Bob

Star Trek Mafia - Day Three

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

He is (deliberately?) posting them out of order

Order doesn't matter because I'm not telling a story. Are you saying your position has changed in that you no longer think you'd be lynch material in the event McCoy turns up Romulan?

14 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

It's the path of least resistance for both sides. No likey.

So you don't actually want to lynch McCoy, despite going on the record with that position about four hours ago? If that's the case, do you want to say so explicitly?

25 minutes ago, CMP said:

:wacko: Stop doing the thing you said you townread Sulu for doing.

I'm not scum and I'm not giving up. Happy now?

16 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

And what was so convincing about his response and :wall: what satiated your suspicion about his vote...on whoever...that saved McCoy?

It was the overall aura of his response that seemed convincing... and my original suspicion of Sulu was based on the fact that his vote broke the 3v3 deadlock between McCoy and Kyle... which you'd notice if you read the post where I voted for Sulu.

29 minutes ago, CMP said:

But nothing about this Chekov/Sulu interaction is adding up.

There's nothing to add, so of course you can't add it up.

7 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

This is the best piece of analysis we've had today. @Tariq j is due in here to explain his half of this, hopefully pretty damn quickly. Right now though, Chekov is digging himself a hole everytime he posts.

Vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

Here's what bugs me. As much activity has been around McCoy, he hasn't done too much to defend himself. But neither did Kyle and neither did Spock. I defend myself from my own accusations but that doesn't mean that's how everyone approaches this. First chance he had, McCoy jumped on the opportunity to point fingers at Chekov and Sulu. What would anyone have done on either side, though? And of course I understand finding their actions Scummy, I've been going on about it all day. But to have a player who everyone has articulated (some less successfully than others) suspicion against for three days jump right on the wagon here with Chekov and Sulu, gives me pause. Again, as I just discussed with Chekov, perhaps the Scum are taking advantage of a player who had votes on the first two game days. Not sure which way to go at this point.

2 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Order doesn't matter because I'm not telling a story. Are you saying your position has changed in that you no longer think you'd be lynch material in the event McCoy turns up Romulan?

Order does matter because you're saying that my quote is a reason I voted for McCoy when I said it 17 hours after I had un-voted him. And it's not a reason! It's a fact. "I want to lynch Chekov or McCoy." There's no reasoning in that statement. And it is 17 hours after I unvoted him. Have I mentioned that? You're saying it was my reason for voting for him but I said it way after I voted for him, let alone reversed course and un-voted him.

2 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

It was the overall aura of his response that seemed convincing... and my original suspicion of Sulu was based on the fact that his vote broke the 3v3 deadlock between McCoy and Kyle... which you'd notice if you read the post where I voted for Sulu.

The aura?? Let's look at this, yet again.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, jimmynick said:

I'm worried about how Sulu cast the key vote on the Kyle wagon while sliding under our radar. So

Vote: Sulu (Tariq j)

Perhaps I should state explicitly that my vote assumes that McCoy is scum and his scumbuddy Sulu voted for Kyle to bail him out.

17 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If you have a suspicion about me. Vote for me. I’m going to use the same expression as you here. I’m Town. This is why I didn’t respond to Chekov’s vote earlier. If it gets me out of the way to focus on scummier players like McCoy then I’m fine with that. Where have my voting habits been unusual? I voted for Spock because of his incredibly scummy behavour on Day 1 and I voted for Kyle because of the way he behaved on Day 1. I can see I was wrong on both days. But then so was everyone else.

9 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Unvote: Sulu (Tariq j)

Vote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

Why do this now? you might ask. Because I have some town reads.

Next is Sulu actually. His response to my vote is very sane and measured considering there isn't actually much there. It's what I would do if someone spouted some nonsense about me.

Sane and measured aura. How is that a measurement of Scum or Town? If I am every Scum in a game where you're Town, I know how to trick you; I should project a sane and measured aura. How are you measuring Sulu's aura? I'm serious there. What the hell are you talking about? Your original concern isn't even acknowledged by Sulu. He says nothing about his vote for Kyle. He doesn't say anything except "Lynch me if you think I'm Scum." It's not even a good reason not to respond to you. What is this? If it's a bumble of a Scum act, what the hell kind of Town act is it?? I think it's a Scum fumble based on your schedule.

And your magic town reads that come out of virtually nowhere. Were you spouting nonsense or did his vote concern you? I don't have an answer, mostly because I can see for myself that Sulu never answered it! *huh* This is bonkers-land. Population: you.

