Francis Marion

Pirate RPG, anyone?

I was wondering if anyone would like a LEGO Pirate RPG (Role Playing Game) for this forum. I have noticed that there is a Castle one. I'd be willing to make the map, and we could follow generally the same way to play.

The last time we attempted an RPG in the Pirate Forum it went terribly out of hand and as a result it was cancelled. So if you're planning to start another one you better have well defined rules and be dedicated to enforcing them.

There seems to be little movement in regards to this RPG, is that a sign of lack of interest?

Any progress on the rules?

I think we don´t need strict rules in a story-driven RPG if people play in a mature manner and don´t just say "I dodge" every time they are attacked.

I'm interested to know the difference between an RPG and an MMORPG. A good one of the latter is voyage century. There is a thread about it somewhwere....

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

I'm interested to know the difference between an RPG and an MMORPG. A good one of the latter is voyage century. There is a thread about it somewhwere....

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Well MMORPG stands for MASSIVE Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, so basically like World of Warcraft or other such games like that that consume you :pir-tongue:

Rules for story driven RPGs are basically "write like a mature adult". Fleshed out and descriptive sentences do wonders.

Unfortunately some people have great difficulty in doing so.

And I must insist this be kept within the Pirate LEGO Universe since this is a Pirate LEGO Forum. So attempt incorporate the official set names and characters where possible, but obviously there needs to be much flexibility to allow players to invent their own characters and whatnot.

I definitely don't want to see huge fire-breathing dragon squadrons and steampunk tanks in this RPG, however...

I definitely don't want to see huge fire-breathing dragon squadrons and steampunk tanks in this RPG, however...

Redolent of the Great War :pir-laugh:

Yes, the Great War... And what a great schemozzle that turned into!

I'm pro RPGs just so long as they stay within the context of SYSTEM Pirate LEGO.

As a current participant in the Castle one, let me try making a sample entry for the fun and exciting world of Pirates RPG, as based on the reality of the golden age of piracy and written in Infocom Interactive Fiction style.

Day 14

Ocean

You are standing on the deck of your ship, the Sea Monkey.

> LOOK

There is ocean, as far as the eye can see.

> LISTEN

The men are grumbling a bit about the lack of recent prizes.

> WAIT

*** Time Passes ***

Day 15

Ocean

> LOOK

There is ocean, as far as the eye can see.

> LISTEN

The men are grumbling a bit more about the lack of recent prizes.

> WAIT

*** Time Passes ***

Day 16

Ocean

> LOOK

There is ocean, as far as the eye can see. A seagull passes overhead. You can only see out of one eye.

> WIPE EYE

Wiped. Full sight has been restored.

> LISTEN

The men are grumbling even more about the lack of recent prizes.

> WAIT

*** Time Passes ***

Day 17

Ocean

We're out of rum. A surly group of pirates approach you, and, in their ever subtle fashion, explain the situation.

You are thrown overboard with a splash. You are on the surface of the water.

> LOOK

Ocean, as far as the eye can see, which isn't really that far from down here. You begin to sink.

> LISTEN

You hear the gentle lapping of waves. You sink a bit more.

> PADDLE

You are on the surface of the water.

> WAIT

*** Time Passes ***

Day 18

Ocean

You have made a valiant effort, but you are too tired to continue to paddle.

You sink like a rock. Water fills your lungs. You black out.

*** You have died ***

Restore, Retry, or Quit?

Shall we continue? :pir-grin:

2 weeks and not one post in the RPG thread! Shall I assume there's not enough interest from dedicated participants and bury it?