Tezclatipoca

[Esl FB] The Royal Fishery of Elysabethtown

The Royal Fishery of Elysabethtown

In order to help the Eslandian funds, Felipe de la Manzana ordered, before his departure on the chase of the mythical golden apple, to start building some quays and develop a little island just near the entrance of the bay of Elysabethtown.

Those quays, once built, became a good place to settle some fishing spots as the waters are particularly rich in this area.

So, finally, it is an all industrious little island that thrived here and the old quays and the initial fort became rapidly warehouses full of dryed and salted fish ready to be exported to the rest of the colonies.

hZKKfppl.jpg

SZLan1Jl.jpg

It is now frequent to see fishing boats all around the little island and sometimes bigger ships are sailing to the island to deliver goods to the fishermen in exchange of their cured fish.

It is possible in rare occasions that whales and other cetaceous creatures cruise by, so it is common to see whale meat and fat sailed back to the old continent from here...

ZJBM17ol.jpg

Here we can see a new arrival of fresh fish :

U9mqM4Rl.jpg

And here is the entrance of the salting house, where the fish is prepared to be salted and then stored away.

xUurFrEl.jpg

Here, is the drying house; where the fish is dryed and ready to be cargoed on ships that can directly board at the house.

yzHCpIRl.jpg

48aYnc2l.jpg

DjOBpKPl.jpg

From here, we can see the storing house, an old military facility, now dedicated to the storage of crates of dryed and salted fish.

w5bNv65l.jpg

Some soldiers are still here but not really needed anymore. So they are progressively moving away the weapons to leave the space to the fishing activities.

p7kq2Idl.jpg

AGGTuRkl.jpg

The old access to the island and the initial quays were under the cliff and very well protected. Now it is just another good fishing spot.

ztjR8LLl.jpg

EvgQwIBl.jpg

DnMAKjol.jpg

Some other views :

5OmVQlsl.jpg

b3DgpcRl.jpg

zSioc47l.jpg

This build took me a while...

And some of you could recognize the pirate island I exposed in Antwerpen. It was my main objective to build alone and by myself a big island at the Royal dimensions.

There it is ! :laugh:

It can be licensed by Eslandola as a Royal Artisan in Elysabethtown. @Capt Wolf you can license it for Eslandola if you want. I cannot license it for myself.

Very cool build man!! It's huge! I like the cliffs and the hidden quay the most.. That rockwork looks good. The fort is a bit blocky but I still like it. Great Moc

Excellent build Faladrin, it shows the age of our world of bobs, a fallen fort on a even older pirate cave, now a lifely fishing town. 

I like the two different roof styles you showed on the fishing buildings, but the facade of the fortress, the way it really showes old/borken down colonial style is great.

And you really made me feel bad for not even putting two bricks together all this time :/

Bart

Whoa... so much to look at... so much to process... :thumbup:

Lovely scene. It looks appropriately busy and I really like the layout of the island. Good job on all the buildings and I especially like the open expanse of the cavern. :classic:

The two connected rowboats are one of the smoother versions I've ever seen - but those fishermen better look out for Moby Brick! :distressed: :shark:

Good work. How big is it? 

15 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very cool build man!! It's huge! I like the cliffs and the hidden quay the most.. That rockwork looks good. The fort is a bit blocky but I still like it. Great Moc

Thank you !

I apreciate you noticed the rockwork. It took me some time to process it correctly. Then I built the fort upon the cliff adaptating it on the cliff.

14 hours ago, Bart said:

Excellent build Faladrin, it shows the age of our world of bobs, a fallen fort on a even older pirate cave, now a lifely fishing town. 

I like the two different roof styles you showed on the fishing buildings, but the facade of the fortress, the way it really showes old/borken down colonial style is great.

And you really made me feel bad for not even putting two bricks together all this time :/

Bart

Thank you ! 

Good to see you here ! 

Don't hesitate to build ! It just begins with 2 bricks put together :laugh:

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Whoa... so much to look at... so much to process... :thumbup:

Lovely scene. It looks appropriately busy and I really like the layout of the island. Good job on all the buildings and I especially like the open expanse of the cavern. :classic:

The two connected rowboats are one of the smoother versions I've ever seen - but those fishermen better look out for Moby Brick! :distressed: :shark:

Good work. How big is it? 

Thank you !

the build is 2 large baseplates large and 2 large BP long so that's 96x96 studs plus the size of the little ships and the whale I am not counting.

I am glad you noticed the little ship. I tryed the slickiest design I could and I am really happy how it turned out ! 

Of course I hope Moby brick will not sunk it... :grin::laugh::laugh:

@Spud The Viking : thank you for your kind comment !

Edited by Faladrin