What? No love for the tree gate yet?

I cannot begin to imagine the proposal the forest man had to assemble for his rogue leader.

"Well you see sir, I have it in mind to build a gate in a tree."

"But won't people just walk around it?"

"But it's a gate. In a tree."

"Maybe if you found a way to link the trees into a wall..."

"TREE GATE."

:oh: "Okay, we're just gonna change the name to 'tree outpost' and I'll pass this one on."

(Wringing hands.) "Tree gate. Tree gate. Tree gate..."

Keep up the good work!

MAC

Hahaha xD

Thx!

P.S. If you got through the gate you end up in different place then if you went around the tree. :) Magic!

The leaves and branches look really good! A perfect natural roof :classic:

As for the trunk: hmmm, I see what you want to achieve in this build, but somehow it doesn't quite work for me. The stoneworks looks too "grown" by itself to be a real contrast to the shaping of the tree. It could be simply all wood if you change the grey pieces with browns.

I think  staying with a strictly rectangular shaping for the stoneworks would give it a more natural-meets-artificial feel to it. Like an old watchtower where a tree has grown out and around of it.

Interesting build.  The tree part looks good, I do think the the gate part overtakes the tree part a little to much for me.  The landscaping around the bottom is very nice.  I think the tree itself could use a little more branches and foliage. Other than that nice build and gotta love the old forestman figs.  

On 7/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, Littleworlds said:

The leaves and branches look really good! A perfect natural roof :classic:

As for the trunk: hmmm, I see what you want to achieve in this build, but somehow it doesn't quite work for me. The stoneworks looks too "grown" by itself to be a real contrast to the shaping of the tree. It could be simply all wood if you change the grey pieces with browns.

I think  staying with a strictly rectangular shaping for the stoneworks would give it a more natural-meets-artificial feel to it. Like an old watchtower where a tree has grown out and around of it.

Thx! I understand your point. But I was aiming the point where you can't tell is it the tree grown up in the wall, or the stonework was build on the tree ;)

On 7/11/2019 at 5:07 AM, zoth33 said:

Interesting build.  The tree part looks good, I do think the the gate part overtakes the tree part a little to much for me.  The landscaping around the bottom is very nice.  I think the tree itself could use a little more branches and foliage. Other than that nice build and gotta love the old forestman figs.  

Thx :) You are right, it could use more foliage but I wanted this time to do it not to dense.

1 hour ago, Kalais said:

Thx! I understand your point. But I was aiming the point where you can't tell is it the tree grown up in the wall, or the stonework was build on the tree ;)

I see. Mission acomplished then! :classic:

Great build
I like the whole thing, the tree, gate and all the rest, all can't I understand the meaning of it. You can also walk around the tree :classic: or is it indeed some kind of magic gate/doorway to ...

But who cares, it's a great and original build. Nice work on the ground too with those plants.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, Littleworlds said:

I see. Mission acomplished then! :classic:

:)

On 7/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, neonic said:

Great build
I like the whole thing, the tree, gate and all the rest, all can't I understand the meaning of it. You can also walk around the tree :classic: or is it indeed some kind of magic gate/doorway to ...

But who cares, it's a great and original build. Nice work on the ground too with those plants.

Thx. Yes, the idea is if you go through the gate you end up in different place then if you went around the tree. :) Magic!