elements (now you can configure the events that the button generates. At the "Down" event, a value is transmitted, at the "Up" event, a return to the initial position is sent or  stop rotation This option will allow you to create new types of connections (eg revolving mechanism)).

- Changed behavior of the "Switch" element in the "Construction Equipment" theme.

- The "Joystick" element in the "Construction equipment" theme has been improved.

- In the profile editor, when starting a profile test, a warning screen has been added if the hubs of the profile are not connected or the hubs have not been added to the profile.

- Added a new theme "Aura".

- Added support for motor 88011 "Train Motor".

Edited by _Ozzee_

14 hours ago, _Ozzee_ said:

Update 2.6 has been released.

Whats new:

- Redesigned the interface of some parts of the program.

- Fixed errors that occurred when creating connections.

- Fixed the work of binding profile hubs.

- Added a new type of operation "Timer rotation" (Allows you to control the rotation of the motor for a specified time).

- Redesigned the "Joystick" element (now it allows you to change values along two axes. You can select the operation mode of the joystick in its settings, by default the two-axis mode is set when creating).

- Added display of the final angle on the "Servo" operation settings screen when creating a connection.

- Added a parameter to configure the "Press mode" of the "Button", "Buttons", "Toggle" elements (now you can configure the events that the button generates. At the "Down" event, a value is transmitted, at the "Up" event, a return to the initial position is sent or  stop rotation This option will allow you to create new types of connections (eg revolving mechanism)).

- Changed behavior of the "Switch" element in the "Construction Equipment" theme.

- The "Joystick" element in the "Construction equipment" theme has been improved.

- In the profile editor, when starting a profile test, a warning screen has been added if the hubs of the profile are not connected or the hubs have not been added to the profile.

- Added a new theme "Aura".

- Added support for motor 88011 "Train Motor".

nice update thank you!
pity can't still set two different speeds for two set of buttons for drive and brake (as could do with the old version)
but at least now i could set again the icon of the button...

6 hours ago, Doug72 said:

This might be useful for anyone wanting to replace batteries in PU hubs etc.

A USB 9V power - box unit to replace the batteries.

See this link to PV Productions.

https://pv-productions.com/product/usb-power-box/

They also have various extension and adaptor cables for PU hobs etc.

Wow! This is very interesting. Especially as a less bulky alternative to the PF AA battery box.

_Ozzee_
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for this app (are you a developer of it or a tester, though? :) ) It works like a charm with angular motors, including latest 45607 small angular motor, which should really help with MOCs as a small servo-motor (actual size is 3x5x4 studs, by the way). Tested it with small and large technic hubs, 88009 and 88012.
If only it could've support Buwizz 3.0 (using iOS version currently). Well, I just hope it will be supported in the future :)

Edited by Gorkron

32 minutes ago, Gorkron said:

It works like a charm with angular motors, including latest 45607 small angular motor, which should really help with MOCs as a small servo-motor

I’d be interested in that one, can you share a bit more? Did you test it with a technic hub? Did you actually build something with it? How powerful is it? Could it be used for steering in a medium or larger MOC, or is it weak for such a purpose? Thanks!

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

I’d be interested in that one, can you share a bit more? Did you test it with a technic hub? Did you actually build something with it? How powerful is it? Could it be used for steering in a medium or larger MOC, or is it weak for such a purpose? Thanks!

Well, everything you asked are good questions indeed, heh. I'll try to rebuild my 8448 Super Street Sensation with this angular motor for a steering and C+ L-motor to move this model.

- Did you test it with a technic hub?
Like I said, I tested it with 
88009 Hub (small one with 2 C+ inputs) and 88012 Technic Hub (large one with 4 C+ inputs). It works, but I noticed there might be a glitch in a motor when motor shaft keeps spinning in one direction constantly. But honestly, I noticed it with a linear medium motor and with C+ L-XL motors as well. It can be unstable in any application I used so far (Lego, Buwizz app, Controlz app).

