StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

7 hours ago, derf said:

I think between 100 and 150 € 

I don’t think he is asking price of manual. He is asking price of build.
I would assume 1k-1500. 

13 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I don’t think he is asking price of manual. He is asking price of build.
I would assume 1k-1500. 

No way. Mirko prides himself of making these affordable to build and in my experience I would agree. I’m not sure what U and TS project clock in at but I was able to build K-Project for I think £290 which for 3200 parts worked out at 9p per piece.  

I would expect this to cost around £400-500 With careful shopping

Edited by LDigital

On 10/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, lego_tactics said:

How sure are you lol 

Less sure now with the attention this is getting lol… 

I just hope the scalpers don’t get too involved….  based off how the U-Project and TS-Project are going. 

Edited by TheApatheticOne

On 10/22/2021 at 12:01 PM, LDigital said:

No way. Mirko prides himself of making these affordable to build and in my experience I would agree. I’m not sure what U and TS project clock in at but I was able to build K-Project for I think £290 which for 3200 parts worked out at 9p per piece.  

I would expect this to cost around £400-500 With careful shopping

LOL thats funny, the U wing and the TS project i have both used parts that were in 1 set only and the TS project that part was a 8x8 black dish from 1992 blacktron only set it alone was 20+ the U wing used 2 pieces of glass from the original u wing from lego... another 1 set only.  Expect this moc and build to run you 700-900 depending on your stocks and availability and if you used new or used parts.  If you notice his photos there are several parts that are from OLDER sets and a few specific to a few sets only from what I have been able to decipher./ K project had nothing special in it besides the fig.   So 400-500 is comical 

Edited by lostmyz

On 10/22/2021 at 9:58 AM, KevinMD said:

I do not like this tread anymore. It is hostile. 

I agree, but it's not new and a lot of it seems unfairly directed at Mirko.

I've been lucky enough to buy copies of his earlier books for myself and one of my sons.  Each build was a work of art and looked as impressive as I could have hoped.  Each book was truly amazing.  I don't say this lightly, but his instructions are better and more clear than LEGO's own instructions.

I've seen posts from Mirko saying he does try to use more common pieces on his newer builds, but this is still a huge build.  It will be expensive.  If you want to include the Finch Dallow minifigure and don't already have one, it will cost a lot more.  I usually assume I'll pay about $.20-$.30 (or 20P-30P) per piece for any MOC if I need to buy all the parts and only want "new" condition pieces. 

Mirko's instructions are not cheap.  Buying the parts will be expensive.  So is a Ferrari.  In my experience, you get what you pay for.  Mirko's designs and his instructions are world-class--a piece of art.  I hope I'm around to see Project 20-01 or 50-01.  

On 10/22/2021 at 1:07 AM, lostmyz said:

Will there be a light kit available through someone else other than LYGOD 

There will be a specific lighting kit for the B-Project and the code is B00302. It will be manufactured and sold by brickstuff. The kit will be available on their website after the instructions are out.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, Eaglefan344 said:

Do we have any idea on approx. cost? Debating if I want to spend my money on this or something else. 

I haven't decided on the cost of the manual yet but one thing is sure. Compared to the K-Project which had about 180 pages, the B-Project has almost 270 pages. The printing costs are higher and the effort to create it was really a lot. In addition, I have also introduced a few more things than the K-Project manual, trying to further improve the construction experience. It will certainly be more expensive. As for the cost of the parts, as usual, I tried to make a careful choice of parts to limit costs. The best thing, however, is to buy an official LEGO 75188 resistance bomber set from which you can find all the minifigures and some special pieces made just for this set.
In the manual, however, there will also be a guide with specific advice for buying and / or replacing the rarest parts. I tried to do my best.

4 hours ago, StarBricks said:

There will be a specific lighting kit for the B-Project and the code is B00302. It will be manufactured and sold by brickstuff. The kit will be available on their website after the instructions are out.

