MKJoshA

[R14 - Bothawui - CS] Intelligence Connections

Previously

Mick was working to train his recruits on more than just data processing. This meant visits to the field. This time around he took his team to Bothawui. Know for it's information centers. It's a hotbed of information and a popular place for governments to spy on one another.

DSC_0031.JPG

Mick connected with one of his contacts on the planet to find out where he could safely show his team the vast information network without getting them embroiled in political intrigue.

I dig the building but if you're looking to use CHIMA cat heads as Bothans... what about Cathar?

The combination of dark orange and dark tan works really well and the aerials are nicely done.

Again, the photo seems a little blurry. It looks like the ISO could be set quite high, I can't see the EXIF on Bricksafe, but that could be woth checking.

5 hours ago, mccoyed said:

I dig the building but if you're looking to use CHIMA cat heads as Bothans... what about Cathar?

Who or what is Cathar?

@MKJoshA Cathar are the "Cat People" of Star Wars. I think @mccoyed brought them up because the Chima cat heads work perfectly for them. I've actually included one on the far-right of my intro build, but he is mostly in shadow. 

In SWTOR, both species look pretty similar, but Bothans have longer ears. Outside of of SWTOR, Bothans look far more animal, they've got a protruding snout, the eyes are on the side of the head, and they have longer hair. Check out this guy. 

I've got this part, which I'm planning to use for Bothans. However, I think you could totally use Chima heads to represent both. Both options do a good job of representing both species. I'm also excited about the upcoming CMF Oz Lion for this reason.

[quietly realises that he has written an essay on the subject and realises he sits at the heart of a nerdy Venn diagram...]

Edited by Ross Fisher

Ah yeah, you're right I think. Going by the SWTOR design, CHIMA heads do look pretty good.

@mccoyed I think the studio behind SWTOR copped out a bit and made them more human because they didn't want to have to animate a face that looked like the traditional Bothan face. 

On 1/5/2019 at 3:33 AM, Ross Fisher said:

@MKJoshA Cathar are the "Cat People" of Star Wars. I think @mccoyed brought them up because the Chima cat heads work perfectly for them. I've actually included one on the far-right of my intro build, but he is mostly in shadow. 

In SWTOR, both species look pretty similar, but Bothans have longer ears. Outside of of SWTOR, Bothans look far more animal, they've got a protruding snout, the eyes are on the side of the head, and they have longer hair. Check out this guy. 

I've got this part, which I'm planning to use for Bothans. However, I think you could totally use Chima heads to represent both. Both options do a good job of representing both species. I'm also excited about the upcoming CMF Oz Lion for this reason.

[quietly realises that he has written an essay on the subject and realises he sits at the heart of a nerdy Venn diagram...]

On 1/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, mccoyed said:

Ah yeah, you're right I think. Going by the SWTOR design, CHIMA heads do look pretty good.

Ah, I didn't know about that Cathar people. I've played KOTOR, but not SWTOR. It's true the Mutant Turtles head fits better than the Chima heads, I've just always had a hard time overcoming the rat shape.

The Cathar look like a cool race. I hope they show up in other SW media soon.

Haha yeah. Pretty sure KOTOR was the game that basically launched Cathar into the SW universe.