- How powerful is it?
Well, I don't think it's that powerfull at all, to be honest - shaft can be moved by a hand fairly easily, but I'm not an expert in this field. If it will be able to move the 8448 wheels - that's powerfull enough as a servo motor for me :)

PS: I recorded a small test with a recent MOC (designed by JamesJT, I just motorized it
) where I used C+ L motor for steering. Just a quick swap and a new motor was set to 80% of its max power and speed (in controlz app settings):

Edited by Gorkron
More info and a test case for gyenesvi

1 hour ago, Gorkron said:

Like I said, I tested it with 88009 Hub

Sorry I missed that one, I thought that's the large 6-port Mindstorms hub. Good to know it works with it.

1 hour ago, Gorkron said:

If it will be able to move the 8448 wheels - that's powerfull enough as a servo motor for me :)

Yeah, that would be enough, although I have doubts (especially on outdoor terrain, not on a flat surface), but let's see, let me know how it goes! Thanks!

1 minute ago, gyenesvi said:

Sorry I missed that one, I thought that's the large 6-port Mindstorms hub. Good to know it works with it.

Yeah, that would be enough, although I have doubts (especially on outdoor terrain, not on a flat surface), but let's see, let me know how it goes! Thanks!

I just updated my previous post with a video, you should check it.

especially on outdoor terrain
Yeah, that might be a problem, especially with a small hub. I used old 1.5V 6xAAA alkalines in my test, though. Ni-Zn 1.6V batteries might be needed for a better performance after all :)

47 minutes ago, Gorkron said:

I just updated my previous post with a video, you should check it.

Oh thanks, that's actually promising. Why did you limit it to 80% power/speed?

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Oh thanks, that's actually promising. Why did you limit it to 80% power/speed?

Well, I guess I just feared it will be like C+ L-motor as servo once when it ripped several parts (it was with a full powered buwizz 3.0 though, had to limit it power output hard after that). Well, new one worked like a charm even with default 50%, so that's very promising indeed. Besides, I tested it later with 1.6V Ni-Zn at 90% and got a much higher speed and power, naturally.
I tried to set it up in official lego PU app and it seems it can work in theory, but doesn't center properly, just twitch like crazy. I still try to figure it out but it seems like it's problematic, partially supported and it's hard to set it up in official app, classic /s

PS: PyBricks method with customized code flash works perfectly fine for this new servo, so that's a win.
PPS: It works with Technic Hub 88012 via Powered Up app as well, not fully functional (can't return to center) with 88009 until Lego release microcode update for it, unfortunately.

Edited by Gorkron
added a video with new servo motor in action, more testing

iOS Controlz update 1.0.7 is now available.

Bug fixes that caused the app to crash.
Added the ability to sort and pin profiles.
Redesigned connection manager.
Added checking the relevance of firmware hubs.
Redesigned training for new users.

Edited by _Ozzee_

Android Controlz update 2.7 is now available.

Bug fixes that caused the app to crash.
Added the ability to sort and pin profiles.
Redesigned connection manager.
Added checking the relevance of firmware hubs.
Redesigned training for new users.

@_Ozzee_ i just updated but the now app crashes at launch... :/
there is any log that i can send you to understand the causes?
meanwhile how can i revert to the previous version?
where can i get the apk?
thanks

1 hour ago, leonema said:

@_Ozzee_ i just updated but the now app crashes at launch... :/
there is any log that i can send you to understand the causes?
meanwhile how can i revert to the previous version?
where can i get the apk?
thanks

I am very sorry that this happened.

In the previous version, there was a bug when saving profiles, which led to an error in writing data.

It appeared quite rarely, but some users encountered this error.

It is enough to clear the cache and data of the application for it to start working.

I strongly recommend that you save profiles to your device using the share function.

Edited by _Ozzee_

ok, so, i deleted the cache and the data
and actually could launch the app
but (of course) now my profile is gone...

i tried to restore the backup i made few days ago
but it says "the file is not a profile controlz"

there is a way to convert it for the new version?
thanks

so, well, just decided to make a new profile to solve everything fast... and also made already a backup

i saw that in the hub window there is a number (1.1) at top left corner
guess it's the version of the firmware...

but now i've a question, how do i check if there are update available?

i uninstalled the lego app because doesn't recognize anymore the model 42124 because i added 2 extra lights at ports C & D and so became useless...

