Sign in to follow this  
Farseer Petriel

[MOC] The Tower of Ernst and Isabella

Hello Eurobricks again!

May I introduce my new MOC set in the same gaslamp fantasy universe as Fean Walker, albeit in a different, preceding era. Behold the Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Brother and Sister!

48802973292_1d1f3f599e_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Somewhere in space, there is a far world where WW1 technology co-exists with fantasy creatures and magic. And it has been already sieged for centuries by demonic armies. The human kingdom of Katzenhausen is one of the mightiest powers that can fight them. Queen Isolda has not only well armed troops, but a superweapon against the Legions of Hell - Ernst and Isabella. Brother and Sister, the legendary demon hunters. Their powerful violet magic burns the demonic flesh, and the invisible Field gives the ability to read thoughts of each other and fight as one,

Katzenhausen Castle is the majestic white-stone residence of the Queen. Few people know that one of its towers only at first glance does not differ from the other ones. After all, Isabella and Ernst live there, returning in between the fights to rest and think over the plan for upcoming battles. And no one can get inside without the permission of Sister and Brother - no demon, no human, no elf and no other creature. That's because the tower is bewitched - all of its rooms are actually located in a pocket dimension. This is made to secure Ernst and Isabella against the demons - and, possibly, against the humans of Katzenhausen who are suspicious against the violet mages...

The tower reaches 75 cm in height and 18 cm in width:

48802973522_e549362b91_b.jpgThe Tower Size by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Its architecture is heavily based on one tower (second right, to be precise) of French Château de Chambord that was designed by great Leonardo da Vinci:

1920px-Chambord_Castle_Northwest_facade.jpg

Chambord is a magnificent example of Renaissance architecture combining classical and gothic elements. And I found it very fitting to represent Katzenhausen Castle, the residence of kings built near the Writers' Lake.

The LEGO tower is a bit thinner and longer. It is built using the same pattern as in 4707 set (2001 Hagrid's Hut) - corner plates are placed together at the angle of 45 degrees.

48802832826_253a54255e_b.jpgIsabella and Ernst near the Tower by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Here are some side views:

48802836171_d95f742fff_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Side View 1 by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

48802489498_550d6c5179_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Side View 2 by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The round balcony stands atop three floors of the tower.

48802835341_86dd7ce538_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Third Floor Balcony by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Isolda I Vuzurro, Queen of Katzenhausen, stands on the balcony of her castle:

48802835236_cbc180d372_b.jpgQueen Isolda on the balcony by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The chimneys of the tower look like they are separate towers on their own:

48802976102_10aff1b11f_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Roof with Chimneys by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The roof has two large, intricately detailed skylights:

48802833211_461d9941c0_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Roof Windows by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The tall spire crowns the entire tower:

48802833061_ee38f8d08f_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Spire by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

After the battles with demons, Brother and Sister like to spend time together - looking at serene water of Writers' Lake from the balcony, for example.

48802974177_c7e95d3b6d_b.jpgErnst and Isabella on the balcony by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Sometimes they meet Ernst's old friend, now-Queen Isolda Vuzurro.

48802486223_b87096ae36_b.jpgQueen Isolda, Ernst and Isabella on the balcony by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The interior of the tower contains the kitchen, the library, the bedroom and the attic. It is inaccesible for no one but Isabella and Ernst themselves and their guests because it is actually located in another dimension. But, as you can see, some demons found a way to infiltrate the tower...

48802488468_ba45ae7656_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella Interior by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The basement of the tower is narrow, and there are some treasures, a rat and (hopefully, demonic) bones...

48802488323_5698deb403_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Basement by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The kitchen is on the first floor:

48802834641_27a74ed27e_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Kitchen (First Floor) by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The clock hangs on the wall of the kitchen. Magical gas lamps provide the light:

48802834606_a9c8026e4d_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Kitchen Clock by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Ernst, Isabella and their friend Queen Isolda sometimes drink tea in the tower's kitchen:

48802975772_8fc1b98f99_b.jpgIsabella, Queen Isolda and Ernst in the kitchen by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The kitchen has a vintage, steampunk-looking stove with a pipe.

