Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bjorn

[Factions Ep. 3] [Aqualish - Q15 - Ando] [Q15 - Ando - TT] Ando Alliances

*Your entry has earned 5 XP*

1280x853.jpg

Mission Log from Cdr. Bannon: My first orders after the rendezvous at Nixor was to negotiate an alliance with the Aqualish of Ando. Ever since they joined the separatists during the Clone Wars, the Aqualish has been recovering as a species. We are offering them an alliance that will position their world as the uncontested capital of the sector. With some assistance the Aqualish will make a strong strategic ally of the Imperial Triumvirate, and an excellent workforce…

Species: Aqualish (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Aqualish)

latest?cb=20171218153304

///

So this was a really interesting and challenging build. The seabed is supposed to match the colors of the planet Ando (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ando/Legends). The building is an back entrance to one of the Ando cities, standing on metal stilts in the water. Besides the water, everything is SNOT...

Spoiler

1280x960.jpg

Full view without editing...

1280x960.jpg

The eroded stilts...

1280x960.jpg

New alliances...

1280x960.jpg

Top down view...

1280x960.jpg

Doorway and small fountain...

Edited by goatman461

Ah, one of the SW aliens I really wish Lego would make. I really like your build. But I'm not convinced the spider head works for an Aqualish. 

A brilliant build all round! Love the colours under the trans tiles and the eroded stilts. The structure on top is simple but conveys the cityscape well, I especially like the use of the larger curved tiles around the entrance.

But the highlight for me, as trivial as it might seem, is using the 1x1 round tile with the pip on top of the fez to make the hat on the Nemoidian, genius! I'm always looking for ways to make better minifig accessories and this is such a great design!

Did realise until I re-read your post that everything here is SNOT. A really neat build. There's a touch of Kirby design here, like Thor Ragnarok.

@MKJoshA I agree! I wish they (lego) would make more of the generic alien species heads, like Aqualish. Ponda Baba would be a good start... I actually feel the spiderhead is pretty close - four eyes, tusks and some fur... But that's always a matter of oppinion right? :wink:

Thanks guys - It's really hard to find Ando architecture, but since it's a water world (largely) I felt this would fit the bill...