Sérgio

[MOC] Stadler/Vossloh Euro 4000 - Medway Matilde

The Stadler Euro (known as the Vossloh Euro until 2015) is a class of diesel-electric locomotives built by Stadler Rail for the European market. It is available in two basic variants, the four-axle Euro 3000, and the six-axle Euro 4000. These locomotives are powered by EMD710 Engines

This particular model is my interpertation/atempt of E5033 Series, since "Cp Carga" change to "Medway" this was the first Locomotive who reveal the new color scheme, Medway baptize the locomotives with girls names, this one is "Matilde" 

Is powered by 2 L Motors, i try to make the top fans spin, connect some how to the gears, but after several hours I quit that idea.

This was make on LDD, improved on Stud.io, the decals made with PartDesign.

7wide, 1256 parts, 48studs long.

LEGO - Euro4000, MEDWAY E5033 Matilde

LEGO - Euro4000, MEDWAY E5033 Matilde

LEGO - Stadler Euro4000 Medway Matilde

medway_Euro4000_Matilde.jpg

Nice looking locomotive - a bulky beast indeed :thumbup:

Instead of using plain yellow bricks behind the big "MEDWAY" maybe use yellow Bricks, Modified 1 x 2 with Grille?

PartDesigner has no problem with a decal over several elements and follows the surface of said elements, even grilles :classic:

Edited by dtomsen

Wow, this one is - as all your MOCs - regardless of built in bricks or rendered from a surely complex LDD model. Simply incredible!

I believe the "perspective settings" (if there are any, I am just guessing; other programs do have that) either in the rendereing or modeling framework was not set, is that possible? Simply due to the length of the model, the linear perspective is not that favorable. IMHO only!

The model is very nice!

Best
Thorsten

13 hours ago, dtomsen said:

PartDesigner has no problem with a decal over several elements and follows the surface of said elements, even grilles :classic:

I did not even know the decals were an available feature yet! Thanks for mentioning that. 

19 hours ago, dtomsen said:

Nice looking locomotive - a bulky beast indeed :thumbup:

Instead of using plain yellow bricks behind the big "MEDWAY" maybe use yellow Bricks, Modified 1 x 2 with Grille?

Thank You,

Almost all the side of the model is a SNOT 6x12 plate + 6x14plate with Tiles and Wedges, Not Bricks, this was my solution to have room to a Technic structure and PF elements, so I don't have room to make a "brickwall"

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very sleek design and amazing three axle boogie! :wub:

I like the chrome fans on the roof and the nose of this locomotive! :thumbup:

You are very prolific at this time! :wink:

The chrome was by accident, but I will keep it that way :)

Thank You :)

12 hours ago, Toastie said:

Wow, this one is - as all your MOCs - regardless of built in bricks or rendered from a surely complex LDD model. Simply incredible!

I believe the "perspective settings" (if there are any, I am just guessing; other programs do have that) either in the rendereing or modeling framework was not set, is that possible? Simply due to the length of the model, the linear perspective is not that favorable. IMHO only!

The model is very nice!

Best
Thorsten

Thank You,

I notice that to, for some reason (IDK why), sometimes the Stud.io have some odd perspective, the far parts are larger than it was supposed to be. I try to correct with some photo editing, but I'm noob at photo editing :P

6 hours ago, sed6 said:

I did not even know the decals were an available feature yet! Thanks for mentioning that. 

Yes Part Designer its a great feature, I'm still learning how to use it :)