48802975737_8e3552b9e4_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Kitchen Stove by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Ernst and Isabella make different food with their stove:

48802487998_90dae73e9d_b.jpgIsabella and Ernst are cooking in the stove by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

A mischievous imp stole chicken legs from Ernst and Isabella, but they quickly spotted the thief:

48802834371_11a783515d_b.jpgDemon hunters chase a mischievous imp by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The library is located on the second floor:

48802834296_782085e23e_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Library (Second Floor) by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The bookshelves contain lots of literature about demons and anti-demon magic. The famous PANDAEMONIUM, where various species of demons are described, is located there.

48802487808_950635f5b2_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Library Bookshelves by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Isabella is reading a book about demons while Ernst is writing about their last fight against armies of Hell.

48802974527_ef06852982_b.jpgIsabella and Ernst in the library by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The third floor stores the bedroom of Ernst and Isabella:

48802487558_89f424bc23_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Bedroom (Third Floor) by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The bedroom has a wardrobe, a bed and a staff holder:

48802833931_e81ba16c47_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Bedroom by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The bed is enormous and comfortable, and demon hunters sleep there together. No Lannister-type subtext here - Ernst and Isabella cannot have children because of their not-so-really-human nature, but like to be together due to their magical bond with the Field:

48802833851_7bc48c21ed_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Bed by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Good night, demon hunters!

48802487353_7d50015bcd_b.jpgIsabella and Ernst peacefully sleeping by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

This holder bears two magical staves with amethyst crystals that amplify the power of Isabella and Ernst:

48802487138_5ee071f36d_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Staff Holder by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Brother and Sister prepare for their mission.

48802833651_4325903929_b.jpgErnst and Isabella take their magic staves by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The chandelier lights the bedroom:

48802974927_0f9cb58970_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Chandelier by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The tower has a tall and massive attic:

48802486988_1e84debb4b_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Attic by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

The roof inside is inhabited by spiders and bats. No one knows how they got into the pocket dimension of the tower!

The tower's attic is full of magical artifacts and things that were important in Brother and Sister's lives before they manifested their powers.

48802974842_ba5697dfed_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Attic by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

There is a fireplace in the attic (and a stuffed baby dragon too):

48802833491_29a16053f3_b.jpgThe Tower of Ernst and Isabella, Attic Fireplace by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Demons invade the attic. Probably, they appeared through a portal in some book...

48802486808_5de09f49e3_b.jpgDemons invade the attic by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Ultimately, Ernst and Isabella learned about the inursion and stopped the hellish invaders:

48802974692_1dde472a5c_b.jpgDemon hunters fight the demons by Farseer Eldar, on Flickr

Thank you for watching and reading! I hope you like this MOC and its concepts and lore. I would also like to hear some feedback and criticism to find out strong and weak sides of my works.

More photos can be seen in my Flickr album!

Edited by Farseer Petriel

Wow! It looks awesome! I like violet interior. The library is mysterious, and I like it. 

The attic is so funny, just look at the book in cauldron - this is the real cooking book now))

The original tower is much fatter, but for your tower it's ok. But, they are similar!)

Looking forward to see your new MOCs))

Edited by ShishOK

Thank you, ShishOK, for positive feedback!

6 minutes ago, ShishOK said:

Wow! It looks awesome! I like violet interior. The library is mysterious, and I like it. 

That's a magical tower, after all. By the way, all interior is purely my fantasy, and it intentionally has some furniture from my previous works set in the same universe.

The attic is so funny, just look at the book in cauldron - this is the real cooking book now))

I like you appreciate this finding. I had another chest in the original LDD concept but later saw the cauldron from Hogwarts Great Hall and decided that it will be much funnier.

The original tower is much fatter, but for your tower it's ok. But, they are similar!)

I even like the new form better, as it gives more magical and gothic impression.

Looking forward to see your new MOCs))

I hope they will arrive some time!

Edited by Farseer Petriel

This looks great! I love the details and the usage of the old torsos. I’d love to see the tower on some terrain, I think it would really elevate it.

Thank you, KotZ!

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

I’d love to see the tower on some terrain, I think it would really elevate it.

I didn't think about this, because this tower is a part of the greater castle, and it would take really LOTS of bricks to make it. And in reality, there is water around it:

Картинки по запросу chambord

So, the only option in my eyes is to build how the tower's surroundings look in another dimension, and I'll need many trees with violet leaves for this landscape.