No offense.

18 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Order does matter because you're saying that my quote is a reason I voted for McCoy when I said it 17 hours after I had un-voted him. And it's not a reason!

Oh, no, that's not what I mean at all. I mean that you said you wanted to lynch McCoy (or me) well after you had unvoted him. So I should backpedal and say that order matters a little bit.

19 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

You're saying it was my reason for voting for him

No. To reiterate, you're inferring the wrong thing. The point is you said that after you unvoted. Sorry that wasn't clear but hopefully it is now.

22 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Were you spouting nonsense or did his vote concern you?

I guess if magical aura-reading is nonsense, that's what it is, because there's no other reason.

But yes, Sulu's vote for Kyle did concern me.

To further clarify: I meant you must have more reasons to vote for McCoy if you want to lynch him 17 hours after you unvoted him, and I proceeded to postulate one such reason (that you are curious about his alignment). I thought t was obvious what I meant, but I guess not.

6 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

I guess if magical aura-reading is nonsense, that's what it is, because there's no other reason.

But yes, Sulu's vote for Kyle did concern me.

When I say spouting nonsense, I'm quoting you. You referred to your accusation against Sulu as "spouting nonsense."

Yet, you've reiterated your concern about his vote as real, yet again.

10 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Next is Sulu actually. His response to my vote is very sane and measured considering there isn't actually much there. It's what I would do if someone spouted some nonsense about me.

So were you spouting nonsense or did your vote come from a place of real concern? Because so far, you've said both. And that doesn't scan for me.

I don't mean a factual nonsense so much as a hypothetical accusation against me that I thought was nonsense.

I don't think my accusation against Sulu is nonsense, but I can see why he might think it is.

Because it relies on the assumption that McCoy is scum, and he (and evidently Mallory) may think that's a stretch.

Man Chekov your really making my head spin. I honestly don't know what to think about your vote against you. It doesn't seem like it would benefit anybody. Maybe its all a scum ploy, but to me it seems a little too risky for a scum to do. I don't know maybe there plan is to trick the town and I'm falling right into it, but you got to have a lot of faith to think they the majority of town members would also think that. On the other hand why push yourself closer to a lynch if your town? that will only hurt the town. Chekov your an oddball. I would rather lynch Sulu if were going to lynch someone based of the big discussion today. I had my suspicions about him sliding by and being very non committed. Which he is keeping true to the non committed part by seeming to think Chekov is scum but failing to vote. I also think we would get more info about his alliance then Chekov's as we already had people talking about him yesterday, and by now Chekov has pretty much been called out by everybody. I wish people would vote so I could see if its worth changing my vote to Sulu or if I should just stay put. 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, Chromeknight said:

I was ambivalent on McCoy’s scumminess. And now I’m back listening to your boys rather than logging deep space signals, searching for the enemy within, it’s not a good look. 

I don’t need to do anything more, I agree with the beaming Spock to the brig, even if it’s just as punishment for the way he treats me in some future reboot when I’m even younger and hotter than now.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:14 PM, Chromeknight said:

I would have preferred McCoy go, he was the one I voted for because he was who seemed scummy. I didn’t have a good read on Spock.

As for any supposed synchronicity between myself and others, you need to remember I come from the future, 10hours before zulu time. I’d think someone might match up by coincidence as they sleep while I work and vice versa. 

Day One: Ambivalent on McCoy, agree with lynching Spock.

Day Two: Preferred McCoy, didn't have a good read on Spock.

Why is everyone acting so Scummy???

I'm trying to go through and get a read on McCoy. I can't and I'm surprised so many have so many questions from what is actually not a lot of posts. He does vote for Spock for voting in the same position he ends up voting for Spock, which tied up the votes between the two of them, yes. And he swooped in today with the most he's had to say yet, piling on our suspicions of Chekov and voting for him, again the only other viable candidate on a day he's once again being voted for. But he's been voted for every day. How are you supposed to behave when a little wagon forms on you every day? How amazing is that sentence, out of context?

McCoy's behavior is close to what I was actually looking for yesterday and found mostly in Sulu, flying under the radar. But Chekov has been outwardly Scummy all day and my brain is about to break. I don't like Uhura either, really. Jesus, I'm going to go through everyone again. I'm going to take the next hour to think about the best place to put my vote...

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Don’t make me come back there and slap you. 

Of course order matters, and everything else in between too. 

