11 hours ago, leonema said:

so, found a previous backup and seems the problem to be relate to these two parts

Delete the xml file for 21712, 29167, 30936, 31577, 49753. I have removed the files from the new download.

6 hours ago, leonema said:

where can i get them?

Can you give me the PartIDs of these parts? Do you have 268400 and 38551 and 67498?

Edited by Stephan

39 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Delete the xml file for 21712, 29167, 30936, 31577, 49753. I have removed the files from the new download.

Can you give me the PartIDs of these parts? Do you have 268400 and 38551 and 67498?

almost all the parts with the error exclamation point ! are fixed! thank you very much!

now only the part plate 2x3 w. holder 2020 - current is still with the error exclamation point !

no, haven't those (268400 and 38551 and 67498)
dunno how to find the id of the parts in a group with the interrogation point ?

them are called:
bogey contact switch;
torso, male, boy;
motor;
shock absorver, no. 2 - piston.

ldd.png

Edited by leonema

My LDD is still crashing when opening the modified plates tab.

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Also, how can I create my own palletes for official sets, just like the 76262CaptainAmericasShield. Do I need to make the files by hand?

Edited by Dtonavector

36 minutes ago, leonema said:

now only the part plate 2x3 w. holder 2020 - current is still with the error exclamation point !

Is included now as well.

7 minutes ago, Dtonavector said:

My LDD is still crashing when opening the modified plates tab.

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Try Delete the xml file for 21712, 29167, 30936, 31577, 49753..

Edited by Stephan

3 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Will be in tomorrow's update!

Try Delete the xml file for 21712, 29167, 30936, 31577, 49753..

I already did. These files were in the Primitives folder, right?

2 minutes ago, Dtonavector said:

I already did. These files were in the Primitives folder, right?

Yes, correct. Since other do not have issues with crashing LDD anymore, you might need to re-download the complete parts update again and overwrite the current files.

39 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Is included now as well.

thank you very much!! :)

42 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Yes, correct. Since other do not have issues with crashing LDD anymore, you might need to re-download the complete parts update again and overwrite the current files.

don't know if could be helpful, but for me worked to restore/overwrite the previous db i found in a system image file 
so must be the 2022 version

even if i applied also the 23 october 2023 full pack and then the 26 oct 2023 version

hope this infos could be helpful :)

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

I tried to re-download everything, even LDD but didn't work. Probably some piece is causing the issue, because if I change to another palette from an official set, it not crashes. When trying to open 231023.lxf it also crashes.

Also, how can I create my own palettes from official sets, just like the 76262CaptainAmericasShield? Do I need to make the files by hand?

Edited by Dtonavector

7 minutes ago, Dtonavector said:

I tried to re-download everything, even LDD but didn't work. Probably some piece is causing the issue, because if I change to another palette from an official set, it not crashes. When trying to open 231023.lxf it also crashes.

Also, how can I create my own palettes from official sets, just like the 76262CaptainAmericasShield? Do I need to make the files by hand?

i'd suggest to apply this 

guess might solve the crash for u aswell

I join the problem with the crashed program even after reinstalling the clean LDD and installing december update. Author, thanks for the parts, really, but you were too hasty.

Edited by SovetskiyMedved

12 hours ago, Dtonavector said:

You just have to copy the template folder from the update to the Palettes folder.

4 hours ago, Stephan said:

You just have to copy the template folder from the update to the Palettes folder.

But do I need to do the .paxml with the parts list by hand or is there something that already gives the list in the correct format?

4 hours ago, Dtonavector said:

But do I need to do the .paxml with the parts list by hand or is there something that already gives the list in the correct format?

For example:

Copy the entire 10291QueerEyeTheFab5Loft folder to ...\LEGO Digital Designer\Palettes. That's all you need to do. The 10291 Queer Eye – The Fab 5 Loft.paxml file inside the 10291QueerEyeTheFab5Loft folder already has the correct format applied :)

19 minutes ago, Stephan said:

For example:

Copy the entire 10291QueerEyeTheFab5Loft folder to ...\LEGO Digital Designer\Palettes. That's all you need to do. The 10291 Queer Eye – The Fab 5 Loft.paxml file inside the 10291QueerEyeTheFab5Loft folder already has the correct format applied :)

I am referring to making my own palettes, besides the ones already in the additional palettes.