I haven't decided on the cost of the manual yet but one thing is sure. Compared to the K-Project which had about 180 pages, the B-Project has almost 270 pages. The printing costs are higher and the effort to create it was really a lot. In addition, I have also introduced a few more things than the K-Project manual, trying to further improve the construction experience. It will certainly be more expensive. As for the cost of the parts, as usual, I tried to make a careful choice of parts to limit costs. The best thing, however, is to buy an official LEGO 75188 resistance bomber set from which you can find all the minifigures and some special pieces made just for this set.
In the manual, however, there will also be a guide with specific advice for buying and / or replacing the rarest parts. I tried to do my best.

Thank you Mirko! I had already resigned to the fact that we won't have a lighting kit based on past posts, so this is great news!!

I'm sure the manual price will be fair and sourcing parts will be about the journey just as much as the finished product.

Thank you for your continued dedication and hard work. Looking forward to being one of the first across the pond to purchase your amazing project. We are looking at less than a week from release, right!?

20 hours ago, baublitz said:

Thank you Mirko! I had already resigned to the fact that we won't have a lighting kit based on past posts, so this is great news!!

I'm sure the manual price will be fair and sourcing parts will be about the journey just as much as the finished product.

Thank you for your continued dedication and hard work. Looking forward to being one of the first across the pond to purchase your amazing project. We are looking at less than a week from release, right!? 

Yeah right .. less than a week

On 10/27/2021 at 2:58 AM, StarBricks said:

The best thing, however, is to buy an official LEGO 75188 resistance bomber set from which you can find all the minifigures and some special pieces made just for this set.

Mirko-Will there be a separate parts list for people who have 75188 or instructions to remove them from the parts list?  Thank you.

3 hours ago, LEGODadWI said:

Mirko-Will there be a separate parts list for people who have 75188 or instructions to remove them from the parts list?  Thank you. 

I prefer to avoid further lists. The best thing is to create the total wanted list and manually delete the parts that can be recovered from the set. This is because, as usual, the red parts can be replaced with other colors and everyone can decide whether to do it or not. Furthermore, the manual deletion of the parts from the wanted list is also convenient for eliminating any parts that people have at home in the bulk.

However, in the manual there will also be notes and suggestions for finding and purchasing the rarest parts.

I could see all Mirko's model last week in Spa, and I can confirm the Bomber is truly impressive.

(Hi Mirko, hope you're doing great!)

On 10/21/2021 at 6:07 AM, StarBricks said:

In ten days the instructions of the B-Project will come out. I have already started working on the TR-Project instructions but it will take some time. In the meantime, enjoy the B-Project .. It was a very demanding job and the manual has almost 270 pages ..

:yoda:

Shall I leave milk and cookies out for ol' Saint Mirko tonight? Wine and tangerine?

On 10/28/2021 at 4:48 AM, StarBricks said:

Yeah right .. less than a week

Just curious if we’re still looking at this less than a week for release. Any updates by chance 🤙🏼

Constant lurker so if I don't get protocol correct my apologies.  Is there a parts list by chance so we can get started on collecting parts?

On 10/31/2021 at 7:55 PM, Veynom said:

I could see all Mirko's model last week in Spa, and I can confirm the Bomber is truly impressive.

(Hi Mirko, hope you're doing great!) 

Hi Veynom, thank you very much. SPA was a great experience. Thanks to the whole WALUG group

11 hours ago, BadSisko said:

Constant lurker so if I don't get protocol correct my apologies.  Is there a parts list by chance so we can get started on collecting parts?

Usually you only get the parts list directly after you purchase the instructions.

I’ve been checking for the B project instructions to be released 3-4 times a day since the 30th. It’s like Christmas morning every 8 hours :)  I know it will be worth the wait. 

Yeah!!!!!!! Merry Starbricksmas, fellow studs! Email sent! Mirko... I want the B-project, realized I didn't put that in the email. :)

12 minutes ago, blkhawkce said:

Also on Brickstuff the lighting kit is available as well.

Thanks for the reminder!!!  I just ordered.  

15 minutes ago, blkhawkce said:

Also on Brickstuff the lighting kit is available as well.

Yeah thanks! My order is in as well. :)