Saying otherwise is scummy.

unvote: McCoy (Umbra-Manis)

vote: Chekov (jimmynick)

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

It could be just one of you.

Now here's a thought: you took your vote off McCoy when McCoy pointed out you were mistaken about who voted for whom, when. But that wasn't your only reason for wanting to see McCoy lynched, as you say:

Forgive me for putting words into your mouth but I think you are just as curious as I about McCoy's affiliation. Yet there you stand, quite active but with no vote recorded (though perhaps I shouldn't take a shot at your communication), when you could easily get me to three or McCoy to four. Unless you don't want to vote for McCoy. After all:

You might be McCoy's fellow Romulan, and you've latched on to Mallory's theories about me and Sulu cavorting in the dark to get the heat off your scum-buddy.

As for why you'd be reluctant to vote for me if you're scum, go fish.

Even if you're town, I don't know why you'd sit back like this. Seems more likely to me that you're scum seeing which way the wind blows.

You might both be scum and McCoy town. I can easily conceive of you two stoking accusations against me and Sulu, and keeping McCoy on the back burner. A roadmap to victory as an angry mob knows exactly who's on their shit list every day until it's just you Romulans left.

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Hey, no worries :thumbup:. Honestly I’m going nuts with what’s happening now. 

Just what? Your play today makes no sense. I don’t know whether this is an attempt to try and divert/split the Lynch away from McCoy here? 

It’s worth noting that on Day 1 (see above) Chekhov was the first person to jump on to Spock for going after McCoy. Looking back now it feels like a subtle defence of his scum buddy.

He then asks why Kyle (who we now was town) was not the best choice for a bandwagon. I can’t see these posts coming from a townie perespective. He’s literally defended one of the most scummy players here (McCoy) and encouraged a lynch on someone we now know is town. The vote on himself feels like a last minute ditch attempt to make himself look Town.

Based on these two posts, Sulu and Chekov should be voting for McCoy, but they aren't. If you want McCoy to be lynched, here are two people who think McCoy is Scum, turn to them.

For me, I'll vote: Chekov/jimmynick for all of the reasons I've stated all day from his weird reaction to a legitimate question about his nonsense response to Sulu all the way up to softly accusing me but not following through with a vote on me, Mallory or McCoy.

15 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

Eeeew, gross. Uhura voted for him too. :hmpf: Now, I'm having doubts again. I don't like that Uhura contradicted herself again with this vote. Yes, I agree that the order of things is important and suggesting otherwise is Scummy. 

9 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Err, no. I was a post hammer vote. If you want to throw suspicion, make you have a firm grasp on facts before moving.

But look at yourself. You can't even get the order you actually voted in correct. And is this really the Scummiest thing Chekov has done to warrant a vote?

And what about your hard titties for McCoy's lynch? What happened to those?

Alrighty, I will Unvote: McCoy/Umbra-Manis and Vote: Chekov/jimmynick. Hopping off to my bunk for the evening, I hope we're on the right track here.

12 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

But look at yourself. You can't even get the order you actually voted in correct. And is this really the Scummiest thing Chekov has done to warrant a vote?

And what about your hard titties for McCoy's lynch? What happened to those?

I went away, came back, read through things and changed my mind.

The quote I pulled from Chekov isn’t the only scummy thing he’s said, but it is an exemplar. One of many, but citing one is enough.

I got the order of votes yesterday incorrect, I make mistakes. 

7 hours ago, CMP said:

Yyyyyyyes....and it seems like that your logic is that this is a perfectly acceptable response. It's...really not. There are very few of us left. Every townie life is going to count here. I'm really bothered by the fact that you didn't respond to Chekov directly, that it took Scotty calling you out to do so, and that you didn't seem to grasp the insane logic that Chekov based his vote on. "McCoy is definitely scum, but let's vote Sulu out because he hammered Kyle." There's any number of ways you could've said "that's crazy." Like..."you're nuts, Chekov." "I'll have what he's smoking." I wouldn't've even have held it against you if you had actually responded this flippantly and jokingly because of how ridiculous it was. 

I interpreted it as the accusation was that both me and McCoy are scum. But I had voted for Kyle hammering his bandwagon hence why he voted for me. 

For reasons I stated earlier I’m going to Vote: Commander McCoy (Umbra Manis)

8 hours ago, jimmynick said:

No. To reiterate, you're inferring the wrong thing. The point is you said that after you unvoted. Sorry that wasn't clear but hopefully it is now.