2 hours ago, leonema said:

so, well, just decided to make a new profile to solve everything fast... and also made already a backup

i saw that in the hub window there is a number (1.1) at top left corner
guess it's the version of the firmware...

but now i've a question, how do i check if there are update available?

i uninstalled the lego app because doesn't recognize anymore the model 42124 because i added 2 extra lights at ports C & D and so became useless...

Controlz downloads the latest firmware versions from the our server.  If the versions are received, then the “update” button will appear on the hub management page on the hub, but the application will offer you to use the Lego application for firmware.  Since I do not have the ability to flash the hub, and there is also no access to the firmware files.  

You would help me a lot if you could share your profile backups.  I would identify the location that was causing the error and also be able to recover them for you.  You can send files to developer@controlz.pro with your forum nickname.

I'm currently working on a complete overhaul of profile storage.  In future versions, migrating between versions will be absolutely safe.  Once again I apologize, it is very difficult to keep track of all the changes in the code.

36 minutes ago, _Ozzee_ said:

Controlz downloads the latest firmware versions from the our server.  If the versions are received, then the “update” button will appear on the hub management page on the hub, but the application will offer you to use the Lego application for firmware.  Since I do not have the ability to flash the hub, and there is also no access to the firmware files.  

You would help me a lot if you could share your profile backups.  I would identify the location that was causing the error and also be able to recover them for you.  You can send files to developer@controlz.pro with your forum nickname.

I'm currently working on a complete overhaul of profile storage.  In future versions, migrating between versions will be absolutely safe.  Once again I apologize, it is very difficult to keep track of all the changes in the code.

oh, very nice! at the moment, don't know why, can't link the lego default app to the hub, even if i turn on the location service the icon on the app keeps to stay grey...
even chatted with the lego support and waiting the answer for the technic team...

i'm not sure if is the latest file because unfortunately i deleled all backups but found one in the mobile and already sent you by mail... 

don't worry, don't need any apologize, instead, thank you very much for your work with this amazing app!!!

With the release of version 2.7, a bug appeared for some users when loading profiles.  This bug was related to the previous version of the program and was fixed in 2.7, but the data in some profiles was already corrupted and the loader from the new version worked with an error.  I made changes to the profile loader so that it tries to load what is recoverable and does not crash the program.  The update has already been uploaded and is currently being tested.  In the next update, I plan to deprecate the current scheme for storing and loading profiles.  The next update 2.8 will already use a new profile storage system, which will be much safer than the current one and such cases should not occur.  I apologize for the inconvenience to those who encountered the problem.

For some reason I can't connect to my Technic Hubs anymore, while it worked fine last week. I think I noticed a Controlz app update in between (I'm on Android). I already removed hubs in app, cleared cache and app storage and restarted my phone but no luck so far. Keeps 'Searching...'. Tested the official Lego app and it connects to the same hub right away so the hub is working fine. Anyone else facing this? It worked perfectly well last week (and every other time over the past year I've been using this app) using the same hub so I think something in the last app update caused this for me?

7 hours ago, Marno said:

For some reason I can't connect to my Technic Hubs anymore, while it worked fine last week. I think I noticed a Controlz app update in between (I'm on Android). I already removed hubs in app, cleared cache and app storage and restarted my phone but no luck so far. Keeps 'Searching...'. Tested the official Lego app and it connects to the same hub right away so the hub is working fine. Anyone else facing this? It worked perfectly well last week (and every other time over the past year I've been using this app) using the same hub so I think something in the last app update caused this for me?

Hello, you probably have android 12. All users are faced with the problem of finding hubs, because in android 12 the requirements for finding bluetooth devices have changed.  The problem has already been identified and fixed.  An update will be released soon to fix this issue.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:59 PM, _Ozzee_ said:

Hello, you probably have android 12. All users are faced with the problem of finding hubs, because in android 12 the requirements for finding bluetooth devices have changed.  The problem has already been identified and fixed.  An update will be released soon to fix this issue. 

Thanks for the response! Yeah that's right I'm using Android 12 on Pixel 6. But just last week (before updating the Controlz app) it was working fine on this very same phone/OS version. Good to know an update is incoming, looking forward to it!

Edit: just tried the beta and it works!

Edited by Marno
added beta test feedback