_shaddow_

[Legacy] Kai's Fire Mech

Here is my entry for the Ninjago Legacy Contest : Kai's Fire Mech, inspired by the official model from 2013.

While this version retains all the original's detail, I've taken a more powerful approach to the proportions and shapes. Gone are the thin parts, this new take on the Kai's mech can take down every Stone Warrior around and then some! And to go with this new direction, the katana blade has also been upgraded. I've also changed the mech's colours a bit to add some dark red, which fits better with Kai's outfit, taken from Hands of Time.

One feature I wanted to implement was the "transforming" hand, which goes from four-barreled cannon to a simple hand. While the solution is simple, this may well be the part where I struggled the most getting it right. I wanted to retain the original shape while having a solid looking hand, and it needed to be very compact not to throw off the proportions.

n5fRPkb.jpg

KXfsFbV.jpg

Xwv8kmo.jpg

I really like this - I'd have thought the set couldn't be improved on much, but you've done a great job beefing up the original!  I'm digging the dark red, and the handles on the cockpit are great!

Yeah, you definitely don't want to mess with this bad boy! I like how you beefed this thing up while still keeping the curved pieces on the shoulders that defined the original in scale and looking good.

I liked the original mech a lot and this is a great upgrade!  The dynamic poses really sell it!

Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it !

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:46 AM, Takanuinuva said:

What is that piece used on the sword's hilt?

It's the stone army shoulderpads from 2013. It was borrowed from a MOC Djokson made a good while ago.