@Hinckley no response to this, you just slink off and then come back to talk about Uhura and vote for me?

5 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

That's the one thing you go to to justify voting for me? Nice.

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

But I had voted for Kyle hammering his bandwagon

But you didn't hammer the wagon! This isn't even up for interpretation, it's  matter of fact! How can both you and Uhura both be so wrong about when your votes for Kyle came in?

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Based on these two posts, Sulu and Chekov should be voting for McCoy, but they aren't. If you want McCoy to be lynched, here are two people who think McCoy is Scum, turn to them.

Or I could have voted fpr you, since you're scum in both scenarios I outlined in the post you quoted. Nice obfuscation.

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

not following through with a vote on me, Mallory or McCoy.

My bad.

Unvote: Chekov (Me)

Vote: Scotty (Hinckley)

Anybody notice how the wagon swung away from McCoy? And today it was Scotty who did it?

Vote Count:
Doctor McCoy / Umbra-Manis - 2 (Khscarymovie4, Tariq j)
Ensign Chekov / jimmynick - 4 (Umbra-Manis, Chromeknight, Hinckley, CMP)
Scotty / Hinckley - 1 (jimmynick) 

Less than 4 hours remain in Day Three. It takes four votes to lynch.

Edited by Bob
Edited time remaining

@Hinckley no response to this, you just slink off and then come back to talk about Uhura and vote for me?

That's the one thing you go to to justify voting for me? Nice.

But you didn't hammer the wagon! This isn't even up for interpretation, it's  matter of fact! How can both you and Uhura both be so wrong about when your votes for Kyle came in?

Or I could have voted fpr you, since you're scum in both scenarios I outlined in the post you quoted. Nice obfuscation.

My bad.

Unvote: Chekov (Me)

Vote: Scotty (Hinckley)

Anybody notice how the wagon swung away from McCoy? And today it was Scotty who did it?

McCoy would've been lynched if you wouldn't have had a tantrum with Mallory and/or been able to explain the reasoning behind your unvote. If you wanted McCoy to be lynched, you still could've achieved that since he seems to be the crux of all of your theories.

How would Scum be swinging the lynch away from McCoy for three days? There are only two Romulans.

What was there to respond to? You half admitted you were wrong. Congratulations, I guess? :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

What was there to respond to?

The assertion that you still have reasons to want to vote for McCoy. It's fine and dandy to vote for me today but you're ducking that point. Is it true that you actually still want to lynch McCoy at some point (or at least did long after you unvoted him) or were you just playing pretend? Because now it seems that you're laying the blame for McCoy's wagon at my and Sulu's feet, which is a little uncharitable considering what you've been saying about McCoy all day.

You might couch it in terms of "saying McCoy is suspicious but not voting for him".

13 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

McCoy would've been lynched if you wouldn't have had a tantrum with Mallory and/or been able to explain the reasoning behind your unvote.

We're lynching a townie today because you and Mallory are unable to accept that sometimes people don't have very good reasons to do the things they do. Good job :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

The assertion that you still have reasons to want to vote for McCoy. It's fine and dandy to vote for me today but you're ducking that point. Is it true that you actually still want to lynch McCoy at some point (or at least did long after you unvoted him) or were you just playing pretend? Because now it seems that you're laying the blame for McCoy's wagon at my and Sulu's feet, which is a little uncharitable considering what you've been saying about McCoy all day.

You might couch it in terms of "saying McCoy is suspicious but not voting for him".

We're lynching a townie today because you and Mallory are unable to accept that sometimes people don't have very good reasons to do the things they do. Good job :thumbup:

Yes, as I've said repeatedly, there are reasons to lynch McCoy. I do feel, though, like his Scumminess was being overstated by some. I've gone over everyone's posts repeatedly. If you're Town and he's Scum, way to swoop in today and act 10 times Scummier than him. Good job yourself. :thumbup:

Vote Count:
Doctor McCoy / Umbra-Manis - 2 (Khscarymovie4, Tariq j)
Ensign Chekov / jimmynick - 4 (Umbra-Manis, Chromeknight, Hinckley, CMP)
Scotty / Hinckley - 1 (jimmynick)

With four votes, Chekov / jimmynick has been lynched. 

img_2487.jpg

"I'm innocent! No, I'm guilty, vote for me. Wait, no, I am still innocent."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Chekov. Transporter room, energize!"

img_2487_-_copy.jpg

As soon as Chekov left the bridge, the Captain's chair beeped again.