Sign in to follow this  
leafan

Playmobil Movie

So I went to see Toy Story 4 with my boy last weekend and the trailer for the Playmobil Movie came on; and now he wants to see it!

I felt slightly besmirched :)

It seemed to have Pirates and potentially Knights in it, which he's really into and Lego doesn't do those anymore, so I feel like I have to see this for him.

P.S. - It looked pretty funny.

Edited by leafan

Just have a good building session with him...make him forget everything he saw. :tongue: 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:56 AM, Vindicare said:

Just have a good building session with him...make him forget everything he saw. :tongue: 

Just saw this, sorry.

Yeah he's just of age to start building mocs, so I'll help him down that route :P

I'm thinking of a Castle and village moc.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh, it's only just opened in the US? Didn't know that.

It released months ago in the UK. By boy enjoyed it anyway, but I guess that the end of Cinema release Playmobil movies.

Also, it'll probably be seen as further confirmation that future Lego movies are not a good idea, sadly.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, Robert8 said:

On 12/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, leafan said:

Oh, it's only just opened in the US? Didn't know that. 

Well I guess that's what happens when their is no advertising for a movie. I guess the last Charlie's Angels had more advertisement and no one seemed know that movie came out. And we know that one didn't do so well too (it sounds like the writing wasn't that great also). 

I don't think the playmobil movie did so well for merchandising. A store near me that rarely discounts toys has playmobil movie stuff at 50% off.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, MAB said:

I don't think the playmobil movie did so well for merchandising. A store near me that rarely discounts toys has playmobil movie stuff at 50% off.

Is that a chain store? My boy loves the Viking/Knights from the Playmobil range and I'd like to pay 50% less.

I didn’t even know this thing came out...never once saw a trailer for it, at the theatre or on TV...

Edited by Vindicare

Of toys, my first love is LEGO, Playmobil second, but I just have no desire to see this movie. After reading the synopsis, it seems almost a beat-by-beat rehash of TLM. I saw a trailer on an industry site, but nothing else.