thire5

[MOC] Star Trek vignette

Sweet :wub_drool:.. 

I think those mini-models need a lot more creativity that the larger ones :sweet:..

By the way, take a look at my Millennium Falcon :iamded_lol:.. (other universe, I know)

20181124_010241190_iOS.jpg

Thanks! This Enterprise was created while I was playing with those pieces, almost by an accident :grin:

Your Falcon is cute :D 

That's a great little build!  For being all of 4 parts, that starship looks great!  Very effective build for the Borg cube at that size as well.  :classic:

Ag, that Enterprise is perfect! Combined with the top-notch "phaser" support beam and the cube... :wub: 

Thanks for sharing this, I think I might have to make a teeny little Enterprise too now. 

Thank you! :classic:

On 11/30/2018 at 1:28 AM, Pdaitabird said:

I love your design for the Borg cube! That's a wonderful micro Enterprise too - is it the Sovereign-class?

You mean Enterprise E ? I noted in the description that it's portraying Enterprise D, but in this scale it is hard to distinguish so I don't know :D

23 minutes ago, thire5 said:

Thank you! :classic:

You mean Enterprise E ? I noted in the description that it's portraying Enterprise D, but in this scale it is hard to distinguish so I don't know :D

Ah, so you did - thanks for pointing that out. I'd completely missed the description before!

Fantastic work!

Instantly recognizable, with perfectly captured details, even at the small scale.

I'm particularly drawn to the Borg cube, as I was just thinking about how to build one on a small scale this morning. The vent pieces were a perfect choice to add texture. Mixing in the other plates and tiles was a great idea that further highlights the random design of the "real thing." While tiny, the Enterprise also looks great, with the perfect selection of parts. 

As another Lego Trekkie, I'm impressed. Great work on one of my favorite sci-fi franchises. Keep it up!

On 12/6/2018 at 5:04 AM, SteampunkDoc said:

Fantastic work!

Instantly recognizable, with perfectly captured details, even at the small scale.

I'm particularly drawn to the Borg cube, as I was just thinking about how to build one on a small scale this morning. The vent pieces were a perfect choice to add texture. Mixing in the other plates and tiles was a great idea that further highlights the random design of the "real thing." While tiny, the Enterprise also looks great, with the perfect selection of parts. 

As another Lego Trekkie, I'm impressed. Great work on one of my favorite sci-fi franchises. Keep it up!

Thanks!

I was actually thinking about doing this scene in a bigger scale. I have really a lot of dark bluish gray plates, tiles, grills etc. so my idea was a cube with the size of  around 30 studs. With some Federation ship(s) in the similar scale like your's :grin:

16 hours ago, thire5 said:

...So my idea was a cube with the size of around 30 studs. With some Federation ship(s) in the similar scale like your's :grin:

Sounds awesome! 

As much as these minis are pretty cool, a bigger scale would allow much, much more detail. Can't wait! Enterprise D is an obvious choice, but what other ships were you thinking of? The Defiant? The Enterprise E?