Brick-Wombat

MOC Starcraft Battlecruiser

Starcraft has remained one of my favorite strategy games, and I don't think there's a more iconic ship in the game than the battlecruiser. 

This was built at the 1:2600 scale, which I've become rather enamored with after building Kristof's Venator Destroyer (as seen on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18951/KristofPucejdl/venator-class-republic-attack-cruiser/#info)

Time will tell if I build this IRL. I don't think all the pieces are available in the colors shown below.

LEGO Starcraft Battlecruiser MOC

Spoiler

Thank you.

For perspective, I put it next to Kristof's Venator. The Battlecruiser comes in at roughly half the length, 560m vs 1137m. Despite being from different universes, I always love to see ship size comparisons. 

1:2600 scale size comparison

That looks delightful. Since it's from StarCraft, how hard is it to swap the colors? In case you were blue, grey, purple or pink in game. :)

On 9/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Xelveki said:

That looks delightful. Since it's from StarCraft, how hard is it to swap the colors? In case you were blue, grey, purple or pink in game. :)

In LDD or Stud.io it's two button clicks. In real life, the ingots will be a problem.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=99563#T=C&C=77

They don't come in a lot of colors, but I suppose those could be easily swapped out with 1x2 tiles. 

Great build, true to the spirit of the original. Brilliantly done! :thumbup:

How many parts are we talking for this, and what would it roughly cost to get them?

On 9/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, Darnok said:

Great build, true to the spirit of the original. Brilliantly done! :thumbup:

How many parts are we talking for this, and what would it roughly cost to get them?

695 pieces currently.

A cursory look at BrickLink showed $170 before shipping and handling.

Looks terrific, that's the smallest one I've seen. Usually they're much bigger to try to get the accurate shape, so this one is better.

Has it researched Yamato Cannon?

17 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Looks terrific, that's the smallest one I've seen. Usually they're much bigger to try to get the accurate shape, so this one is better.

Has it researched Yamato Cannon?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I ran out of vespene gas. ;)