MarkoZorec

Bugatti Chiron 42083 mistake noticed - how much backwards do I need to go

I am at step 199 and I have noticed one mistake that I have made...

The brick on the left side, which I have mark with red color, is not present in the book at step 199. On the other hand - on the right side I made it OK, the same brick is on the "opposite" side, so mi sides aren't symmetric...

problem 199

Any way to solve this without going backwards too much? 

Thank you...

Take the light gray pin in front of it out so you can pull the piece off. Then just flip it by disassembling the control arm from the rear side. 

I am not sure I understand either.  But either way, you shouldn't go back at all.  The 2L liftarm (one axle hole and one pin) is easy enough to add or take away.  It indeed should be on both sides as it serves a function.  Keeping the LA that holds the shock absorbers at a 90 degree angle with the parallel 5L black liftarms

I think  the LEGO made it wrong in tutorial. That although never happaned, so...

The problem is, in my model, just like those 2 upper grey axles aren't symmetrical, they are mirrored,

lego4

in my model also those problematic small 2L liftarms are not on the same side, one is on the front, one on the rear. I think that must be because of that, in the step 40, I was cerating 2 identical absorber parts

lego 5

which one of them then I would turn like on a step 41, to make it like on a tutorial

lego 6

and then in my case also those problematic small 2L liftarms are not on the same side.

The problem is, on the tutorial, all along the way from this step, the 2L liftarms are pictured on the same side, like that:

lego 8

So because I know LEGO is very precise, I can't believe, there is a mistake in tutorial? 

Also I don't want to make it wrong and see a problem at step 768 :)

Yes, it's wrong. Good spotting! It's not that uncommon for LEGO to make a mistake in the instructions like this.

There's no need for you to worry - you can have that part on either side without a problem.

I don't understand the problem either.It should be extremely simple to solve, or do I miss something?

(I see that the instructions have that mistake)

Edited by Lipko

Thank you, Mr. Jonatan, I thought it was a mistake after making that research steps backwards in the instructions... Mr. Lipko, I have made this topic because I didn't knew if it is a problem or not, if that's the thing of a mistake in the instructions as Jonatan said, then I won't worry...

The thing is I am always very careful with building that big set, because it can become very tricky solving problems backwards...

I will continue building  now...

The book is correct, they want you to mirror it into X2 because they save ink and paper with less of the exact same pages. If you look at everything else, it is exactly the same, unnecessarily wasteful to use extra materials for no reason.

I do notice there is a mistake on one part in the next pages, I see that you are correct on that. They were wrong on the OX part, but correct on the springs. Not sure why.

Hopefully Lego recognizes this mistake

Edited by Aventador2004