46 minutes ago, Dtonavector said:

I am referring to making my own palettes, besides the ones already in the additional palettes.

Aah, in that case, the easiest way is to import the inventory from Brickset, convert it into the correct standard using Excel (for example), copy that into the paxml file, edit the non-existing parts (printed parts, assemblies, multi-colored parts) and substitute mould variations for the existing partIDs in LDD. Quite some work.

9 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Aah, in that case, the easiest way is to import the inventory from Brickset, convert it into the correct standard using Excel (for example), copy that into the paxml file, edit the non-existing parts (printed parts, assemblies, multi-colored parts) and substitute mould variations for the existing partIDs in LDD. Quite some work.

Alright. Thanks!

On 10/29/2023 at 1:46 AM, Stephan said:

Did some research and decided to study the xml files of Bricks in “Group 216” to try and solve its crash issue locally. Focusing only on the latest “Complete Update” download from Dropbox, I used the programme “grepWin” to isolate all xml files containing the text “maingroupid="216"” within the Dropbox Download and located 40 xml files. After installing the original “db” folder and the latest “Complete Update” download from Dropbox together, I opened LDD and searched for the 40 Bricks one by one, LDD crashed after trying to open Part 30350, once “30350.xml” was deleted the crash was gone.

Thus, the culprit responsible for LDD crashing upon opening “Group 216” is Part 30350.

EDIT: This Brick is now fixed but it is still recommended to do a clean install of the Bricks Database to make sure nothing goes wrong, which will specifically help remove newly added files present in older updates but have since been removed in newer ones.

1. Install the latest “Complete Update” download from Dropbox as usual.

2. Locate an original copy of the LDD “db.lif” file (must be from the original “setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe” programme) and extract it via LIF Extractor, or use an original copy of the extracted “db” folder.

3. Go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\db and delete the entire “Primitives” folder.

4. Copy and Paste the entire “Primitives” folder from the original extracted “db” folder back onto the same location.

5. Copy and Paste the entire “Primitives” folder from the latest “Complete Update” download from Dropbox in here too, always selecting “Replace All” when prompted.

Edited by suenkachun

6 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

LDD crashed after trying to open Part 30350, once “30350.xml” was deleted the crash was gone

Thanks for your help! I have now included all files for 30350 to the update. When you download either the complete parts pack, or only update 20231029; you will get the files needed to solve this crash behaviour.

8 minutes ago, leonema said:

even with the complete update those are still the same

If you perform a clean install just like I mentioned earlier, the only part in the last category should be Part 26820 Bogey Contact Switch, as the files you mentioned are just leftovers remaining from older updates which have since been removed in newer updates. Start by locating the original “db.lif” file or use an original copy of the extracted “db” folder, then follow the steps in that post.

55 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

If you perform a clean install just like I mentioned earlier, the only part in the last category should be Part 26820 Bogey Contact Switch, as the files you mentioned are just leftovers remaining from older updates which have since been removed in newer updates. Start by locating the original “db.lif” file or use an original copy of the extracted “db” folder, then follow the steps in that post.

yes, you are right, i should
but it's not so important issue, just only visual...
thanks anyway for the suggestion

32 minutes ago, leonema said:

yes, you are right, i should
but it's not so important issue, just only visual...
thanks anyway for the suggestion

You can just add the subparts in your Build Zone, check their IDs and then remove the related xml and g files.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:49 AM, Stephan said:

Which PartIDs?

Islander Hair is 6025.

Of the holdable shafts that don't work, the bone is 93160 and the samurai horns are 11437, 71591, and 373415 (not sure if that's a complete list). The bucket handle (95344) also does not work.

Of the holdable shafts that do work, the cow horns are 87695, the handcuffs are 61482, 97927, and 56619, the Sith lightning is 59233, and the Batarang is 98721. The islander feathers (87696) also work correctly.

Neither of these is a complete lists. I just tried all the ones that stood out to be as being about the right shape to look good topping the islander hair.

8 hours ago, Stephan said:

You can just add the subparts in your Build Zone, check their IDs and then remove the related xml and g files.

i'll try this way! thank you :)