Hey guys!

I wanted to show you my latest MOC, a life size hoverboard, built for the ongoing "The power of BuWizz competition", where you should build a model that demonstrates the amazing feats of strength that BuWizz can achieve.
I've been working on this MOC for 2 weeks now, and I am very glad I got it done, just in time. It was a cumbersome task, as the forces at work are huge and I wanted to stay 100% Lego (not counting BuWizz ofc).

As you will see in the video, I built it for my youngest son, age 5. He's 110 cm tall and weights 19 kg with clothes on, but the hoverboard can easily hold his weight.
He can control it by himself, using the BuWizz beta app on my phone, which fits nicely on the handle bar, which also helps for balancing.

Technical stats:
1 BuWizz
4 XL motors
16 Model Team wheels
Height: 80cm
Lenght: 45cm
Width: 28cm
Weight: 2kg

First, let me show you some photos:

33542810638_a8a10dda39_z_d.jpg

33542811218_ec464ae760_z_d.jpg

46695546114_41ea0efe10_z_d.jpg

33542810518_49af9ffe9c_z_d.jpg

33542810408_00d309b36f_z_d.jpg

33542810888_9d7f668c6b_z_d.jpg

Let's move on to the video:

If you want to see more photos, see my Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/braker23/albums/72157677275777147

Well, that's all for now, let me know what you think :sweet:

That’s really cool and createive! I was surprised when the child was able to ride it! Isn’t it technically a Segway though because of the vertical bar?

Thanks for your appreciation. Segway started this trend, but they have large wheels and are bulkier, so my model looks more like a hoverboard with handle bar.

Forgot to mention the two brave builders that inspired this build, @Burf2000 with his EV3 hoverboards and @Zerobricks with the strong BuWizz puller platform. Thank you both very much!

When I saw the title, I thought you'd actually built a hoverboard from Back to the Future! First thing I was ready to ask: how did you get it to hover? Second thing: where did you get the pink panels? :laugh:

Wow! So cool idea! But it will be cheaper to buy an original hoverboard than to build from lego I supose :)

On 3/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, Maaboo35 said:

When I saw the title, I thought you'd actually built a hoverboard from Back to the Future! First thing I was ready to ask: how did you get it to hover? Second thing: where did you get the pink panels? :laugh:

Haha, thanks for the good laugh. Pink panels would be wicked, but the levitation part is a bit harder :laugh:

On 3/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, Aleh said:

Wow! So cool idea! But it will be cheaper to buy an original hoverboard than to build from lego I supose :)

Thank you. It's certainly cheaper and you get a faster hoverboard, at least. But mine is one-of-kind, hopefully I will have time to upgrade it, in time for summer.